Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-06-2013 , 14:13   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
maybe you're confusing with steambans ?
That was covered earlier, he also isn't banned by SteamBans.
Old 01-06-2013 , 18:43   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Well, particularly, anyone that can unban the "Web Ban" executed by the name of Mark. Let me link you the direct ban section:

There seems to be two:

http://attackspeed.com/sb/index.php?...6901013&Submit
http://lessthanzerogaming.org/bans/i...cus101&Submit=

I am slightly confused though, they seem to be separate websites...so I honestly have no idea how sourceban works. What I do know is, I have joined about 5 out of 16 games in coop and versus with a total of 2 only being successful, and thats not alot of games to play. The rest were blocked by sourcebans.
ok so you were banned on one for ignoring admins which could be nothing like a kid admin just power tripping so who cares? The other was for trying to crash the server..you could have chat spammed and that was the "Auto" selection they had so bam, that is the reason for that but again big deal - its two servers/groups.

Sourcebans is just an independent program/web based setup for groups to control their servers on one main system but its only setup by that group or user for those servers. This is in no way a global setup and no way for you to get unbanned without contacting each group or owner one by one and appeal it but let me warn you now that many just don't give a shit, certainly if they have a very popular server with many more players ready to fill the slot you were banned from so I would just forget it and move on.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2013 , 10:06   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #13

Yes, Sourcebans is an independently installed system, however, there are some communities out there that like to provide a "Global" ban functions (similar to steambans) and based it off of SourceBans.

Also, "Global" is the best terminology, as "Global" in this sense means across all servers that have this enacted. So "Global to the community" is still an accurate term.

As those two communities are both independently ran, you are best communicating with them. SourceBans claims no control over the actions of the administrators that make use of the system.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2013 , 17:03   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
Yes, Sourcebans is an independently installed system, however, there are some communities out there that like to provide a "Global" ban functions (similar to steambans) and based it off of SourceBans.

Also, "Global" is the best terminology, as "Global" in this sense means across all servers that have this enacted. So "Global to the community" is still an accurate term.

As those two communities are both independently ran, you are best communicating with them. SourceBans claims no control over the actions of the administrators that make use of the system.
Yeah, my only guess is that somewhere my SteamId is in a list of CFg files. I noticed SourceBans lets you download a Database of the list either by mysql or cfg file. Not sure if people just download that and add it to their list which ends up hurting me from finding a game. I guess i have to stick with friends.
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2013 , 17:21  
Reply With Quote #15

You can play on official valve servers.
Old 01-10-2013 , 23:37   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
You can play on official valve servers.
Yeah I know the trick to using mm_force_dedicated, but the sad part is I have to create the lobby and start the lobby. Which is sad sometimes. Thanks for the suggest.
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2013 , 07:19  
Reply With Quote #17

Just make sure that you are in a lobby that has 'official dedicated' for the server choice.
Old 01-11-2013 , 09:18   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Yeah, my only guess is that somewhere my SteamId is in a list of CFg files. I noticed SourceBans lets you download a Database of the list either by mysql or cfg file. Not sure if people just download that and add it to their list which ends up hurting me from finding a game. I guess i have to stick with friends.
There is no master ban list for everyone to download which bans a bunch of people.

Apparently you didn't read anything I posted on my post above otherwise this would be settled.
jsterling
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2013 , 20:51   Re: Is SourceBan Web Abandoned?
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Where is this "list" of bans? As it has been explained several times already I'll try a lengthy response. As a guy who has written several plugins we would hope that what we're saying would make sense...

Your problem is not related to sourcebans. Each person who downloads sourcebans and adds it to their server(s) maintains bans only on their specific servers. While it is possible that some communities may share their bans with others their is no automated way to do this available to the general public. In addition not every source server in the web is running sourcebans let alone sourcemod.

If you're not banned by valve and as stated earlier in this thread steambans then chances are that most of the servers you are trying to join are running SMAC which does have several plugins available to admins that do query global ban lists.

If you can't join a server that's not even running sourcemod then your problem goes beyond this forum. Search for valve hosted servers, most source games have them. You can search for valve in the server browser. If you can't join their servers then something else is going on.

Last edited by jsterling; 01-11-2013 at 20:53.
Send a message via AIM to jsterling