Old 11-04-2012 , 09:33   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #191

how about hitboxes?
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2012 , 15:37   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baran View Post
Installing this plugin causes players on my server to get stuck on Parsing game info.
I have the latest Sourcemod Stable Build.

I'll provide any information needed.
From looking at other threads, you're having problems with other plugins too - so the problem isn't here. I can only suggest installing the latest dev. version (I forget if the stable versions are back on track since they last broke) along with the latest Metamod:Source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsav91 View Post
Thank you for the help here. Got it all worked out and now everything is much better with the resize menu. Cant wait to see the future updates in this plugin. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the comment, salsav91.
Old 11-04-2012 , 22:31   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaLambda View Post
how about hitboxes?
they re-size too, making you a hard-to-hit target or free points.
TFC
Old 11-06-2012 , 14:36   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #194

i got error

Code:
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:03: [SM] Native "SDKHook" reported: 
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:03: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "ResizePlayers.smx":
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:03: [SM] [0] Line 310, ResizePlayers.sp::OnClientPutInServer()
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:04: [SM] Plugin encountered error 21: Native is not bound
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:04: [SM] Native "SDKHook" reported: 
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:04: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "ResizePlayers.smx":
L 11/06/2012 - 15:12:04: [SM] [0] Line 310, ResizePlayers.sp::OnClientPutInServer()
sourceMod 1.5.0-dev+3683
mmsource- mmsource-1.10.0
Old 11-08-2012 , 08:22   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #195

sorry for coming late to the party but I've only just seen this mod. I'm using it as is on an hl2 deathmatch server, if I type "sm_resizeme" in the consol it works, cool. BUT, I can't find a config file so that I can enable the menu's as illustrated by foxmulder' post #10
also as I'm not a coder more of a follow instructions kind guy, I wondered if it could be set to increment the size of the player in line with their score EG player with highest score is biggest, a bit like the bighead mod in UT? obviously since the models are all one the whole player would need to be resized

Last edited by theflange; 11-08-2012 at 08:23.
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2012 , 11:40   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFC View Post
i got error
Try updating SDKHooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflange View Post
sorry for coming late to the party but I've only just seen this mod. I'm using it as is on an hl2 deathmatch server, if I type "sm_resizeme" in the consol it works, cool. BUT, I can't find a config file so that I can enable the menu's as illustrated by foxmulder' post #10
also as I'm not a coder more of a follow instructions kind guy, I wondered if it could be set to increment the size of the player in line with their score EG player with highest score is biggest, a bit like the bighead mod in UT? obviously since the models are all one the whole player would need to be resized
There's already a menu incorporated into the plugin. Set the cvar sm_resize_menu to 1 then the menu will be accessible in both commands if no size is given.

As for the score resizing, it sounds a bit too far out of the scope of this plugin but if you want to give more details as to the exact nature of the score vs. size system then I'll see if I can make a special one in my spare time.

Last edited by 11530; 11-08-2012 at 11:41.
theflange
Old 11-08-2012 , 13:28   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #197

thanks for the quick response, my servers all run 20kills or 15mins whichever comes first so the idea would be that at the round start everyone is same size as players get killed the net result is that the killed player stays the same the killer has his size increased. the player with the highest number of kills is always the biggest.
I'm not sure I've got the menu sorted yet as it doesn't display correctly, it's there but the words are gibberish, researching now but the mod works great thanks.
theflange
Old 11-08-2012 , 19:32   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #198

OK so I've no idea how I got the menu to come up, I haven't been able to duplicate that.
I can type stuff into the chat box or the consol and get the resize downwards to happen but thats it.
if someone could pretend they were talking to an idiot and describe exactly how to "set a cvar" that would be fantastic! Most of my other mods have cfg files and I just put stuff in there but this has nothing. I've tried typing in the consol everything thats listed on page one but nothing happens. !resize, /resize !rescale and /rescale make me smaller/bigger typed into consol or chat box, but no menu. I can only guess that cvars go in the server.cfg file or maybe the autoexec or maybe the any one of the admin_menu items in sourcemod configs, it could be any or all. it seems that everyone thinks that people know stuff but I'll be honest I don't know jack but if someone says "write this in there" I can do it no problem. It could just be that I'm not typing in the correct words for the menu for instance my models(yes I have 4 servers with models on)servers I type !models and press esc for the menu, of course I've tried !resize then esc and !rescale then esc but nothing, I can't think of anymore combinations of sm+resize+rescale+menu that I haven't tried. I've searched the internet and read and reread this forum but nowhere does it actually say what to type or where to type to get a menu or where to put a cvar. Maybe I'm just to stupid to use this?
theflange
Old 11-09-2012 , 05:20   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #199

oops yes, had a bad day yesterday and a wee dram too much!!! sober now any help would be good thanks
theflange
Old 11-09-2012 , 18:34   Re: [ANY] Resize Players
Reply With Quote #200

you know that silence that happens when you fart in church? well this is a bit like that. got some instant replies with my first post then nothing! it's not because I'm hl2 deathmatch is it? try to think of it as a personal challenge and if you can help me? imagine how good you'd feel, you'd have bragging rights at the pub, the women would worship at your feet, there'd be promotion at work which means more money in your pocket! all from one tiny little good deed, go on you know you want to! if it helps do it via PM and I won't tell anyone, your secret would be safe. OK don't all start at the same time form an orderly queue, OH and the guy who thinks I should shove the plugin where the sun don't shine(thats why its called a plugin) tried that didn't work.thanks