Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TE_SetupBloodSprite()

Post New Thread Reply   

dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 10:04   TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #1

I cannot get TE_SetupBloodSprite() to work. I know I must be doing something stupid here. I wrote a simple program to demonstrate me not making it work.

Any help anyone could offer would be most appreciated.

Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <sdktools> #pragma semicolon 1 #define PLUGIN_VERSION "1.0" // Plugin definitions public Plugin:myinfo = {     name = "Blood Test",     author = "AMP",     description = "It is just test code",     version = PLUGIN_VERSION,     url = "http://forums.alliedmods.net" }; // Global Variables new g_bloodModel; new g_sprayModel; public OnPluginStart() {     HookEvent("player_spawn", EventPlayerSpawn, EventHookMode_Post); } public EventPlayerSpawn(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast) {     new client = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event, "userid"));     CreateTimer(2.0, TimerCreateDrops, client, TIMER_REPEAT); } public Action:TimerCreateDrops(Handle:timer, any:client) {     new Float:vec[3];     new Float:upVec[3];     new Float:rightVec[3];     static const color[] = {255,15,15,255};         if(IsClientInGame(client) && IsPlayerAlive(client) && GetClientHealth(client) < 100)     {         GetClientAbsOrigin(client, vec);         vec[0] -= 30;         vec[1] -= 30;         GetVectorVectors(vec, rightVec, upVec);         TE_SetupBloodSprite(vec, rightVec, color, 25, g_sprayModel, g_bloodModel);     } } public OnMapStart() {     g_bloodModel = PrecacheModel("sprites/blood.vmt", true);     g_sprayModel = PrecacheModel("sprites/bloodspray.vmt", true); }
NOTE: I realize the timers will stack, this is just for the purpose of demonstrating the problem I am having.
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2007 , 10:12   Re: TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #2

hard to tell . i would add a client print message right after your conditions and right when u try to make the blood on the player . just to see if your function is fireing at all , if it prints than it must be soemthing else .
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 10:15   Re: TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Army View Post
hard to tell . i would add a client print message right after your conditions and right when u try to make the blood on the player . just to see if your function is fireing at all , if it prints than it must be soemthing else .
I have, I have checked the values of every parameter. I have checked to ensure that the everything is populated correctly. I even validated the setup of the tempent stock against valve's own code.
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2007 , 10:23   Re: TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #4

omg , i cant belevie i missed this at first , you ahve to send messages in source .

Code:

TE_SendToAll();
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2007 , 11:09   Re: TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Army View Post
omg , i cant belevie i missed this at first , you ahve to send messages in source .

Code:

TE_SendToAll();
*sigh*

I have been working on this for well over a week and I never noticed that I wasn't sending the tempent.

*sigh*
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2007 , 11:34   Re: TE_SetupBloodSprite()
Reply With Quote #6

lol ! dont worry about dalto , it happens to the best of us . you look at the code for more then a few hours and things start to slip past you .