Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Yup, it's a... release change!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

redmist
Old 08-17-2004 , 21:54  

Oh well, I've got a LAN coming up next weekend - looks like I'm going to be forced to to use AMX 0.9.9 for the server scripting. The CPU usage is just too high to use AMXX 0.16. and 0.2 is obviously still a long way off seeing as it's not even at RC stage...
(Donnie Darko)
Old 08-18-2004 , 03:09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmist
Oh well, I've got a LAN coming up next weekend - looks like I'm going to be forced to to use AMX 0.9.9 for the server scripting. The CPU usage is just too high to use AMXX 0.16. and 0.2 is obviously still a long way off seeing as it's not even at RC stage...
Agreed, I'm going the same way. what i didn't appreciate is the flame at the amx guys for releasing an update and amxx doing a DoD (delay, delay when its done after specifying a release date and then constantly pushing it back). My servers been down for 2 weeks coz I've been waiting for .2 to start nice and clean, but it could be next year at this rate
Uresu
Old 08-18-2004 , 03:37  

Never keep a server offline waiting for an opens ource project to be completed on time. THat's the thing with open source, or any software for that matter. If it's not out on the release date, just go with something else, chances are it will be delayed forever...... windows 95.... half life 2...... amxmodx 0.2.... etc
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2004 , 05:29  

Donnie , I bet your going to wakeup soon and see that AMXX 0.20 was released , don't say it is far... you never know.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
SniperBeamer
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 08-18-2004 , 06:47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uresu
chances are it will be delayed forever...... windows 95.... half life 2...... amxmodx 0.2.... etc
You compare AMX Mod X with commercial products? Believe me if AMXx would be our full-time job it would have been finished long time ago.
Btw. I didn't know WIndows 95 is delayed forever. But I might be wrong.
Old 08-18-2004 , 07:33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peli
Donnie , I bet your going to wakeup soon and see that AMXX 0.20 was released , don't say it is far... you never know.
Aye, I do hope (btw my server not exculsively down because of amx release, just thought i'd wait until it was, coz I want all the dod plugins to work nice & sweet!)

tbh not got the time to fool around with server now anyways, but if .2 rolled around - I'd make the time to check it out
BAILOPAN
Old 08-18-2004 , 09:32  

For the most part RC2 is now completely finished.

The only thing that's left to do is fix a bug that is occuring with certain tasks (we rewrote the task system internally) but I can do that in my free time now. What I can't do is packaging right now. Since I'm currently away until Friday night, I _probably_ won't be able to make all packages until Saturday morning.

Sorry, but that's how it goes... things come up :\
Old 08-18-2004 , 09:35  

will there be any changes to config files / plugins after RC2 or will it just be includes / dlls / modules?
(Donnie Darko)
Old 08-18-2004 , 16:56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
For the most part RC2 is now completely finished.

The only thing that's left to do is fix a bug that is occuring with certain tasks (we rewrote the task system internally) but I can do that in my free time now. What I can't do is packaging right now. Since I'm currently away until Friday night, I _probably_ won't be able to make all packages until Saturday morning.

Sorry, but that's how it goes... things come up :\
I hope you are getting some then ;)
rasvan
Old 08-18-2004 , 17:16   AMXx .20

Wating for it.

Thank you !
Send a message via Yahoo to rasvan
Closed Thread