Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2009 , 14:49   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #321

I have no clue then. I dont run dx9, so im not sure if they are green on my server either.
gamma
Old 04-09-2009 , 11:00   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #322

zf_lake_v4
zf_cave_b1
Cadav0r
Old 04-09-2009 , 11:30   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #323

Thanks

My plugins : Admin Sounds

gamma
Old 04-17-2009 , 10:05   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #324

zf_desert_b2
ThatGuy
Old 04-18-2009 , 18:24   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma View Post

Sweet? Fix the crashing issue..?
Old 04-23-2009 , 20:43   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #326

Would just like to say many thanks for this plugin and we have had a zf server for a while now and im also a member of your building forum and you guys put a lot of time and effort into it great stuff
Old 04-28-2009 , 07:24   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #327

Howdy,

I have made a large number of alterations to this plug-in and fixed one very annoying bug with players getting stuck in no-team and spoiling the fun for other players. The same for the continuous crashing, we've not had a crash in over a week!!

I have attached version 6 of my internal revisions, I have a 7th which includes fog and a few other changes, but i need to work on that more, need a few more days on that.

It was based upon version 2.1.1.1 of plug-in, as in the pre-released version 2.1.1.2 I did not agree with the heavy taught being disabled and the same for the sandman.

Play Test Version 7! 78.129.175.2:27030
We play tested this with 32 n00bs continuously to hammer the crap out of it for a few hours and our zombie server. Our Zombie Fortress has the latest version which we're testing atm and will be full in the evenings (UK time).

A rough outline of the changes:
  • Sandman & Heavy taunt kept
    (as mentioned believe this should be kept)
  • Fixed crashes on map change
    (Yay!)
  • Fixed the problem of player stuck with no team and no spawning
    (Double Yay!)
  • Zombie's now have Zombie Vision (lifted from Zombie Panic Source)
    (Very freaky, but adds a nice touch)
  • Zombie's have an altered FoV (Field of Vision) and flicker a dark green colour
    (same as above)
  • The sky box is altered (not in zf_dustbowl or panic) to a darker version
    (This has a hardcoded hack for dustbowl and panic, probably needs to be better coded than what I did for this)
  • Ambience sound was added (lifted from Zombie Riot)
    (the random cackle and scream adds a stunning effect)
  • The darkness and ability to change the darkness has been added
    (bit hacky atm to stop it in lake, panic and zf_dustbowl)
  • Dynamic team swapped based upon map type
    (for example if its pl_badwater, the zombies swap so that blue team are the survivors and can carry the payload to the end)
Notes:
I did consider blocking the payload from dispensing, however in our extensive play testing this was not needed, survivors were on a losing 3:1 ratio for completing the map which is quite good! (we were getting cheers when they actually survived!)

Current to-do list:
  • Add "slapme" command to get player out of stuck object (really bad in lake and in zf_panic for getting stuck in doors or sofas). Needs some limiting on it though.
  • Might be worth considering pre-caching the skybox as well, for use of custom skybox'es (my own note)
  • Also think a vote when the last player is left to capture AFK'ers in spawn behind doors that are locked
    'Slay Last Player' to all zombies and the option to 'stop slay vote' to the last survivor so that he/she can stop the vote.
  • Also as I am evil, I also think that beacon'ing the last player is a good idea, because I am a meany
Have a play!

Installation:
  1. Remove previous version of zombie fortress plugin (pop in the disbaled folder)
  2. Upload the zombiefortress_v6.smx file to your plugins dir
  3. Upload the files in the rar file and place in thier correct folders (add as bz2 to your web hosting if using sv_downloadurl)
  4. Restart the server instance
  5. Pwn some Zombies!
Oh and some screenies of V7

Matt
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zombiefortress_v6.sp - 295 views - 49.0 KB)
File Type: rar ZombieFortress.rar (1.67 MB, 173 views)

Last edited by MoggieX; 04-28-2009 at 12:26.
Send a message via Skype™ to MoggieX
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-29-2009 , 13:47   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #328

Thanks Moggie for the new version. My server had been crashing cause the people on my server kept wanting to switch to a zf map.

I do have some problems though, I cant seem to get the overlay to work even though they are downloading properly. I use sm_downloader and add the files to the list, put them on the server and on the webhost redirect. I've had some experience uploading models and material files before and those all seemed to work perfectectly, is there something I am forgetting?

also, this has been a recurring problem, but my zombies do not blink green. They phase in and out of visibility, is this suppose to happen? Before, when I had the earlier versions of zombie fortress my zombies would still not spawn green, they would be normal colored. I do not know the reason for this.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2009 , 09:43   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaturn View Post
Thanks Moggie for the new version. My server had been crashing cause the people on my server kept wanting to switch to a zf map.

I do have some problems though, I cant seem to get the overlay to work even though they are downloading properly. I use sm_downloader and add the files to the list, put them on the server and on the webhost redirect. I've had some experience uploading models and material files before and those all seemed to work perfectectly, is there something I am forgetting?

also, this has been a recurring problem, but my zombies do not blink green. They phase in and out of visibility, is this suppose to happen? Before, when I had the earlier versions of zombie fortress my zombies would still not spawn green, they would be normal colored. I do not know the reason for this.
Check your pure list or set sv_pure to 0
With regards to the zombies not spawning green, odd, update SM to the latest version and try again.

I am aware that smoetimes you get the odd survivor still being green at the next spawn, but thats quite rare.

Matt
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2009 , 17:23   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #330

It also depends on the users settings. If you use directx8 like I do, you wont see colors. Only DX9.0/9.1 modes will you see colors(which is the default).