iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2018 , 11:05   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #21

New version released.

Code:
1.2 [29/09/2018]
* Added a cvar tf_day_reset
* Added the automatic creation of the configuration file "topflags" in the configs folder, it is no longer necessary to edit the sma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2018 , 11:05   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereLost View Post
Automatic top15 reset is a god level addition to this plugin, I like it.
Thanks for using the plugin, test the new version and tell me if you encounter any problems

Quote:
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2018 , 11:06   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #23

With the current implementation, stats will only get reset on servers where the map never changes. I understand this may be by design but if you fix this one thing, it can be used on any server. You should then re-check everyone on round start or something, instead of spawn:
PHP Code:
set_task(86400.0"CheckDate", .flags "b"
These should be constants or use #define:
PHP Code:
new PLUGIN [] = "Top Flags"
new VERSION [] = "1.2"
new AUTHOR [] = "iceeedR" 
Indentation issues:
Code:
if(!isTop[id]) {      client_print_color(id, print_team_red, "^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You are on^x04 TOP%d^x03 and have won the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))
    client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s is in^x04 TOP%d^x03 and won the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))   
    remove_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)
     set_user_flags(id, flags)
    isTop[id] = true
} public plugin_cfg() {
    auto_exec_config("TopFlags")
}

Slight change, and you should use HAM_ returns in a HamSandwich event.
PHP Code:
public CheckPlayerRank(id)
{
    if(!
is_user_alive(id)) return PLUGIN_HANDLED

set_task
(1.0"DelayedFlags"id TaskDelay)
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
//to
{
    if( 
is_user_aliveid ) ) 
    {

set_task(1.0"DelayedFlags"id TaskDelay)
    }

Old 09-30-2018 , 12:13   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
With the current implementation, stats will only get reset on servers where the map never changes. I understand this may be by design but if you fix this one thing, it can be used on any server. You should then re-check everyone on round start or something, instead of spawn:
PHP Code:
set_task(86400.0"CheckDate", .flags "b"
These should be constants or use #define:
PHP Code:
new PLUGIN [] = "Top Flags"
new VERSION [] = "1.2"
new AUTHOR [] = "iceeedR" 
Indentation issues:
Code:
if(!isTop[id]) {      client_print_color(id, print_team_red, "^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You are on^x04 TOP%d^x03 and have won the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))
    client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s is in^x04 TOP%d^x03 and won the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))   
    remove_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)
     set_user_flags(id, flags)
    isTop[id] = true
} public plugin_cfg() {
    auto_exec_config("TopFlags")
}

Slight change, and you should use HAM_ returns in a HamSandwich event.
PHP Code:
{
    if(!
is_user_alive(id)) return PLUGIN_HANDLED

set_task
(1.0"DelayedFlags"id TaskDelay)
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
//to
{
    if( 
is_user_aliveid ) ) 
    {

set_task(1.0"DelayedFlags"id TaskDelay)
    }

Thanks for your notes, but in my tests round start does not have the top updated yet, so I would have to put a Delay in the same way, what would be the real benefit with this change? All the rest I changed as you pointed me out, as for the indentation I do not know why it happened since I wrote it from the beginning in the sublime text, but thank you.

Quote:
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2018 , 12:47   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #25

Regarding calling at round start versus spawn, not a noticeable benefit I guess, it would be get_cvar_string() not getting re-called for every person since the values would be re-used for everyone. Plus I think it would be cleaner to check everyone in 1 function call versus having the game call the same function at one time for every player.
Old 09-30-2018 , 14:32   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Regarding calling at round start versus spawn, not a noticeable benefit I guess, it would be get_cvar_string() not getting re-called for every person since the values would be re-used for everyone. Plus I think it would be cleaner to check everyone in 1 function call versus having the game call the same function at one time for every player.
Ok, I agree with you, take another look please and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2018 , 15:24   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #27

Move all variable declarations and redundant code (get_pcvar_string(), read_flags()) out of the for loop.
Old 09-30-2018 , 15:35   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Move all variable declarations and redundant code (get_pcvar_string(), read_flags()) out of the for loop.

Ops sorry, updated.

Quote:
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2018 , 16:05   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #29

You need to review the function in entirety when making a change. You should not be exiting the function within the loop based on a condition that affects 1 player, replace the return X with continue.

Code:
    for(new i; i < iNum; i++)     {         id = iPlayers[i]         if(get_user_flags(id) & iFlagsRestrictToCheck)
        return PLUGIN_HANDLED  <- replace with continue, and indent.
        //If you want to require the player to have ALL of the flags in the cvar, replace with the below.         //Your code will skip them if they have one or more of the flags and not require all. If this is how you want it then disregard.         if ( ( get_user_flags(id) & iFlagsRestrictToCheck ) == iFlagsRestrictToCheck )                 continue;         iRank = get_user_stats(id, stats, bodyhits)                 get_user_name(id, szName, charsmax(szName))                 if(iRank <= get_pcvar_num(VarRank))         {             if(!isTop[id])             {                 client_print_color(id, print_team_red, "^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You are on^x04 TOP%d^x03 and have won the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s is in^x04 TOP%d^x03 and won the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                    remove_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)                 set_user_flags(id, flags)                 isTop[id] = true             }             //Remove this
            return PLUGIN_HANDLED
        }         else         {             if(isTop[id])             {                 client_print_color(id, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You left the^x04 TOP%d^x03 and lost the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s left the^x04 TOP%d^x03 and lost the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 remove_user_flags(id, flags)                 set_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)                 isTop[id] = false             }         }     }

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-30-2018 at 16:10.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2018 , 18:17   Re: Top Flags [27/09/2018]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
You need to review the function in entirety when making a change. You should not be exiting the function within the loop based on a condition that affects 1 player, replace the return X with continue.

Code:
    for(new i; i < iNum; i++)     {         id = iPlayers[i]         if(get_user_flags(id) & iFlagsRestrictToCheck)
        return PLUGIN_HANDLED  <- replace with continue, and indent.
        //If you want to require the player to have ALL of the flags in the cvar, replace with the below.         //Your code will skip them if they have one or more of the flags and not require all. If this is how you want it then disregard.         if ( ( get_user_flags(id) & iFlagsRestrictToCheck ) == iFlagsRestrictToCheck )                 continue;         iRank = get_user_stats(id, stats, bodyhits)                 get_user_name(id, szName, charsmax(szName))                 if(iRank <= get_pcvar_num(VarRank))         {             if(!isTop[id])             {                 client_print_color(id, print_team_red, "^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You are on^x04 TOP%d^x03 and have won the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s is in^x04 TOP%d^x03 and won the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                    remove_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)                 set_user_flags(id, flags)                 isTop[id] = true             }             //Remove this
            return PLUGIN_HANDLED
        }         else         {             if(isTop[id])             {                 client_print_color(id, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: You left the^x04 TOP%d^x03 and lost the^x04 VIP flags.", get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 client_print_color(0, print_team_red,"^x04[TopFlags]^x03: %s left the^x04 TOP%d^x03 and lost the^x04 VIP flags.", szName, get_pcvar_num(VarRank))                 remove_user_flags(id, flags)                 set_user_flags(id, ADMIN_USER)                 isTop[id] = false             }         }     }

Thanks for all the notes Bugsy, I believe I have learned a lot from this, I guarantee that in my next "adventures" I will be better.

Quote: