Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[CS:GO] Weapons, Sound and Damage (Molotov) Fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-09-2012 , 22:04   [CS:GO] Weapons, Sound and Damage (Molotov) Fixes
Reply With Quote #1

This latest build (Z:R 3.1 v5) contains fixes for knockback which you will need to adjust your zombie class knockback settings (playerclasses.txt) and/or weapon knockback settings (weapons.txt) to work out the best knockback for your server.

I've included the changed source files if anyone wants to recompile with any of their own changes.

Instructions:
1. Starting a new server from scratch:
  • Make sure you are using a recommended SourceMod build: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Required...28SourceMod%29 (if you want to use snapshots, use stable branch builds only.
  • Install the main Z:R 3.1 files from here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=205567
  • Install the CS:GO Movement Fixer plugin from here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=255298
  • There are two zip files, one just contains sounds in the correct path, so drop that into the .../csgo/ directory on your gameserver/FastDL server.
  • The second folder contains the new zombie reloaded plugin, translations file and necessary configs to get everything to work, plus the source code. Drop this into your .../csgo/addons/sourcemod/ folder, overwriting any files from the main Z:R 3.1 installation.
  • IMPORTANT: Upload some CS:GO compatible models from this thread (or wherever, as long as they're CS:GO compatible) and update your models.txt, playerclasses.txt and downloads.txt with these new files. This is an essential skill for Z:R server administration so you should learn how to do it, it's quite easy if you look at the existing config files.
  • After uploading all the necessary files to your server and download server, change the configuration files to your liking and reboot your server or change maps.

If you use your old playerclasses.txt file, Z:R will not validate any of your classes that are missing the new immunity fields and will crash!
If you use old models supplied with the CS:S version of this plugin (i.e. the original ones), your server will crash!

2. Add these new cvars to your zombiereloaded.cfg:

Under the "Ammo Reserve Settings" section:

ammo_357sig_small_max 800 //New USP
ammo_556mm_small_max 800 //New M4
ammo_357sig_min_max 800 //New CZ75a
ammo_357sig_p250_max 800 //New P250/P2000 ammo changes

Under the "Damage (core)" section:

//Block fire damage inflicted on self or teammates
// Default: "1"
zr_damage_block_fire "1"

//CS: GO only: Applies an upwards boost if necessary as a workaround for low knock
//Default: "1"
zr_classes_csgo_knockback_boost "[0 or 1]"

I would recommend setting the above knockback boost cvar to 0 after this update (07/29/2014) as it is no longer necessary and will be removed in a future update.

Changelog:
  • UPDATE 07/29/2014 added collaborative Knockback fixes, use CSGO Fixes [ZR3.1]v4.zip!
  • UPDATE 01/19/2013 Added Z:R 3.1 changes, use CSGO Fixes [ZR3.1 v2].zip!
  • Removed "Can't create weapon weapon_usp in GiveNamedItem!" console spam
  • Fixed rounds not ending correctly when the map timer finished
  • Fixed sound paths for ambient and zombie sounds
  • Added new CS:GO weapons to zmarket and removed CS:S weapons
  • Changed zmarket to include new slots for 3 types of grenades (Normal grenades, fire grenades and decoys) This allows purchasing of more than one type of grenade and the ability to autorebuy a HE nade, fire nade (molotov or incendiary) and a decoy.
  • Added damage block for fire. Humans take fire damage only from the map, and not from other humans (regardless of team), zombies take fire damage from all sources.

Upcoming Changes:
  • Merged Z:R sounds with https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237045 for proper audio compatibility (won't need to use music folder anymore, default sound paths are fine)
  • Tweaked zmarket/weapons settings to make Z:R compatible with store/knife plugins (zombies aren't stuck with a taser for example and knife giving isn't blocked)
  • And more ;)
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSGO Zombie Sounds.zip (3.10 MB, 5979 views)
File Type: zip CSGO Fixes [ZR3.1] v5.zip (219.9 KB, 4619 views)

Last edited by Jargon; 02-23-2015 at 15:33. Reason: New stuff!
Prechan
Old 11-10-2012 , 14:31   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #2

Nice ! I was looking for a zmarket fix !

But it misses the Zeus restriction, is this normal?

Code:
"Zeus"
	{
		// General

"weaponentity"		"weapon_taser"
		"weapontype"		"All, Projectile"
		"weaponslot"		"2"

// Restrict (core)

"restrictdefault"	"yes"
		"toggleable"		"no"

// Knockback (module)

"knockback"		"10.0"
        }
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-10-2012 , 15:21   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #3

I just have the Zeus turned off using a server cvar:

Cvar: mp_weapons_allow_zeus - Determines whether the Zeus is purchasable or not.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-18-2012 , 04:19   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #4

I take it this is going pretty well then? I've only noticed one boo-boo so far in the weapons.txt:

Code:
	"Bizon"
	{
		// General

"weaponentity"		"weapon_bizon"
		"weapontype"		"All, SMG"
		"weaponslot"		"2"
Should be:

Code:
	"Bizon"
	{
		// General

"weaponentity"		"weapon_bizon"
		"weapontype"		"All, SMG"
		"weaponslot"		"0"
naldecon
Old 11-20-2012 , 16:17   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #5

I still have yet to try these fixes. Is it stable and how will this affect future updates for zombie reloaded?

Does it also fix this error?
Player attempted to buy weapon entity "weapon_incgrenade" marked as a projectile. Check your weapon config.

Last edited by naldecon; 11-20-2012 at 16:20.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-20-2012 , 17:40   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #6

That's exactly what it fixes. I've had no issues on my server for the last few weeks, players are happy that all new grenades are now available to auto-buy, in addition to all of the previous fixes.

For future updates Richard can incorporate them into the code-base, you can recompile yourself using the provided source-files, or when I update it myself I'll update this thread.

Edit: Updated the first zip file, I accidentally re-added the old translation file when I fixed the weapons.txt. If you've already added it to your server, reupload weapons.txt and the zombiereloaded.phrases.txt for the v2 zip and all will be good again

Last edited by Jargon; 11-20-2012 at 19:59.
naldecon
Old 11-21-2012 , 13:09   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #7

Jargon, thank you very much for your help and this fix. I have not seen any grenade error since I installed it. Good job!
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2012 , 17:05   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #8

After installing your fix the zombies started jump everytime that got damage. How do I disable this?
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-26-2012 , 17:34   Re: Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
After installing your fix the zombies started jump everytime that got damage. How do I disable this?
That's the knock back fix for CS:GO that was introduced a few patches ago. I'll look for the Cvar to disable it and let you know.

EDIT: Here you go
Code:
 Log message

Added knock back boost workaround for CS: GO, with cvar to disable it:
zr_classes_csgo_knockback_boost. Side effects: Weaker and flying zombies, can be
compensated with lower knock back.

Last edited by Jargon; 11-26-2012 at 17:43.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2012 , 19:58   Re: [CS:GO] Weapons and Sound Fixes
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
That's the knock back fix for CS:GO that was introduced a few patches ago. I'll look for the Cvar to disable it and let you know.

EDIT: Here you go
Code:
 Log message

Added knock back boost workaround for CS: GO, with cvar to disable it:
zr_classes_csgo_knockback_boost. Side effects: Weaker and flying zombies, can be
compensated with lower knock back.
I didn't find this cvar in my zombiereloaded.cfg, so I just added and worked like a charm.

Thank you so much Jargon.