Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

Edhmelus
Old 08-09-2009 , 21:30   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #91

Also in behalf of the plugin maker tPoncho.

You probably should not whirl around in his addon too much. It would either turn out nice or bad for you <.<; I really think he appreciates the attempt.. But I think you should leave it to him what he wants changed and based on player's choices.
spiderlemur
Old 08-09-2009 , 22:47   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #92

I too prefer tP's original version, but I'd like to see the debug messages gone.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
tPoncho
Old 08-09-2009 , 23:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #93

Small update! Fixed Martial Artist (argh, how could I have missed that! haha, thanks AtomicStryker ^^) and removed debug messages - hope I got them all, cuz WOW I left a lot in there o_O

@ AtomicStryker: Thanks for spotting that mis-code there for me! And yeah don't worry about it, go ahead and expand it however you like. After I get rid of most of the bugs and add in a perk or two I think I'm gonna leave the plugin anyways... so it'd be nice to see it live on through a derivative =)

Also, yeah, I got around the problem with Double Trouble not spawning a second tank by delaying the spawn by a fraction of a second. But I think the director still culls a tank if it counts two or more on a frustration pass. And yeah using player_death and checking if the player's a tank is much more reliable than using tank_death, I originally used tank_death and it only seemed to work for AI tanks, figures.

Wow, someone actually liked Speed Demon? o_O haha, sure, I can put it back in, although my feeling is that it was much less attractive compared to the other perks.

I thought maybe people might get put off because this plugin would conflict with other plugins, since it messes around with so many CVars and stuff. That's cool... I made this plugin with a pretty clear vision of what I wanted, and a lot of what I wanted to do I could only figure out by using CVars, which isn't everyone's cup of tea - so it's nice that someone took the initiative and made an alternate version that doesn't mess up people's plugin setup =P
tPoncho
Old 08-09-2009 , 23:28   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #94

@ Edhmelus: Grasshopper modifies the velocity of the hunter, so theoretically they'd reach their end point at roughly the same time, with most of the variance resulting from vertical movement and gravity... but yeah it probably does seem a heck of a lot slower compared to what Speed Demon used to be =P I'll sit down with my plugin and get Speed Demon back in, along with maybe one other perk tomorrow, assuming nothing big comes up for me

@ Grosskopf: I looked over the code again, and it looks okay... but then I'm tired and sleepy, and I totally could've missed something =P But as it is, it should theoretically remove the perk from the menu, but if people have selected it before, and then the perk got disabled, as long as they don't change their tank perk they could keep double trouble. If the enable convar changed midgame I'd say this is the probable cause, otherwise I'll have to take a closer look at my code...
tPoncho
Old 08-09-2009 , 23:39   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #95

@ Grosskopf: Just did a quick test on my computer, setting it to 0 in the cfg file seemed to work okay for me... let me know if it's still an issue for you though
Edhmelus
Old 08-10-2009 , 00:43   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #96

I love speed demon. It may mess up hunter accuracy in jumping.. But once you have the hang of it, it's REALLY great ^^ Besides. I kind of love darting around survivors clawing them to death. They actually have to have reflexes there like in Hidden:source (game where there 1 invisible hunter kinda and you have to instantly turn AND shoot to oneshot him or you're hopeless at seeing it )

Anyway.

You could even put an direct Uncap into the grasshopper perk? Not sure if it works to just uncap it for "GH-Hunters", but maybe it can be possible? Even though I doubt it, just would be fun to see I guess that Grasshoppers are advantaged on range and "SP-Hunters" on short range but with massive "Impact" so to say.

And yeah <.< You could probably change barf bagged to "Acidic Belcher" or so, so that the boomer belches at them and they take X total damage dealt out equivalenty over 5 seconds for example. Lets say its 5 damage so 1 damage per second <.< So, if he barfbags, it hurts, if not, doesnt really hurt.

And I think the "Dead Wreckening" is OP as its too easy to just barfbag once and literally kill them with it as its horrible damage if you are positioned wrong as survivor <.< Could probably go about and remove Dead wreckening to give the boomer a speed boost + 1HP/Sec regenration to TRY give him some survivability (I can escape.. But am catched mostly because I am slow)

Now, to The metabolic boost.

I M O horribly overpowered bullshit.

Faster than survivors at 80HP or at 30HP + pills. So its no fun, no chance unless he burns or has already eaten lots of damage

Solving solution IMO: Change from 50% to 25% + X% faster tank punches (not same as adrenal glands, definatly not! <-- NOT! x.x; )

And yeah so, lets see bodyslam. Nice but I think its kind of useless. Could be removed to make up a slot for speed-demon again?

NOW to the overall plugin structure

I have installed it on my server and it only saved my EVER first used plugin choices and always goes back to those, even if I choose different ones in a second game after the first game with Perks.

So there could be a solution to this, which could either be tricky or just using up too much space, I dont know.

Since you already made a table with Customize and Choose auto and play.

Auto and play by the way doesnt seem to work always.

And once chosen custom, always custom

But back to maintopic. You could give Customize something between done and Confirm/cancel

The save ability. Maybe make up a tiny cache or something saying playername and refer to number combinations

e.g

E.s|Chuck|Ger or STEAMID of player *shrug* SteamID would be more efficient me thinks

Then number combinations
2:1
5:4
6:1

ect.. So they plugin refers to number 1 => primary survivors Perk => and then refers to the number of the Perk.
2 => Secondary Survivor perk => Perk 1
Could look like this..

1: P3
2: P1
3: P3
4: P3
5: P4
6: P1

Taking P in front of the number so the values do not cross eachother

Also, make choices over the Perk section ability number restricted E.G. If someone was to choose something that the perk doesnt have!

Aka. I dont have it in mind. Hunter has 5 perks and someone clicks 9 and the plugin none the less saves 9 if confirmed to save and choose but that cant be possible because there is no P9 ^^

Anyway, enough written *fingers hurt*

Outta ideas atm. Might give more feedback soon.
spiderlemur
Old 08-10-2009 , 01:01   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #97

Do you plan on adding my Motion Sickness perk? I want it
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
GrossKopf
Old 08-10-2009 , 07:09   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #98

I know a lot of people like to add things to the tank, but in my opinion, it's the most over powered thing in the game, so I'd like to disable all perks for the tank. If I change l4d_perkmod_bot_tank to "0", will that disable the tank's perks? What if I set all the the tank perks to "0"?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 07:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #99

Whats the difference between Old school and effificient killer? Just cant get it.
Old 08-10-2009 , 08:40   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Whats the difference between Old school and effificient killer? Just cant get it.

Shredding = while pounced on survivor

oldschool = clawing