Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 05-01-2010 , 02:03   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy1234x1 View Post
So with the recent update to Steam does that mean that the MOTD is now a Webkit rather than IE browser? If so I'd suggest implementing an HTML 5 method and cut the plugin entirely.
All the games have been grandfathered, so that TF2 and older games use the same old technology in the MOTD browser. It has been suggested to me that L4D2 uses WebKit, but I have not confirmed this yet nor the extent of its support. I will experiment with this later. Regardless, alternate solutions will be needed between L4D2 and the rest of Valve's games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydan View Post
last time i sent you the flash file are only for client side only, no GUI, and only contains some message display(you can disable them too)

for the administrative website, you can use some exists flash music player & modify them, they have some nice graphical controls skin
I understand the version you sent, and you're right that there are work-arounds, so if you cannot provide a GUI I can deal with it. I think I have made the resulting issues very clear, but for some reason I feel that you haven't read or don't understand them.

I do not have the tools nor the expertise to modify an open flash project. Otherwise I would. ;) This sort of issue is exactly why Apple is openly refusing to support Flash on their mobile products.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2010 , 03:36   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #522

I think they said that they used webkit in the l4d blog or on the steam UI beta page.

raydan
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:02   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #523

in flash music player xml file, can you add music duration?
and you want to add a buffer time in different music? (may be default is 3000)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<musiclist>
 <music>
<url>http://xxxxxx/xxx.mp3</url> 
  <volume>1.0</volume> 
  <duration>60</duration>
  <buffertime>3000</buffertime>
 </music>
 <music>
<url>http://xxxxxx/yyy.mp3</url> 
  <volume>1.0</volume>
 <duration>35</duration>
<buffertime>3000</buffertime>
 </music>
</musiclist>
anyone want the unfinish flash music player? the only thing haven't finish is the next music buffering, may be someone can do it.
pm me, if you want to finish that

Last edited by raydan; 05-01-2010 at 04:19.
SirLamer
Old 05-01-2010 , 20:57   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
in flash music player xml file, can you add music duration?
Absolutely! I will make Jukebox generate an XML script that include whatever information you need. Jukebox collects track duration info with millisecond accuracy, so if desirable I can provide the duration in milliseconds (ie. 35345) or decimal notation (ie. 35.345). If you want whole second values I need to know if it's better to round times to nearest whole values, or to truncate or force round up. In other words, should 35.7 round up to 36 or be truncated down to 35?

Also, for your knowledge, Jukebox currently collects the following data on every track.
  • Title
  • Artist
  • Album
  • Genre
  • Track number (for use with albums)
  • Bitrate (in kbps)
  • Playtime (with floating point precision in seconds, can get millisecond accuracy or better from it)
  • MD5 hash

I can have it pull more data if you need it, so long as the GetID3 library will do it.

As an idea, you could use the bitrate to throttle the download speed after initial buffering to protect low speed connections. For example, buffer with full download speed until an adequate buffer is acquired, then reduce to 120% of the bitrate. This is basically what YouTube's video player does. I don't know if this is easy to do in Flash, so if not then don't worry about it.

In the future, I want Jukebox to get average volume data from each track for normalizing on the fly, but right now that's not supported. I think that would require the server machine to decode each MP3... In any case, you plugin is already set up to support that.

Quote:
and you want to add a buffer time in different music? (may be default is 3000)
To be clear, I assume that your "buffer time" is an audible pause between each track, as well as the waiting time before the first track.

Are you asking if the buffer time needs to be specified for multiple tracks? No, I only envision needing to specify it for the first track, but if your implementation can accept it for each track then that's fine. I ask that the default be 0 milliseconds, except of course the program will take whatever time it needs to buffer the first track in this case. For the second and subsequent tracks it should be able to start buffering seconds before the prior track is about to end, and start playing the next track with as little delay as possible after the track ends. The MP3 technology demands that there be a slight and brief "pop" between tracks, but that is fine. There may be use in the future for specifying a delay between tracks, but not at the moment.

Last edited by SirLamer; 05-01-2010 at 21:01.
raydan
Old 05-02-2010 , 00:33   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #525

the "buffer time" mean, the flash will download 3 seconds music, after downloaded 3 seconds music, flash will start play the music

if set to 1000, will download 1 seconds, then start to play
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-02-2010 , 05:38   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #526

You know what really makes me mad? I was transferring my servers and the first server available is the L4D2 server and i can't use this mod, the achievements mod, or anything i have and have been working on for that matter. Probably should have kept my mouth shut about the mod and L4D2 compatibility. XD
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2010 , 05:43   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #527

Custom achievements doesnt even work, lags my servers every 10 secs it makes a query.

SirLamer
Old 05-02-2010 , 17:23   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
the "buffer time" mean, the flash will download 3 seconds music, after downloaded 3 seconds music, flash will start play the music

if set to 1000, will download 1 seconds, then start to play
Oh, I'm not sure what the point of this is. Certainly this is not what I meant when I said I would like to be able to make the player wait a fixed amount of time. A good object name for what I was talking about would be <pause> or maybe <wait>. If <wait> is set to 3246, then the flash player would begin buffering the first track immediately but wait 3.246 real seconds from first loading to begin playback. If it just waits for 3 seconds of music to buffer that is not predictable, because different systems take different amounts of time to buffer and most will likely finish buffering long before 3 seconds are up. Again, the point of <wait> would be to remove the start time variability between clients due to differences in buffering speeds. Of course, you can add this tag if you want, but I won't make use of it as I think the default value will be adequate in all cases.

To generalize, playback should not begin until enough of the first track has buffered AND the time duration specified by <wait> has passed since first loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
You know what really makes me mad? I was transferring my servers and the first server available is the L4D2 server and i can't use this mod, the achievements mod, or anything i have and have been working on for that matter. Probably should have kept my mouth shut about the mod and L4D2 compatibility. XD
Nah, I still would like to make Jukebox work on L4D2 however I can. You're not the only person who would use it.

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-02-2010 , 18:51   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #529

Well however you get it working, if you get it working ill give it a thumbs up! ^.^
ThatGuy
Old 05-03-2010 , 03:38   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #530

Any chance of a command such as

jb_playrandom

Where it'll grab a random song and play it? without having to go through a menu to do it, that way you can play it for everyone via console or any way else.

Last edited by ThatGuy; 05-03-2010 at 06:53.