Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

unicode

Post New Thread Reply   

machone
Old 10-21-2004 , 12:26   unicode
Reply With Quote #1

I know this is long from development, but we need something to block use of unicode in names and such. plays havoc with the log files.
Send a message via ICQ to machone
imported_malex
Old 10-21-2004 , 14:29  
Reply With Quote #2

What about a utility that magically converts the logfiles into a more human-friendly format? That is, of course, if you the human needs to read them. Any parsers out there, like stats packages, should be upgraded themselves. While I think it was a little silly including unicode support in the first place, I don't think preventing such players is necessarily the best way to deal with the situation.

\malex\
FullThrottle
Old 10-21-2004 , 18:28  
Reply With Quote #3

I have a linux script I'm writing that monitors my server for players using non readable characters and boots them from the server. The only reason for them to use them is because they are trying to make it as hard as possible for you to ban/kick them when they act up. And that will probably be the first plugin I write that kicks and or bans players with unreadable names. In my opinion and this is only mine there just isn't a reason for it except because you want to cause trouble.