0% 

[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

Merudo
Old 02-03-2016 , 08:56   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Extra bot only spawns when someone joins the game or when the map reloads. Plugin does not have the functionality to instantly spawn extra bots.
While using your version, using the !createplayer command will spawn a survivor bot. So the plugin does in fact have the ability to instantly spawn extra bots .

For those using the original plugin posted on post #1, I changed the plugin to allow the admin command "!spawn_bots" to instantly spawn extra bots to fill up the survivor team.

The command won't do anything if the team is full. Admin needs to have the ADMFLAG_CONVARS ("h") flag.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_superversus.sp - 399 views - 20.5 KB)

Last edited by Merudo; 02-11-2016 at 16:12.
Merudo
Old 02-11-2016 , 14:16   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Here is the version I have, this is a bit different than the original version:

New Commands:
!changeteam - Opens Team Panel with Selecton (Alt)
!teams - Opens Team Panel with Selecton
!join - Join Survivor Team (If N/A, Spawn New Player)
!infected - Join Infected Team
!survivor - Join Survivor Team (If Bot Available)
!spectate - Join Spectator Team
!afk - Join Spectator Team (Alt)

New Features:
Survivor Mass Fix - Fixed Extra Bot Spawns on round start.
Infected Versus - Auto Infected on Versus just like Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D Only)
Tank HP Fix - Correctly Apply Tank HP on Survivor Count.
Extra Med-kits - Adds extra med-kits over the original four medkits available.
On Spot Join - Allow players to join the game on the spot.

Bug Fixes & Updates
Extra Bots Spawn - No more extra bots spawn higher than specified variable.
Team Panel - Provides details of teams for status: GHOST, DEAD, DOWN, BLWH, and Health.

Quote:
Updated!!
  • Replaced depreciated GetClientAuthString native with GetClientAuthId.
  • Added instant player spawn via !join command.
  • Moved newly spawned player to other survivors.
  • Removed depreciated FCVAR values.
Place smx file in Plugins folder, and txt file in GameData folder.
Hi Spirit! I like this version, but are there any reason why the l4d_supertank, l4d_XtraHP, and l4d_tank_hpmulti cvar have been removed?

Also, I found a strange bug: during the cutscene of c1m1_hotel, Coach will be levitating 6 feet above the ground! Thankfully, this only effects the cutscene, and it only seems to do it once per game.

Moreover, all bots start with a medpack. In the original, this feature could be disabled with l4d_XtraHP. Why was this feature disabled??

Note: all plugins except superversus were disabled while taking that screenshot

Last edited by Merudo; 02-12-2016 at 01:35.
Merudo
Old 02-11-2016 , 18:56   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1043

New Version of Superversus! 1.7.3

Based on Spririt_12's work, which is based on Marcus101RR, which itself is based on DDR_Khat.

Bugs fixed:
- Readded support for l4d_XtraHP (enable/disable bonus medkits) and l4d_tank_hpmulti (Tank HP multiplier) cvars, which were inexplicably removed
- Fixed "The Infected Team is not available in coop" error message when playing Versus.
- Removed strange bug/exploit where some people would get renamed to "Player".

Cvars:

- l4d_survivor_limit: Maximum amount of survivors. Default 4
- l4d_infected_limit: Maximum amount of infected. Default 4
- l4d_killreservation: Should we clear Lobby reservaton? (For use with Left4DownTown extension ONLY). Default 1
- director_auto_difficulty: Chooses difficulty based on the number of players on Survivor Team. Default 1
- director_survivalist_difficulty: Nightmare mode (constant infected, mobs, and specials). Default 0
- director_allow_super_boomer: Boomers have a 50% chance to gain 10x hp. Default 0
- l4d_XtraHP: Give extra survivors HP packs? (1 for extra medpacks). Default 0
- l4d_tank_hpmulti: Tanks HP Multiplier (multi*(survivors-4)). Only active if director_auto_difficulty is 1. Default .25

Commands:

- sm_join: Join the game
- sm_infected: Join infecteds (non-coop only, unless admin with cheat mode flag)
- sm_survivor: Join survivors
- sm_teams: Show teammenu
- sm_changeteam: Show teammenu
- sm_spectate: Become spectator
- sm_afk: Become spectator
- sm_createplayer: Create a survivor bot, if empty slot available

director_auto_difficulty:

For each survivor beyond the traditional limit of 4, the harder the game the game will be for the survivors. There will be more zombies, special infecteds will respawn faster, etc. Tanks will also have more HPs (dependent on hpMulti). Set to 0 if you want to disable direct_auto_difficulty!

New versions

Previous versions
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_superversus.sp - 420 views - 35.4 KB)

Last edited by Merudo; 02-18-2016 at 16:14.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2016 , 07:08   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1044

It seems like SuperVersus has became really bloated. There are a lot of things that should be parted from it and made into different plugins. I liked Jess's approach with her BotController framework.

For performance and better efficiency, we need to split this plugin.
Old 02-12-2016 , 09:14   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1045

Quote:
It seems like SuperVersus has became really bloated. There are a lot of things that should be parted from it and made into different plugins. I liked Jess's approach with her BotController framework.

For performance and better efficiency, we need to split this plugin.
I'm not sure we should take the BotController framework as a model. The project got canceled because of untraceable bugs. Moreover the project is actually more bloated than SuperVersus (code length, .smx size, # of ConVars, etc. all higher for BotController than SuperVersus)

As I see it, SuperVersus has only a few features not directly related to adding extra players:
  1. Support for joining either team, which is important as the usual method doesn't work after there are more than 4 players per team
  2. Option to give extra medkits when there are more survivors, disabled by l4d_XtraHP
  3. Option to have a higher difficulty when there are more survivors, disabled by setting the relevant ConVar to 0

These features are quite useful and may be easily disabled. I'm not sure they are bloat, and I doubt stripping the code of them would improve performance.

Last edited by Merudo; 02-12-2016 at 09:32.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2016 , 09:36   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1046

I didn't mean to strip code from project. I mean to strip code and build it into small different plugins. Like an umbrella and sub plugins.
Old 02-12-2016 , 11:36   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1047

Superversus has been perfected pretty much since Marcus version and the newer ones here recently.

Bebop is more suited for join and exit, on the fly purposes but its never been perfected in my opinion.

So many angles coders simply don't or can't or could be bothered to account for.

Last edited by Sev; 02-12-2016 at 11:37.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2016 , 02:43   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1048

SuperVersus by Marcus had the same glitch of spawning more than survivors in second round. That's why I stopped using it and went back to the old version. Of course I have added my own tweaks to the code to make it more efficient.

Guess, I'll keep it a private project for myself then.
Old 02-13-2016 , 12:06   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1049

Quote:
SuperVersus by Marcus had the same glitch of spawning more than survivors in second round. That's why I stopped using it and went back to the old version.
Are you saying that on the second mission of a campaign, SuperVersus spawns more survivors than it should?

Never heard of that bug before. I completed whole campaigns without any such problem.

If you give us more details, maybe we can reproduce the bug.

Last edited by Merudo; 02-13-2016 at 12:06.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2016 , 12:40   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1050

I used the plugin, and if I recall correctly then anytime the second team went with each team being 4+ players. It would spawn a ton of bots. Seemed like it wasn't considering the lock on the second team.