Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-12-2013 , 12:30   Re: [v0.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #31

Hmm, odd. I tested it on my test machine and it retains the configuration. Can both of you e-mail me and I'll have you try a few things to get this taken care of? Go here and we'll discuss over e-mail. Thanks!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
ntp
Old 05-14-2013 , 04:18   Re: [v0.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #32

the latest version retains the config. i was using 0.4.

hoping that its updated to steamcmd now :>
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2013 , 04:21   Re: [v0.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #33

No SteamCMD support yet, but it's high on the list. When the full version comes out it will include support for it. Hopefully one of the betas will have it.

0.6 beta is released now.

Thank you!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2013 , 21:49   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #34

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE.

0.7 beta is now available.

Some of the feature additions:
-SteamCMD support with update tool choice per server
-Support for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
-Support for Day of Defeat: Source
-'Create Server' feature - allows you to create a server from scratch

Check your e-mail, or head over to the mailing list to get the latest version.

Thank you!

Viper Snake
Old 06-03-2013 , 17:24   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #35

Even with the second version of 0.7 the settings don't save and my entire server directory still gets deleted if I try to update.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 17:33   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #36

Can you e-mail me with what game you're using, and the full path of srcds.exe?

http://ashersoftware.com/contact/

Thank you,

Dyl0n
Old 06-03-2013 , 18:29   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #37

Entire server just got deleted when it automatically **tried** to update. I've used SteamCMD before.. figured it would be ok.. but guess not!

Don't use the auto update part until this gets sorted out people!

Now to figure out who recently donated and get all of my plugins back!!! WOOT! Thank jeebus I have a backup on another hard drive.

C:/tf2/tf was my install dir.

I sent something to this too http://ashersoftware.com/contact/

Last edited by Dyl0n; 06-03-2013 at 18:30.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 18:38   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #38

Hmm... I responded to your e-mail. I will look in to a way of stopping SteamCMD from overwriting the directory. I'm disabling the download for now.

Has anyone found a reason why SteamCMD does this sometimes but not all the time?

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-03-2013 , 20:07   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
Hmm... I responded to your e-mail. I will look in to a way of stopping SteamCMD from overwriting the directory. I'm disabling the download for now.

Has anyone found a reason why SteamCMD does this sometimes but not all the time?
I've never seen, nor seen any reports of, SteamCMD deleting the install directory, so it's probably how you are calling it.

Last edited by asherkin; 06-03-2013 at 20:07.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-04-2013 , 00:02   Re: [v0.7] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I've never seen, nor seen any reports of, SteamCMD deleting the install directory, so it's probably how you are calling it.
No, there is no function in seDirector that deletes the folder. Explanation to follow...