Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?

Post New Thread Reply   

Slaven555
Old 01-25-2023 , 11:10   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #171

And how long the lightning will deal damage in the water. My team does not know what to do and how to proceed. Thank you for this event, I have been waiting for someone to do it for a long time.
TypicalType
Old 01-25-2023 , 15:17   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaven555 View Post
And how long the lightning will deal damage in the water. My team does not know what to do and how to proceed. Thank you for this event, I have been waiting for someone to do it for a long time.
The electricification will stay on forever, if it's too hard you can always reduce the damage by searching "trigger_hurt" on the CFG file.

Last edited by TypicalType; 01-25-2023 at 15:18.
Slaven555
Old 01-25-2023 , 15:31   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalType View Post
The electricification will stay on forever, if it's too hard you can always reduce the damage by searching "trigger_hurt" on the CFG file.
And if you add that the damage from electricity is turned off after a while? But the electricity continues to work.

Last edited by Slaven555; 01-25-2023 at 15:34.
TypicalType
Old 01-26-2023 , 11:35   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaven555 View Post
And if you add that the damage from electricity is turned off after a while? But the electricity continues to work.
That's not what i meant, i just told that you can reduce the trigger_hurt's damage but not disable it.
Slaven555
Old 01-26-2023 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalType View Post
That's not what i meant, i just told that you can reduce the trigger_hurt's damage but not disable it.
Thanks, I've already set everything up
LN5005
Old 02-05-2023 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #176

env_physics_blocker doesn't seem to work, so I tried using prop_dynamic to create an invisible wall to block the coke thrown by the player.
All in all, it seems to work pretty well.

Converting prop_dynamic to an invisible wall makes it easy and intuitive to create invisible walls.
Simply add ["rendermode" "10"] to the code section to convert prop_dynamic to an invisible wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54kGW-gGc8

Differences (advantages) from env_player_blocker:

1) what you see is what you get, entities are visible and easily adjustable before rendermode is applied.
2) the angle can be adjusted.
3) Survivors do not feel the same lag when blocked by prop_dynamic as when blocked by env_player_blocker.

Unfortunately, unlike the blood-brain barrier, this invisible wall is not selective, so all units (including gas cans, survivors, commons and special infecteds) will be blocked.

Do not place this kind of invisible wall in the path of the navmesh, this will cause the bot to get stuck in the invisible wall (without the corresponding navmesh the bot will not recognise the presence of the prop_dynamic).

If you have to place or use such an invisible wall on the navmesh, cut the corresponding navmesh or put a func_nav_blocker at its feet to prevent the bots from passing through this area (it needs MapOnSpawn "AddOutput mins/maxs/solid" and MapOnSpawn BlockNav).

On the other hand, to avoid the number of entities approaching or exceeding the limit allowed by the engine, use env_player_blocker or other similar entities to block off large areas rather than creating a huge amount of prop_dynamic; the latter will cause the map to fail to load.

Last edited by LN5005; 02-05-2023 at 19:14.
AsphyxiaJLSA
Old 02-05-2023 , 19:44   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN5005 View Post
env_physics_blocker doesn't seem to work, so I tried using prop_dynamic to create an invisible wall to block the coke thrown by the player.
All in all, it seems to work pretty well.

Converting prop_dynamic to an invisible wall makes it easy and intuitive to create invisible walls.
Simply add ["rendermode" "10"] to the code section to convert prop_dynamic to an invisible wall.
Maybe you are placing it wrong when adding an invisible wall, I leave you an example of how to place it, since I use it in the events that I did and it works perfectly for me, it is rare to see that env_physics_blocker does not work

PHP Code:
{

"origin" "3134.354004 5245.109863 1668.031250"
    "angles" "0 0.000001 0" 
    "mins" "-300.000000 -300.000000 -320.000000"
    "maxs" "300.000000 300.000000 320.000000"
    "boxmins" "-300.000000 -300.000000 -320.000000"
    "boxmaxs" "300.000000 300.000000 320.000000"
    "initialstate" "1"
    "BlockType" "1"
    "classname" "env_physics_blocker"

Remember to use this to create the size of the invisible wall to place and replace the coordinates in origin

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2018035

DISCORD: Asphyxia#9797

Sorry for my bad English
LN5005
Old 02-05-2023 , 20:50   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxiaJLSA View Post
Maybe you are placing it wrong when adding an invisible wall, I leave you an example of how to place it, since I use it in the events that I did and it works perfectly for me, it is rare to see that env_physics_blocker does not work
After replacing mins and maxs with boxmins and boxmaxs, env_physics_blocker works.

Strangely, env_physics_blocker does not recognize the mins and maxs parameters, but env_player_blocker does.
It looks like there is something wrong in the code of Sky.

Quote:
Remember to use this to create the size of the invisible wall to place and replace the coordinates in origin

Nice.
LN5005
Old 02-06-2023 , 19:23   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #179

Well, I found that the cars I placed before wouldn't get tank-punched; the tank stupidly tried to climb them instead of trying to knock the vehicles away like in c5m5.

This is probably a common mistake made by some Stripper:Source beginners (if they learn how to use Stripper:Source in any other way than through Hammer, like i did), so I thought I'd say here:
DO NOT use prop_dynamic as the classname of any car on the road.

Tank does not punch vehicles with prop_dynamic classname, but tries to climb them, this is not the same as what you see in c5m5.
Just an FYI for those who don't know the difference between prop_dynamic and prop_physics.

Apparently earlier I made a mistake related to this and I had to take the time to change the classname of the relevant vehicles to prop_physics.
* If the model does not support prop_physics as its classname (using that classname causes entities to disappear), then prop_physics_override can be used.

Here's a video comparing prop_dynamic and prop_physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI0b4nw00Pg

It is worth noting that entities that are prop_dynamic are also not propelled by explosions, which may cause some events based on the explosion mechanism to not work as expected.
For example, a fence (or wall) entity that is expected to be propelled by an explosion may not be propelled by the explosion because it is of type prop_dynamic, which may cause such events to not work properly.

Also, I've noticed that Valve never uses prop_physics as the classname for medium and large vehicles.

While the bots can automatically climb small entities, they may not have the ability to directly climb medium and large entities (although commons and tanks may have the ability to directly climb medium entities), which means that using prop_physics for larger entities can cause navigation issues.

This is probably why Valve has never used prop_physics as the classname for medium and large vehicles; tank has never punched any vans or ambulances to my recollection, although I have seen a van using prop_physics in one of the community maps

Since prop_physics moves and rotates for a variety of reasons (including but not limited to tank, explosions from events or boomer, and player pushing), configuring the appropriate navigation mesh for it so that the bots can climb, bypass, or identify the corresponding medium to large entities may not be possible because:

1) the navigation mesh is a square structure, which does not apply to rotating physical objects (I don't know how to rotate a navigation mesh, nor have I seen one that has been rotated).
2) Valve has not configured the corresponding navmesh for prop_physics, nor does L4D2 have any mechanism to dynamically generate the corresponding navmesh, and I did not find any navmesh-related squares on the roofs of those small cars.
3) the navmesh is stored as a separate file in the /left 4 dead 2/maps/ folder and I don't think Stripper:Source can modify it.
4) the navmesh for c5m4's float (parade) is a floating static square, and Valve controls its availability (enabling or disabling it) via func_nav_blocker; some static navigation meshes may be mistaken for dynamic ones.

Anyway, if trying to put some small vehicles (e.g. small cars) on the road, it is better to use prop_physics rather than prop_dynamic to allow the tank to punch these vehicles and make them work like c5m5.

* Using prop_physics on small entities shouldn't cause navigation problems (I think the player getting crushed under a car is another matter) as the AI has a mechanism to automatically climb such entities.

If you are trying to put some medium-sized vehicles (like ambulances and vans) or large vehicles on the road, then it is best to use prop_dynamic and configure the navigation mesh for them accordingly.
Doing so will make the tank try to climb these objects rather than push them with its own fists, but this is better than the bots getting stuck on these entities.

Last edited by LN5005; 02-06-2023 at 20:29.
LN5005
Old 02-11-2023 , 19:23   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #180

Quote:

PHP Code:
{

"origin" "3134.354004 5245.109863 1668.031250"
    "angles" "0 0.000001 0" 
    "mins" "-300.000000 -300.000000 -320.000000"
    "maxs" "300.000000 300.000000 320.000000"
    "boxmins" "-300.000000 -300.000000 -320.000000"
    "boxmaxs" "300.000000 300.000000 320.000000"
    "initialstate" "1"
    "BlockType" "1"

Oddly enough, env_physics_blocker does not allow angles to have a value of 0 0 0. Assigning this value to this entity's property angles will result in the entity not working.

For example:
PHP Code:
{

"origin" "1858.896606 5608.968750 2975.655029"
    "angles" "0 0 0" 
    "boxmins" "-1 -900 -125"
    "boxmaxs" "1 3 150"
    "initialstate" "1"
    "BlockType" "1"

The property angles can be assigned a 360 as its value to make it work without rotation.

For example:

PHP Code:
    "angles" "0 360 0"