Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch

Post New Thread Reply   

Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 18:59   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #31

You should listen to my advice which is literally how valve patches these exploits in other games instead of trying to come up with shitty workarounds...
Old 01-06-2021 , 05:58   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
So far I haven't had any false detections that I know of, but it has missed a couple where the survivor was teleported by the jockey, but wasn't actually teleported out of the world, so in those instances it didn't trigger the plugin to teleport them back.

I will look into adding some kind of logging.

EDIT:

Also, was wondering if you have had any jockey teleports since you disabled those plugins? (jockey deadstop, l4d2_getup_slide_fix, bunny hop blocker, pumeled survivor fix)
Yes one and i had still had bunny hop blocker and pummeled survivor fix disabled so i doubt that these plugins are doing anything in the end, this simply looks like babies who decide to ragehack to me. Jockey deadstop fix and getup slide fix don't seem to interact with the jockey in a way it could cause that after looking at the code.

Also you are right there are some maps where the survivor will not get teleported outside the map, the parish map 1 for example and there are a couple of others. I think they are always teleported on the same spot so maybe there is a way to detect it with the exact position ?

By the way it could be more reasonnable to print to admin only beside "PrintToChatAll" as we are not sure if this is the jockey or the survivor who used it. Also if possible to writed the date and hour in the log it will be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
You should listen to my advice which is literally how valve patches these exploits in other games instead of trying to come up with shitty workarounds...
I mean maybe you are right, why not do it yourself if this is so easy to code? Or Valve could do it

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 01-06-2021 at 08:42.
ProjectSky
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2021 , 07:34   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #33

It may be safer to check the moving distance, I'm not sure

PHP Code:
public Action JockeyRideCheck_Timer(Handle timerany victim)
{
    static 
float newVictimPos[3];
    static 
bool isOutsideWorld;

if (
IsClientInGame(victim) && GetClientTeam(victim) == && IsPlayerAlive(victim))
    {

GetClientAbsOrigin(victimnewVictimPos);

isOutsideWorld TR_PointOutsideWorld(newVictimPos);

float distance GetVectorDistance(newVictimPosg_fVictimPrevPos);

// distance value may need to be adjusted, I'm not sure

if (isOutsideWorld || distance >= 500)
        {

TeleportToPrevPos(victim);

CPrintToChatAll("[{green}!{default}] {olive}Jockey {default}teleported {green}survivor{default}. Moving {green}survivor {default}back to previous position.");

LogAction(-1, -1"[Jockey UnTeleport] Player %N Jockey teleported, distance: %.1f(%s)"victimdistanceisOutsideWorld "OutsideWorld" "InsideWorld");
        }
    }
    return 
Plugin_Continue;

JLmelenchon
Old 01-08-2021 , 11:03   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #34

By the way it teleport back the survivor to his position but does it with the jockey too if he is not riding survivor anymore ? Or he is going to stay stuck under the map ?

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 01-08-2021 at 11:07.
JLmelenchon
Old 01-13-2021 , 16:57   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #35

Yep it is clearly a cheat. The jockey is absolutely not necessary to teleport outside the map from what i see, you just need to be on the ground:
https://youtu.be/kzt0W5uHOuo?t=60

I'm going to step aside a little from the subject but there are also other similar cheats running since a very long time now:
https://youtu.be/lIK2xhCE-qQ

They can also spawn very close from survivor when they should not and probably others thing that i ignore.

Also the problem of the jockey exploit is that it is not always easy to say who cheated if the player do not have previous bans or a freshly created account.

Valve need to fix this ****.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 01-13-2021 at 17:00.
larrybrains
Old 01-15-2021 , 00:10   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Yep it is clearly a cheat. The jockey is absolutely not necessary to teleport outside the map from what i see, you just need to be on the ground:
I am pretty certain that this issue, or at least the issue that I am experiencing on my server, is not an exploit or a cheat, as I was able to reproduce it using a bot jockey on a bot survivor a couple different times.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2021 , 00:49   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #37

If they teleport to the 0,0,0 position (unconfirmed) some maps can give a false positive if you check for "out of the world".
c7m3_port is an example. 0,0,0 in this map locates at the middle of the map, near the middle generator.
Old 01-15-2021 , 14:06   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #38

I don't know how you were able to reproduce it with bots... But how can you differenciate if this is a bug or a cheater ? Except if it is only bots i guess.

Because if this is what is happening on your server as you can see it is part of a cheat software : https://youtu.be/lIK2xhCE-qQ?t=395

They basically have a binded key to teleport the survivor, that is the reason why it happens instantly and they can pretend it is a bug map or that they don't understand what happened.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 01-15-2021 at 14:11.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2021 , 14:33   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #39

I teleported to the 0,0,0 in c8m4_interiors and goes exactly to this point.
Old 02-23-2021 , 23:49   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
If they teleport to the 0,0,0 position (unconfirmed) some maps can give a false positive if you check for "out of the world".
c7m3_port is an example. 0,0,0 in this map locates at the middle of the map, near the middle generator.
I can confirm that the position that players are being teleported to is 0,0,0

Just had it happen on Dark Carnival Map 2. I teleported a survivor while playing as Jockey exactly to 0,0,0 on that map, which is inside of a wall on the right side of the ramp leading into Kiddieland.

I am working on a version of the plugin that detects a teleport to 0,0,0 and has CVARS for turning off the plugin on maps that have the origin inside the map, such as c7m3_port.