Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.12) [20-Dec-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

choppledpickusfungus
Old 12-15-2022 , 16:55   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.10) [15-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #91

update: i did some further testing and it seems the big explosion effect isnt linked to damage at all, it seems to be linked to if it hits anything that isnt world geometry (such as props and direct hits on survivors)

photo 1: missile hits world, default explosion
photo 2: missile hits prop_physics car, results in massive explosion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221215155320_1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	198533   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221215155327_1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	198534  
spaghettipastaman
Old 05-01-2023 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.10) [15-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #92

Same issue as the guy above me
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-03-2023 , 03:04   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.10) [15-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettipastaman View Post
Same issue as the guy above me
This was fixed in the latest version.
Old 10-16-2023 , 13:21   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.10) [15-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #94

Hello Silvers, loving the plugin! Quick question: You know how the trigger box creates that massive explosion with lots of airplanes, but with crosshair or position, there's just one plane? Any chance you could add a cfg option to control the number of planes when clicking on the crosshair, similar to the trigger box?

I know about l4d2_airstrike_limit, but I specifically want multiple planes with just one click on the crosshair. Currently using it with the shop plugin, which only works with crosshair and position. Really missing that epic trigger box explosion.
Silvers
Old 10-24-2023 , 23:13   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.11) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #95

Code:
1.11 (25-Oct-2023)
- Added cvar "l4d2_airstrike_manual" to set how many Airstrikes should hit when using the command or menu to trigger. Requested by "ForTheSakura".
- Added cvar "l4d2_airstrike_ring" to display a beam ring at the target position. Requested by "ForTheSakura".
- Changed command "sm_strikes" to allow specifying how many Airstrikes should hit when using the command (overrides the cvar value). Requested by "ForTheSakura".
- Fixed missing translations. Thanks to "ForTheSakura" for reporting.
Old 12-17-2023 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.11) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #96

Hello, I would like to report a issue, the "sm_strikes <#userid|name>" command does not seem to be working properly, every time I execute the command through the developer panel, airstrike does not appear at the specified location, it just Attack a fixed location, sometimes even outside the map. This also exists in the trigger box, maybe they use the same instructions. But triggering through the menu does not have this problem. In addition, the "l4d2_airstrike_horde" setting is invalid. Although I have set it to 100, the horde still does not appear when generating airstrike.
And some suggestions from me, is it possible to manually adjust the time interval between how many air strikes occur when triggered manually via menu or command? For example, I set l4d2_airstrike_manual to "2", then the time interval between the first and second airstrike can be adjusted manually.

Last edited by bsdvjhdabf; 12-17-2023 at 23:52. Reason: find new problem
Silvers
Old 12-19-2023 , 00:58   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.11) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdvjhdabf View Post
Hello, I would like to report a issue, the "sm_strikes <#userid|name>" command does not seem to be working properly, every time I execute the command through the developer panel, airstrike does not appear at the specified location, it just Attack a fixed location, sometimes even outside the map. This also exists in the trigger box, maybe they use the same instructions. But triggering through the menu does not have this problem. In addition, the "l4d2_airstrike_horde" setting is invalid. Although I have set it to 100, the horde still does not appear when generating airstrike.
And some suggestions from me, is it possible to manually adjust the time interval between how many air strikes occur when triggered manually via menu or command? For example, I set l4d2_airstrike_manual to "2", then the time interval between the first and second airstrike can be adjusted manually.
How are you using the command sm_strikes?
Quote:
Usage: sm_strikes <#userid|name> <type: 1=Aim position. 2=On position> [optional number of airstrikes] -OR- vector position <X> <Y> <Z> <angle> [optional number of airstrikes]
For example: "sm_strike Nick 2" should drop the Airstrike on Nicks position.

What do you mean developer panel, the client console window for commands?

- Will change the code for calling a horde, since currently it may not support all maps if the director entity is named differently. It will still be at the mercy of the director deciding if the horde is allowed depending on when the last one occurred etc.

- Will add a cvar to adjust timing interval between multiple airstrikes.
Old 12-19-2023 , 11:39   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.11) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
How are you using the command sm_strikes?

For example: "sm_strike Nick 2" should drop the Airstrike on Nicks position.

What do you mean developer panel, the client console window for commands?

- Will change the code for calling a horde, since currently it may not support all maps if the director entity is named differently. It will still be at the mercy of the director deciding if the horde is allowed depending on when the last one occurred etc.

- Will add a cvar to adjust timing interval between multiple airstrikes.
The developer panel is the panel that appears by pressing the "~" key, not the chat box in the game. the command sm_strikes, I already know how to use it, but if my name contains unrecognized symbols, or is not in English it won't work, can you fix this? Thank you so much

Last edited by bsdvjhdabf; 12-19-2023 at 13:03. Reason: spell mistake
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2023 , 13:28   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.11) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #99

Try putting the name inside quotes, AFAIK this is a common behavior even with default SM commands like sm_kick / sm_slap.

e.g: sm_strikes "ççççç" 2
Old 12-19-2023 , 23:59   Re: [L4D2] F-18 Airstrike (1.12) [20-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #100

Code:
1.12 (20-Dec-2023)
- Added cvar "l4d2_airstrike_time" to set the interval between multiple Airstrikes. Requested by "bsdvjhdabf".
- Changes to make triggering the horde more reliable.