Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:16   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #301

Sometimes - not always - a map takes 40-50 seconds to load. It's not actually loading time, scrds.exe just doesn't respond during that time.
Ydiss
Old 07-04-2009 , 18:40   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Sometimes - not always - a map takes 40-50 seconds to load. It's not actually loading time, scrds.exe just doesn't respond during that time.
This would be the time Stripper parses the entity text file to perform its actions.

The thing is, it seems to do this even if no config file exists for a map, so it must be doing a lot of non necessary parsing?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 20:42   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydiss View Post
I think that's an oversight, didn't mean to release those changes - will fix it when I'm back home tomorrow - in the meantime, you can remove these changes from the config file if you want.

I did this for my server because I hate that first aid box, it seriously gives far too much health.
Did you tried to change cvar director_vs_convert_pills? To something like 0.2 or less mb.
Ydiss
Old 07-05-2009 , 05:16   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Did you tried to change cvar director_vs_convert_pills? To something like 0.2 or less mb.
That's a boolean command.

At any rate, I have pill density set low. But I've tested the cabinets and they don't have actual physical spawns inside them, they most likely run off their own logic - which is why that particular one can be so over-populated - even when my density is set to 3.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2009 , 05:50   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydiss View Post
This would be the time Stripper parses the entity text file to perform its actions.

The thing is, it seems to do this even if no config file exists for a map, so it must be doing a lot of non necessary parsing?

Nono, these 40-50 seconds are not parsing time, (which happens on every mapload and takes 10-20 seconds), the clients actually get a "Server Timeout" and those who havent set cl_timeout to 60 time out.
ChillyWI
Old 07-06-2009 , 15:53   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #306

@BAILOPAN...

I know you don't read this thread much, so I'll PM if people think my suggestion is a good idea. I'm using Ydiss' excellent configs for L4D, but would like to take it a step further. I think it'd be interesting to be able to randomize things a bit. I think this could be done by making a "randomize" section in the config.

Here's an example. It would just read each block from a randomize section and then randomly choose one of them to apply. This example is part of the configs for Death Toll 4. The first places two extra vehicles, the second two each place just one of the extra vehicles.

I know that Stripper already slows things on map changes, but I think this could be an excellent addition for many games. Being able to randomize parts of L4D levels would be REALLY slick and popular. If this isn't possible or would slow things down too much, I'll look at making a script that randomly changes the configs on the server every 15 minutes.

Thanks for such a great mod.

Code:
randomize{
  ;section A
  {
  {
  ;LOS Blocker
  "solid" "6"
  "origin" "-763 -1561 -55"
  "angles" "0 13 0"
  "model" "models/props_vehicles/army_truck.mdl"
  "classname" "prop_dynamic"
  }
  {
  ;LOS Blocker
  "solid" "6"
  "origin" "441 -1458 -50"
  "angles" "0 0 0"
  "model" "models/props_vehicles/bus01.mdl"
  }
  }

;section B
  {
  {
  ;LOS Blocker
  "solid" "6"
  "origin" "-763 -1561 -55"
  "angles" "0 13 0"
  "model" "models/props_vehicles/army_truck.mdl"
  }
  }

;section C
  {
  {
  ;LOS Blocker
  "solid" "6"
  "origin" "441 -1458 -50"
  "angles" "0 0 0"
  "model" "models/props_vehicles/bus01.mdl"
  }
  }
}
Knives.
Old 07-06-2009 , 23:59   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #307

Could somebody please explain how to install this to my server on Gameservers? I don't have any of these Program Files/Steamapps etc on my FTP when I connect. It's going to be for left 4 dead. All I have is the left4dead folder. If anybody could explain in fluent English where to put this I would really appreciate it.
Knives.
Old 07-07-2009 , 00:06   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #308

Also there is no globaconfig.cfg in either the stripper folder or my L4D folder so I really don't understand how to remove these invisible walls...
phoenixx
Old 07-07-2009 , 08:50   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #309

Hi guys can someone help me.

I need to remove as much map garbage from maps as possible but I want to keep big metal cans on dust2 and big metal file containers on office.

;"classname" "/prop_physics.*/" removes all of them
I tried manualy remove props but I could not remove anything
can someone explain me how to do that and where are all that props.

I have gcfscrape and i think that all props are in models/props_c17, debris, foliage dirs.

TNX!!
President Skroob
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-07-2009 , 16:35   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #310

Have you tried to do a stripper_dump while the map is loaded via the rcon?

That should list what props are loaded while the map is active. I tried doing what you did by using the wildcard approach but it didn't work either. I had to actually tell stripper what to remove and filter.

Maybe try that?

For instance, here is my stripper config for office (note I have it removing props_junk globally via the global_filters.cfg so I will include that one as well; the file cabinets -you said you want to keep the file cabinets- and the office chairs...). Maybe this will give you an idea how to approach this...

I am also including my stripper_dump for office with all the objects I have removed via stripper as well (note this is not a vanilla stripper_dump.)

Please note, that I have mine setup differently than you want yours. I am just providing as much of an example so I can receive some proper guidance from pro Stripper:Source users who actually know how to use it more efficiently (unlike me ) and to provide an example to those learning to use Stripper:Source

Also, tell me if I am sounding a bit pompous, I am not trying to be :\

/President Skroob
Attached Files
File Type: zip office_stripper_config_files.zip (14.5 KB, 235 views)
With a stop light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'slow down'. With a banana, however, it is quite the opposite. Yellow means 'go', green means 'whoa, slow down', and red means 'where the heck did you get that banana?'
- Mitch Hedberg