Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Left8Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

Number Six
Old 04-12-2009 , 21:38   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #91

Work ! ..But need a cvar for disabled the plugin and map restart on default value (difficulty normal etc etc...)

stevenlafl
Old 04-13-2009 , 00:43   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #92

You're good, MagDugan. Very, very good. Your plugin has been shadowing mine and it's coming along very very close to mine.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-13-2009 , 10:26   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #93

Good news folks. Got the permission from the author, So I'm posting the new version along with a list of changes!

v1.4.2!
+Players can always connect to the server until it is maxed out (May need the Metamod plugin to force your server into a constant 8 slot) this works by tricking the server into versus mode for 0.1 seconds when the player sends a connect signal
+3 commands to handle later-joiners. *1
+sm_l8d_hardzombies - a new command, if you want mass hordes rather than expert mode, you can use this to increase zombie count. This increases the zombie horde amount in multiples of 30 up to 6 (180!) Anything above the value of 3 (90) will cause periods of lag but it's still GREAT fun watching masses run towards players 1 will reset the values to normal.
+Bot "Cleanup" now done. Whenever there is more than 4 survivors and a player disconnects the bot taking over gets removed.

!joingame makes the client perform "jointeam 2" (helpful for those without console). This will take control of a spare bot when they are alive.
!addbot This will create a bot to join the game, IF survivors have not left the safe-room it will spawn immediately, if not, they will spawn in a closet at somepoint through the game. Players unfortunately cannot take control of this bot until their "alive" (rescued).
!away This allows players to go "AFK" (in the chance the option doesn't work, and they do not have the console) , if you do this and you're more than 4 survivors, you will need to use !joingame to rejoin.

Credit goes to the following people for offering their valuable time, patience and comedy to helping me test these changes!
Blackwidow2k
-[Hellfire]-
Kabraxis
Hukka`
ZeroNow
[GL] moroN*
LimeOnAWire
๖ۣۜ(̲̅̅A̲̅N̲̅D̲̅Y|
Kabraxis

Enjoy folks!

Remember to offer reputation to those who help out!

Edit:
Hotfix 1.4.3 This removes the "Versus" map requirement to enable Left8Dead. Posted @ edittime

[Plugin had 35 "views" from this post at time of removal]

Last edited by DDR Khat; 04-15-2009 at 06:44.
macing
Old 04-13-2009 , 11:57   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #94

Nice, which Metamod Plugin are you refering to?
Number Six
Old 04-13-2009 , 14:24   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Strange ... sm_l8d_difficulty "Hard" and others difficulty not work for me ???
But all others run great

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-13-2009 , 14:52   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Strange ... sm_l8d_difficulty "Hard" and others difficulty not work for me ???
But all others run great
They should work fine. Remember they might not work if there is another thing (I.e my director enforcer)

Easy / Normal / Hard / Impossible
Old 04-13-2009 , 16:23   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #97

I'd recommend creating a new thread for this if possible and linking it from here. The first post should really list all of the settings and info instead of people having to read dozens of pages to find the latest version.

Any chance of automatically adding admin options to a menu? Also, which Metamod plugin allows 8 slots in co-op mode?
stevenlafl
Old 04-13-2009 , 19:53   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #98

In my plugin, I've just fixed the witch's problem with going after people who didn't startle her.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2009 , 20:09   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #99

This plugin is going rather nicely, but I do have a few suggestions:

Friendly fire can get rather huge with 8 survivors. When I played with 8 survivors, we favored no friendly fire. The cvar that controls friendly fire is "survivor_friendly_fire_factor_(difficult y) 0" where (difficulty) is where you put the difficulty obviously. Perhaps you can make a cvar or menu option that can make things easier?

More special infected: It is possible, but it seems that only 4 specials would be on the map at a time. Every other additional special that joins in would wait in spectator until a "slot" opens up for them. The cvars I use to control this are:

z_minion_limit 8
z_gas_limit 2
z_exploding_limit 2
z_hunter_limit 4

So two smokers, two boomers, and four hunters. If there can be an option for this, I would be most grateful.

Oh and Number Six is correct about the sm_l8d_difficulty command. It does not change the difficulty, but at least voting to change it works.

Last edited by mi123645; 04-13-2009 at 20:20. Reason: Added additional useful feedback
XAFAfterShock
Old 04-13-2009 , 20:39   Re: [L4D] Left8Dead
Reply With Quote #100

+Players can always connect to the server until it is maxed out (May need the Metamod plugin to force your server into a constant 8 slot) this works by tricking the server into versus mode for 0.1 seconds when the player sends a connect signal
what metamod is that?