Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update

Post New Thread Reply   

boboffuture
Old 07-13-2018 , 02:09   Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #1

Just noticed every server I own was empty for a long time today, I initially thought my server got locked in a update loop, so I logged into my web panel, nothing. Logs showed some people joining and leaving (alot of them), so I decided to open CS and check what was happening.

Turns out nobody can spawn, I just get stuck like in this image:

Here are some things I tried:

1. "Fresh" SourceMod Install (1.10) [Maybe it's a bug and lastest branch would solve it?]
2. "Fresh" SourceMod Re-Install (1.09) [Maybe dev version is unstable for a given plugin?]
3. Downgrading to build from 6244 to 6241 [after having problems with SourceMod not being able to load]
4. Unloading every plugin [After server booted with plugins]
5. Removing plugins folder [Booting without any plugin]

While writing this, I decided to try other things to avoid creating a useless post:
6. Completely removed addons folder, still happening.
7. Removed maps, re-downloaded them, nothing.

Then I decided to restart my client, restart server, and FINALLY got in and spawned (no MetaMod, no SourceMod), disconnected, reconnected (retry on console, connect on console and server list) and the bug started happening again. This is consistent for me (tried 4 times).

EDIT1: This still happens with SourceMod and MetaMod loaded (with and without plugins). Plugins also work fine (no errors, no weird logs).

EDIT2: Maybe I should have posted on "Source Servers" since this does not seems to be a problem with SourceMod at all? I'm sorry mods D:

EDIT3: Completely wiped my server, and reinstalled from SteamCMD, still happening. Booted my local server, updated it, working fine, logs are exactly the same. That gotta be something with my server provider.

EDIT4: After reinstalling every plugin back, I still had the spawn-bug. For some reason I decided to enable Panorama (maybe they broke something by accident that only works with it?)... same thing. Decided to once again reload plugins 1 by 1. After unloading PlayerAnalytics, I was able to spawn as normal. Restarted server, unloaded PlayerAnalytics, still able to spawn. Move .smx to disabled folder. Restarted server, and everything works now?

EDIT5: Okay this is not as easy as I thought. What I said in EDIT4 is correct for Panorama. I just have to unload PlayerAnalytics and I can spawn without problems. If I load PlayerAnalytics I can't spawn.
With the Scaleform UI the only way to get into the server is by restarting the game, and joining the server straight away. If you disconnect you can't get back in (it seems). Even after unloading EVERY plugin.
Interesting thing: typing SM or META in the client console will not give me a response

EDIT6: Reloading the map 2 times seems to fix the problem (both Panorama and Scaleform). Tried 3 times, everytime worked on the third map load.

What is happening??

At this point I really have no idea what I should do aside from reconfiguring everything from scratch D:

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by boboffuture; 07-13-2018 at 05:51. Reason: More info
VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2018 , 11:10   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #2

Same thing happen on our DM servers, not sure if there's a fix for this yet.

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
boboffuture
Old 07-13-2018 , 12:23   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #3

This gotta be at the OS level right? There are multiple servers that don't have this problem...

Wonder if somehow this can be pinpointed to a specific package installed? And if it's worth comparing installed packages on our servers. I'm gonna talk to my server provider in onder to get any help from them.

I don't expect a fix coming from Valve considering how rare this seem to be.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-13-2018 , 12:37   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #4

Which OS? Also, when was your last game update?
Old 07-13-2018 , 12:40   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
Which OS? Also, when was your last game update?
Since I don't actually own the boxes that host my server, I cannot answer this.

Last game update? Not sure what you're talking about, but client and server were re-downloaded from scratch.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2018 , 13:22   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboffuture View Post
This gotta be at the OS level right? There are multiple servers that don't have this problem...
Perhaps these people didn't update? I didn't even know there was an update, now that SPUF is gone

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 07-13-2018 at 13:23.
boboffuture
Old 07-13-2018 , 13:29   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Perhaps these people didn't update? I didn't even know there was an update, now that SPUF is gone
I also fully re-downloaded my Surf server, and 2 of my local test servers (Linux and Windows) and they worked fine. I don't think this is caused only by the lastest update, but a combination with some kinda of dependency on the OS side.

Do you also have this problem?
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2018 , 13:55   Re: Players cannot spawn since last optional Panorama update
Reply With Quote #8

I didn't even know there was an update until this thread, and after hearing your problem I definitely don't want to, so I'm not experiencing the problem.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 07-13-2018 at 13:56.