We are pleased to announce that SourceMod 1.6.0 has been officially released.
Concurrently, Metamod:Source 1.10.1
has also been released.
This is a major update with a large number of under-the-hood improvements, as well as new features and bug fixes.
You can get it at the downloads page
Highlights for Server Admins
Highlights for Developers
- New Game Support - SourceMod, including base plugins, now supports Dota 2, Source SDK 2013 mods, Insurgency, Contagion, and Blade Symphony.
- Updated gamedata and binary support for many games and mods.
- Added support to create custom ban reasons for the basebans plugin (thanks Matthias "Dr. Greg House" Kollek).
- Many stability fixes.
- Better performance.
- Added an API for off-thread SQL transactions.
- Added support for string literal concatenation (with new "..." operator) (thanks Peace-Maker).
- Adjusted the OnClientSayCommand forwards to be more developer-friendly (thanks SystematicMania).
- Too much to name here. For overview of all sourcepawn and SM extension API changes and additions, please see the SourceMod 1.6.0 API Changes wiki article
Full release notes and a detailed changelog is available at the SourceMod 1.6.0 Release Notes wiki article
As always, you should not need to recompile plugins or extensions. If you encounter any problems, please check the upgrade instructions
before filing bug reports
Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this release and supported AlliedModders, including, but not limited to members of the SM dev team - BAILOPAN, DS, Fyren, psychonic, asherkin, Dr!fter, and KyleS - as well as all other code contributors, particularly Peace-Maker, VoiDeD, House, SystematicMania, Powerlord, and FlaminSarge, bug reporters, translators, and donators.