Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs

Post New Thread Reply   

Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2019 , 08:43   I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys, I am really fed up with the freaking CSGO mapcycle issues on my server.
It seems to be a bug in either sourcemod/CSGO itself, because it occurs with any map plugin that I've tried so far. I am still trying to figure what exactly could be causing it because it is really annoying.
Basically it happens on a random basis that the mapcycle will stop working, and neither the sandard mapcycle.txt file nor a plugin connected one (eg umc_mapcycle.txt) works.
Let's say the current map is dust2, the mapcycle.txt says the next one is de_inferno but the UMC plugin shows a vote which overrides the standard map. Let's say cache is chosen instead.
Okay so, most of the time cache will load after the game ends, but there are some cases in which the mapcycle gets STUCK and even tho the "nextmap" command returns de_cache as the following map, dust2 is loaded again instead.
It happens with both the default maps AND the workshop maps.
I have tried the regular map plugins, ultimate map choose (various versions, official and unofficial forks), map chooser extended.. I am really frustrated because there seems to be no way to fix this.
And it's a huge disadvantage for my server because when these issues occur, many players leave and sometimes I lose more than 50% of the players because of a single map change issue.
Please somebody help me find a solution for this.. I can provide anything that is needed to fix this.
Thanks in advance

ps I've already searched this forum and the web multiple times but I can't find anything specific. Just a bunch of people blaming sourcemod and other people saying it's just a CSGO bug (which I doubt).
Old 03-11-2019 , 13:38   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #2

Try this and let me know
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mapcrashfixer.sp - 247 views - 3.1 KB)
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2019 , 17:16   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Wesker View Post
Try this and let me know
Is this the same as your post here?
I see it's 1.0.7 while the post only mentions up to 1.0.6. Are you trying out a new version or something?
Because I am not referring to client crashes during map change. the server just fucks up itself and keeps setting the same map, completely ignoring what I set in the map plugins.
Please confirm so that I can know if I still have to try your solution here, thank you
Old 03-11-2019 , 18:18   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post
Is this the same as your post here?
I see it's 1.0.7 while the post only mentions up to 1.0.6. Are you trying out a new version or something?
Because I am not referring to client crashes during map change. the server just fucks up itself and keeps setting the same map, completely ignoring what I set in the map plugins.
Please confirm so that I can know if I still have to try your solution here, thank you
Yes it is edited to fix the issue you mentioned in this thread. If you are already using this plugin please replace it with my edited version.
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2019 , 12:36   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Yes it is edited to fix the issue you mentioned in this thread. If you are already using this plugin please replace it with my edited version.
It didn't work. I joined the server and nuke was on, I checked the nextmap that UMC had set, and it was de_tuscan.
Map change, and what happens? nuke loads again.
FML
Old 03-13-2019 , 14:23   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #6

Just to be clear, mp_match_end_restart is set to 0?
Old 03-13-2019 , 15:42   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post
It didn't work. I joined the server and nuke was on, I checked the nextmap that UMC had set, and it was de_tuscan.
Map change, and what happens? nuke loads again.
FML
Can you pastebin me your SM log file? (during the entire time you had my plugin enabled)
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2019 , 02:55   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Just to be clear, mp_match_end_restart is set to 0?
Yes sure. This issue happens randomly so yeah I guess so. I would check but my server is offline at the moment for maintenance and it could take a while for it to be back online.

Quote:
Can you pastebin me your SM log file? (during the entire time you had my plugin enabled)
I would but like I said above my server is dead atm. I will post it once I'm back online.
Old 10-05-2019 , 19:54   Re: I am SICK of the f.... mapcycle bugs
Reply With Quote #9

Hei! Same problem for me as @ObyDoby

I use mapchooser extended. I explain the problem; Now we play De_Train, next round vote has started and winner is de_nuke. At the end, when changing the map instead of being the De_Nuke, de_train is loaded again. This happens 4-5 times a day, otherwise the mapchooser extended works perfectly

PS: I use mapcrashfixer-v1.0.7
PS2: I tested with Default mapchooser + mapcrashfixer-v1.0.7 and same problem.
PS3: mp_match_end_restart is 0.

Only happens ~2-3-4 times per day.

How can we solve this problem?
Send a message via Yahoo to Razvann.