Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

possible bug with sdk2013, but unable to determine

Post New Thread Reply   

drhax9908
Old 12-08-2019 , 02:05   possible bug with sdk2013, but unable to determine
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I was attempting to compile an obscure mvm extension for sourcemod, and I got an error that is partly related to the swapfix issue with some of the sdk's, but this wasn't affecting the sdk2013 in that specific file, and the file didn't need to be fixed. This is happening in another file ENTIRELY. I'm honestly unsure if this is an extension bug, or a bug in the sdk. Here's the error, you'll see the extension name in it too

PHP Code:
In file included from /pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlvector.h:24,

from /test2/sigsegv-mvm/src/common.h:329,

from <command-line>:1:
/
pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlblockmemory.hIn member function &#8216;void CUtlBlockMemory<T, I>::Swap(CUtlBlockMemory<T, I>&)’:
/pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlblockmemory.h:141:2errorthere are no arguments to &#8216;swap’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘swap’ must be available [-fpermissive]
/pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlblockmemory.h:141:2note: (if you use &#8216;-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlblockmemory.h:142:2errorthere are no arguments to &#8216;swap’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘swap’ must be available [-fpermissive]
/pool/Game/SourceMod/hl2sdk-sdk2013/public/tier1/utlblockmemory.h:143:2errorthere are no arguments to &#8216;swap’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘swap’ must be available [-fpermissive] 
will someone please offer some input on this?

EDIT: If you need to see the source code, the dev put it on github.

https://github.com/sigsegv-mvm/sigsegv-mvm

Last edited by drhax9908; 12-08-2019 at 02:42. Reason: link to github repo for those who ask
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-11-2019 , 22:17   Re: possible bug with sdk2013, but unable to determine
Reply With Quote #2

Could try changing the calls to swap in CUtlBlockMemory::Swap to V_swap, but I am unsure.