Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2 MvM] Prevent Players from Respawning + more

Post New Thread Reply   

Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2015 , 08:25   [TF2 MvM] Prevent Players from Respawning + more
Reply With Quote #1

So I have this unfinished plugin that I wrote a long time ago, and I would like to get it out of the way once and for all. Basically I have a server that is survival mode MvM that makes mvm more like killing floor. Every player gets 10x more health, but if they die they do not respawn until the next wave (be it wave failure or wave success).

So my questions are:

1. Currently I use tf2items to grant the 10x bonus by adding "max health additive bonus" to every melee weapon. Is there any better way of doing the same thing or is that the only way?

2. How can I kill the revive marker (the one the medic uses to revive players), since that breaks the whole point of survival mode? That is, when a player dies, they do not drop the revive marker.

3. Is there a better way of making the respawn time 30,000 seconds other than editing every single pop file? (Preferably through sourcemod or metamod.)

4. A player who died can disconnect and reconnect to the server ("retry" in client console) and will be able to circumvent the super long respawn time. How can I keep track of who has died during the wave? (I'm thinking of using an adt_trie with the keys being steam IDs).

As a follow up, should they do the console disconnect/reconnect, is there some forward that is triggered when a player spawns that I can use? I can then grab the player's steam ID, check it in the trie, and make sourcemod force them to suicide to send the client back to limbo if needed.

Basically I want to block all possible loopholes that would defeat the purpose of survival mode as that would ruin the game.

Thanks!

Last edited by Potato Uno; 01-30-2015 at 08:26.
Michalplyoutube
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2015 , 08:28   Re: [TF2 MvM] Prevent Players from Respawning + more
Reply With Quote #2

1 TF2 attribs set attrib on the client?
2 Use acceptentintyinput kill
3 Probably chaning respawn timer like tf2bwr does
4 When players joins red team respawn him.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2015 , 11:44   Re: [TF2 MvM] Prevent Players from Respawning + more
Reply With Quote #3

1. Fixed.
2. Fixed.
3. Didn't work; instead I kicked the player to the spectator and denied all attempts of them joining RED if they died once. (BTW, your BWR timer is actually broken.)
4. I ended up using an adt_array to store the steam IDs of all players, and then checked against that to allow RED players in.

Thanks for the help!