Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I can't run my CSGO server with Hamachi

Post New Thread Reply   

r4f4w
Old 07-16-2019 , 22:33   I can't run my CSGO server with Hamachi
Reply With Quote #1

I created a dedicated server from CS: GO to play with my friends and however I do not have public ipv4 (shared, GCNAT), and because of that, I can not open ports.

My solution was to use the Hamachi program

I can ping my friends and vice versa, but when they try to connect to my server, some strange things happen.

1- If I leave my server in LAN mode, and they (or I) try to connect used my Hamachi IP, the game says that this server is restricted to LAN connections. (This is because I did not put my GSLT token)

2- When I send my IPV4 from Hamachi to them, they can view the server, and have update of how many players they have, server status, etc., but when they try to connect, they can not.

3- And even if I put my GSLT token, no one can get in, or why does it say that I should connect on this server through a lobby, or it simply closes the connection attempt and does not connect

Some will tell me to call my provider and ask to release the necessary ports, however I would like to leave the server on LAN, as it would only play my friends, and I would like to put some plugins that can not be on public servers.

I have already disabled the firewall, I have released the necessary ports on my firewall (but I think this does not make a difference).

If anyone knows anything, or has any tips, please make yourself known!
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-17-2019 , 13:24   Re: I can't run my CSGO server with Hamachi
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4f4w View Post
1- If I leave my server in LAN mode, and they (or I) try to connect used my Hamachi IP, the game says that this server is restricted to LAN connections. (This is because I did not put my GSLT token)
You can only use CS:GO without a token, when you are using private IP address space, according to RFC1918.

E.g. the ones from this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4f4w View Post
2- When I send my IPV4 from Hamachi to them, they can view the server, and have update of how many players they have, server status, etc., but when they try to connect, they can not.
If you are having an "IPV4 from Hamachi" that is not covered in the areas of IP addresses from the above link, you won't come any further without a GSLT token in CS:GO.

Likewise, if the "VPN" does provide have access to the public Internet, CS:GO won't be able to communicate with the Steam network either, even if you put in a token, and therefore, it won't work either, as it cannot verify the validity of the token.

Hamachi is also well known for hijacking IPv4 space that isn't their own, which can actually cause you other conflicts with the public Internet..

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
r4f4w
Old 07-17-2019 , 14:54   Re: I can't run my CSGO server with Hamachi
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
You can only use CS:GO without a token, when you are using private IP address space, according to RFC1918.

E.g. the ones from this list.

If you are having an "IPV4 from Hamachi" that is not covered in the areas of IP addresses from the above link, you won't come any further without a GSLT token in CS:GO.

Likewise, if the "VPN" does provide have access to the public Internet, CS:GO won't be able to communicate with the Steam network either, even if you put in a token, and therefore, it won't work either, as it cannot verify the validity of the token.

Hamachi is also well known for hijacking IPv4 space that isn't their own, which can actually cause you other conflicts with the public Internet..

Thank you for the explanation

do you know some method of doing my public server without the need for a GSLT token?

Any website that I can buy tokens?

I really wanted to play around with plugins without the fear of being banned.