1% 

News: Info for developers

Post New Thread Reply   

rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2009 , 23:34   News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #1

New develop environment for Zombie:Reloaded
We're cleaning up or repository and making a little develop environment. It will mostly be stand-alone, but it also requires a few tools to be installed.

There are defines that can be disabled so the plugin will compile during the migration. For the moment that define is "ADD_VERSION_INFO" in zombiereloaded.sp (explained in the code).

Script for dumping version info
Because of people compiling from unreleased snapshots, I've made a new feature in ZR for dumping detailed version info. There's also a new public cvar that we will use to track spesific snapshots on servers around the world. The command is "zr_version" and should give nice output like this:

Code:
Zombie:Reloaded
Copyright (C) 2009  Greyscale, Richard Helgeby

Version:            3.0.0-b2-dev
Development branch: zr-3.0.0-b2
Revision:           442:175f7f533960
License:            GNU GPL, Version 3
Compile date:       Sun Aug 23 06:26:58 CEST 2009
The new public cvar is "zombiereloaded_revision" and should in this case be "442:175f7f533960".

To get this info we have a script that dump various stuff in a new file (hgversion.h.inc) and makes some defines that's included when compiling.

Since we develop on both windows and linux, we had to make scripts for both platforms. Windows batch scripts is a hell to me, but a friend came up with a idea using cygwin so I could run the linux shell script on windows. The new environment has a mini-cygwin bundled with just the tools we need, and it's working great.

Before compiling the plugin, the script must be executed so it will generate the include file for us. There are scripts for windows and linux that will take care of this. Use compile.bat on windows or make in linux, they should take care of everything.

In the release packages the source is included and ready to be compiled. It's marked as a unofficial build so we can track what builds that's ours and not.

Resources
I have automated builds for the latest revision. Note that snapshots on the dev-branch may not be working.

How to submit patches to us
2010.09.23 - Documents for zr-dev
Here I'll put some documents to help understanding the new plugin architecture we're working on.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 09-22-2010 at 23:20.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2009 , 19:33   Re: News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #2

Update: All resources, scripts and tools are moved in tho the main repository. Use compile.bat on windows, or the makefile on linux when compiling.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Kismacu
Old 08-29-2009 , 12:21   Re: News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #3

When it is possible to download it the zr-3.0.0-b2?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2009 , 13:43   Re: News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #4

If you're talking about a release date, I don't know yet. Otherwise there's a link to source code repositories in the beta 1 release post.

rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2010 , 23:28   Re: News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #5

Update: Added link to place for docs with conceptual architecture and design notes. These might help developers understand how the plugin works and the purpose of each module. I'll try not to go into technical details and just try to explain how different parts of the plugin cooperate.

At the moment there's only a short draft of the base template concept. I plan to add documents for our new ZR modules.

There's also a clean working repository where a few new modules are designed and tested; zr-dev-base. Modules in this repository will be implemented in zr-dev when they're ready.

The reason I post the zr-dev-base link is that those who are interested can have a look at drafts or complete versions of the new modules to get an idea on how the new ZR will be constructed. Usually only Greyscale work in that repository, while I design my new stuff in zr-dev.

Natasha
Old 07-17-2023 , 23:17   Re: News: Info for developers
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
New develop environment for Zombie:Reloaded
We're cleaning up or repository and making a little develop environment. It will mostly be stand-alone, but it also requires a few tools to be installed.

There are defines that can be disabled so the plugin will compile during the migration. For the moment that define is "ADD_VERSION_INFO" in zombiereloaded.sp (explained in the code).

Script for dumping version info
Because of people compiling from unreleased snapshots, I've made a new feature in ZR for dumping detailed version info. There's also a new public cvar that we will use to track spesific snapshots on servers around the world. The command is "zr_version" and should give nice output like this:

Code:
Zombie:Reloaded
Copyright (C) 2009  Greyscale, Richard Helgeby

Version:            3.0.0-b2-dev
Development branch: zr-3.0.0-b2
Revision:           442:175f7f533960
License:            GNU GPL, Version 3
Compile date:       Sun Aug 23 06:26:58 CEST 2009
The new public cvar is "zombiereloaded_revision" and should in this case be "442:175f7f533960".

To get this info we have a script that dump various stuff in a new file (hgversion.h.inc) and makes some defines that's included when compiling.

Since we develop on both windows and linux, we had to make scripts for both platforms. Windows batch scripts is a hell to me, but a friend came up with a idea using cygwin so I could run the linux shell script on windows. The new environment has a mini-cygwin bundled with just the tools we need, and it's working great.

Before compiling the plugin, the script must be executed so it will generate the include file for us. There are scripts for windows and linux that will take care of this. Use compile.bat on windows or make in linux, they should take care of everything.

In the release packages the source is included and ready to be compiled. It's marked as a unofficial build so we can track what builds that's ours and not.

Resources
I have automated builds for the latest revision. Note that snapshots on the dev-branch may not be working.

How to submit patches to us
2010.09.23 - Documents for zr-dev
Here I'll put some documents to help understanding the new plugin architecture we're working on.
who can develop new plugin for zombiereloaded.smx?
cuz i've an idea.
the idea is: add section for zombie attack patterns .
1- hunter attack pattern, the zombie player will walk like the hunter of L4D,
2-Smoker attack pattern, the zombie throw long tongue to infect the player "distance in cfg"
3- Boomer pattern, throw the eww thing u know... attack distance too...
4- Special moaning sounds for each zombie class. like we can add Witch moan Sounds for the Witch zombie class *as example.