Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:25   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #71

I don't support other people's fork.
Hell, I don't even support my own plugins at the moment due to personal situation.
Use the latest version of plugin and don't waste my time. All sound block is already implemented at least 1 year ago. Older versions have no benefits in speed optimization. They're tons of ConVars to control which upgrade should be available on the server, and which not. You just need to read carefully and change the value, that's all.

Last edited by Dragokas; 02-08-2023 at 08:29.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:35   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #72

offtopic.
P.S. To make weapon larger mag size there are special ConVars:
Quote:
ammo_smg_max
ammo_assaultrifle_max
ammo_huntingrifle_max
ammo_buckshot_max
Don't push everything in a single plugin doing the different job, otherwise you'll confuse yourself, losing the understanding which modification and where it is located.

Last edited by Dragokas; 02-08-2023 at 08:39.
Sunyata
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:36   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #73

I'm sorry, it was never my intention to waste your time. In fact, I only wanted to know how to fix the sound issue, which I have now done with your help. So your time hasn't been totally wasted. I reluctantly mentioned this fork plugin only because you asked me why the sound wasn't working for me. I wasn't expecting you to do any further work on your plugin just to accommodate this issue I personally experienced. It was just information given to you as you had requested. If you hadn't asked me, I would not have posted anything else.

With best wishes.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:39   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #74

offtopic.
As about clip size modification you may look Pan XiaoHai's "Melee Infected" plugin to see how it is implemented, if that's what are you are looking for.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:44   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
I'm sorry, it was never my intention to waste your time. In fact, I only wanted to know how to fix the sound issue, which I have now done with your help. So your time hasn't been totally wasted. I reluctantly mentioned this fork plugin only because you asked me why the sound wasn't working for me. I wasn't expecting you to do any further work on your plugin just to accommodate this issue I personally experienced. It was just information given to you as you had requested. If you hadn't asked me, I would not have posted anything else.

With best wishes.
No, I already started an implementation (because I forgot I did it before), because I had the free time and wish, and that thing didn't look for me too difficult. And then, I just see WTF, that thing is already present in source code. So what the hell am I doing here, re-implementing the already existed thing.
Sunyata
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:46   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #76

Yes. Indeed, I can now understand that from your point of view.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 08:47   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #77

Your intention is clear, and this is probably my flaw that the topic is not explicitly marked that the plugin is blocking sound atm. Will do.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2023 , 09:11   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Laser that never sucks (useful upgrades)
Reply With Quote #78

As about your question on modded thing.
The "m_upgradeBitVec" bits are undocumented. If you find more information on them, I would be also interested in it.
The guy who modified the plugin, uses the bit:

Quote:
0x100000
which is according to (his) description means "weapon larger mag/clip size".
And since it is undocumented (?) I can say nothing about it.

The more simplified code of that thing as a stand-alone plugin would be something like:
PHP Code:
public void OnClientPutInServer(int client)
{
    const 
int WEAPON_CLIP_BIT 0x100000;

SetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_upgradeBitVec"GetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_upgradeBitVec") | WEAPON_CLIP_BIT);

maybe with bot check and +timer / join team event.

P.S. This is much likely can also be just the highest bit of DWORD of clip size value. Need to look the table. Somebody can check in "Double equipment" plugin to prove.

Last edited by Dragokas; 02-08-2023 at 09:15.