Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] BuildWars v2.1.0 (Updated: 08/03/15)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Author
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Gameplay modification where teams must build their own defenses then attack the opposing team.
    Old 11-20-2011 , 15:22   [CS:S/CS:GO] BuildWars v2.1.0 (Updated: 08/03/15)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    • BuildWars has generally been a private mod for various communities. However, as disgruntled client released a version to the public, I've decided to officially release the second branch of the mod.
    • Essentially, the mod can be considered a poor man's Garry's Mod / Source Fonts combined with classic CS:S gameplay. There are two phases, the build phase and the war phase.
      • During the build phase, the Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists are separated by a dividing wall (map specific). The goal is to create various defenses / structures / etc using in-game props ranging from cardboard boxes, vending machines, light posts, and whatever else the server administrator fancies.
      • After a specified length of time, the war phase activates, and the wall that once separated the two teams disappears. The goal of the mod then becomes for one team to shoot the f**k out of the other team.
    • Unfortunately, there will be very little continued development for the v2 development branch of Build Wars. Bugs and the likes will be ironed out, and every now and then I may push an update, but I consider v2 to be a completed project and have long since moved on to the next branch.
    • Likewise, despite the plugin now launching on CS:GO, I wouldn't exactly call it supported. The menu structure simply isn't optimized for CS:GO gameplay due to the lack of a menu option, creating a fairly clunky experience. At this point I'm not willing to spend the time to optimize things as I have for the v3 branch, but after the renewed hype dies down, I may consider doing so.
    Features:
    • Clients are allowed to create props, move / rotate / color their props, delete their props, and "control" them (essentially a HL2 Grabber Gun). They're also able to check the ownership of any prop in their crosshairs and return to spawn in the event of getting stuck.
    • Several configuration files define the specifics of features provided to players, such as which props (and what types of props) players can access, valid rotation and position measurements, and a nifty command system that allows definition of custom in-game shortcuts.
    • Hardcoded support for three different classifications of players: Public, Supporter, and Administrator. You can view the source code, near the top, to see the overrides and flags provided.
      • Public players are as it sounds, normal players that have no special benefits other than what the mod provides.
      • Supporter players can be considered a donator classification, which can be assigned various extra benefits.
      • Administrators bypass numerous in-game restrictions and should only be assigned to those that deserve the position.
    • Numerous Cvars control the differences between each group classification, such as the number of props, deletes, and teleports available. Props can also be restricted to specific classifications, to provide donators/administrators with powerful structures.
    • A temperamental, and sometimes buggy, feature allows clients with appropriate access to save/respawn groups, or bases, of props around a common save location.
    Installation:
    • /sourcemod/plugins/sm_buildwars_v2.smx
    • /sourcemod/translations/buildwars_v2.css.phrases.txt
    • /sourcemod/translations/buildwars_v2.csgo.phrases.txt
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_rotations.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_props.css.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_props.csgo.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_positions.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_colors.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_cmds.css.ini
    • /sourcemod/configs/buildwars/sm_buildwars_cmds.csgo.ini
    • CSS Maps (Personal Dropbox Link)
    • CSGO Map (Note: Map. Singular)(Personal Dropbox Link)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (buildwars_v2.sp - 768 views - 211.9 KB)
    File Type: smx buildwars_v2.smx (86.8 KB, 685 views)
    File Type: zip _BuildWars.v210.zip (127.7 KB, 1083 views)

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-17-2015 at 19:32. Reason: Update Yo!