Player Outline

Post New Thread Reply   

ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 06-04-2012 , 19:16   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static2601 View Post
im having a problem putting this on all players. I do sm_outlineon @all and it only puts it on me and a couple other players, though there are 20 people in the server. not sure why it does this.
Should work fine, I'll check the player checks for the next update. I probably have it set where you can't enable it on yourself if you are dead. Also, you can't target admins/donators that have a higher immunity than yourself.
Static2601
Old 06-04-2012 , 19:44   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #12

I've tried enabling it all several times and still it only enabled on a few players. I'll keep trying it and see if maybe another plugin is interfering with it, though i doubt it and ill repost later.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2012 , 03:53   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #13

Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (playeroutline.sp - 289 views - 12.3 KB)

Last edited by Leonardo; 06-05-2012 at 04:08.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 06-05-2012 , 04:12   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #14

Version 1.1.0 Released

Changes:
* Combined commands into one.
* Remove ClientPrefs and added a simple true, false bool to re-enable effects after spawn.
* Fixed issues in which players couldn't target @all players.
* Added toggle in sm_outline to determine if you are enabling or disabling effects on target(s)

Thank you big time MasterOfTheXP for all the help with the targetting. I'll be updating my other plugin releases with these types of configurations.

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 06-05-2012 at 04:12.
Smarmy
Old 06-07-2012 , 14:42   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #15

Hmm, could this be made to show the outline of enemies during humiliation to the winners so that they can be tracked down? =)
SlimeCounty
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-06-2012 , 09:35   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
Hmm, could this be made to show the outline of enemies during humiliation to the winners so that they can be tracked down? =)
This is what you want:
[TF2] Humiliation Glow by Dr. McKay

Edit: ha, sorry for the one month necro, got my digits mixed up...

Last edited by SlimeCounty; 07-06-2012 at 09:41.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 07-06-2012 , 13:36   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #17

Really cool plugin! But for some reason this doesn't seem to work on my server. I am using pyrovision on my character along with DX81 if that matters. Also, whenever you have time for an update, would you mind adding support for sm_showactivity? It seems to ignore the value I have set.

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-06-2012 at 13:40.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2012 , 13:46   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Really cool plugin! But for some reason this doesn't seem to work on my server. I am using pyrovision on my character along with DX81 if that matters.
Hmm... do you see the cart or intel outlines in the game? As far as I can tell, pyrovision (both normal and that induced by the Pyrovision plugin) shouldn't interact with this plugin.
髪を用心
Old 07-06-2012 , 14:24   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hmm... do you see the cart or intel outlines in the game? As far as I can tell, pyrovision (both normal and that induced by the Pyrovision plugin) shouldn't interact with this plugin.
I just used the command again with players on my server this time. They are able to see it, but i'm not able to.
I guess it's because I have -dxlevel81 running on my Team Fortress 2 client. I never actually been able to see the pyrovision color correction either because using that advanced launch parameter stops all forms of color correction. I can only seem some new effects and sound changes when i'm in pyrovision mode.

I also just loaded pl_thundermountain on my client. No, i'm not able to see cart outlines.

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-06-2012 at 14:31.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-06-2012 , 15:21   Re: Player Outline
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
I just used the command again with players on my server this time. They are able to see it, but i'm not able to.
I guess it's because I have -dxlevel81 running on my Team Fortress 2 client. I never actually been able to see the pyrovision color correction either because using that advanced launch parameter stops all forms of color correction. I can only seem some new effects and sound changes when i'm in pyrovision mode.

I also just loaded pl_thundermountain on my client. No, i'm not able to see cart outlines.
I have had reports like that in VSH, DR, and other plugins. Outline is very glitchy in my opinion as if someone gets to far from the player, the outline sorta sticks to whatever position its in. Your problem probably is client side like you said.

As for ShowActivity, I will look into it in the future.

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 07-06-2012 at 15:24.