Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.3.0 (20201024)]

Post New Thread Reply   

rikka0w0
Old 07-08-2018 , 11:21   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I suggest adding/editing 3 commands:

acs_vote - Allow someone to start a vote on finale maps. Cool down can be determined via a cvar like "acs_vote_cooldown"
acs_votes - Allow someone to check the current campaign winner during finale maps as many times as they want. Can be enabled/disabled via a cvar like "acs_show_winner"
acs_forcevote - Allow admins to force-vote a campaign as the winner. Can be enabled/disabled via a cvar like "acs_admin_force"

As Mi.Cura and Mr. Man suggested, voting should only ever be on finales. And if players fail a map X times, even if it's not a finale, let the plugin automatically switch. Can be determined via cvars like "acs_max_failures" and "acs_auto_switch"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
-There's no visibility for which campaign is winning in terms of votes. Should be able to see votes in the menu somewhere.
I will definitely think about adding this feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
One more thing - the server is suddenly switching campaigns all over the place; I was on a custom map and the server suddenly switched over to Dead Center without warning. Also a big problem with ChrisP's original plugin was the lack of campaign/survival map separation, meaning it's currently unclear if switching from campaign to survival maps what the next set of choices are.
This is a new feature, the plugin checks the number of remaining human player on the server, if there's no one playing and the server is running an addon map, then switch the map to a official campaign map. This allows people without the addon map to join the server when it's empty.
To disable this feature, set "acs_prevent_empty_server" to 0.

Update: I forget to check the number of players when switching from an addon map, this will switch to c1m1_hotel when someone disconnects even if there are human players on the server. This problem has been fixed: https://github.com/rikka0w0/l4d2_mis...a0e494618a46e4

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-08-2018 at 11:43.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2018 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #32

Thanks, will test some more. Also, what's the difference between these two commands:

2. A new map voting system is introduced, players can use "!chmap" to initiate a vote if they want to change the map immediately.
3. A new command "!chmap2" allows players to vote when they want to switch to any map available on the server, even the target map is not the first map of a campaign.

I also was able to call a vote with !chmap in the middle of a game with 2 players and force change map... without the others being able to vote (shows 100% of 1 vote right after I called it) - that isn't really voting then?

Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-08-2018 at 13:09.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2018 , 17:08   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #33

That's dangerous since trolls and griefers can just use that command per map and force the server to change maps/campaigns whenever they want as long as nobody else votes.
Old 07-09-2018 , 02:54   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #34

Correct, so unfortunately I've had to take this version off my server and revert to ChrisP's old one.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 03:14   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #35

I haven't had time to fully read how this plugin handles map listing/naming nor look at the entire code, so please correct me if I'm wrong at any point below.

I would like to recommend creating a KeyValues file that is automatically appended with mapnames as section names, and then creating keys in each section that allow users to customize settings per map. Of course, add a default value so that not all maps would need to be configured to work. Take a look at Super Tanks++ as an example on how to create and use data from a KeyValues file. When creating an automatic campaign/map switcher plugin, it can be a delicate process to make sure that players don't have to deal with hard-coded settings. In the original version, ChrisP had users editing the source code to add campaign maps/names. It IS possible to generate the map names automatically. The only things users would have to do are to assign the Campaign names and order of maps.

Example:
PHP Code:
"c1m1_hotel"
{

"Campaign Name" "Dead Center"
     "Order" "1"
}
"c1m2_street"
{

"Campaign Name" "Dead Center"
     "Order" "2"

A file like that can be fully customizable by users and can even create a random order of maps to play through which can be fun!

The key elements to making this possible are:

1. ReadMapList()
2. KeyValues

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 07-09-2018 at 03:19.
rikka0w0
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:25   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
That's dangerous since trolls and griefers can just use that command per map and force the server to change maps/campaigns whenever they want as long as nobody else votes.
The "!chmap" and "!chmap2" is designed for my case, my friends and I play addon maps, and the vote system allow us to change map by voting. I havent thought about the misuse of these commands.

I will add a convar to control its behavior:
0 - Disable !chmap and !chmap2 (Default value)
1 - Enable, not voted is treated as NO
2 - Enable, not voted is treated as YES

Last edited by rikka0w0; 07-09-2018 at 10:26.
rikka0w0
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:37   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
I haven't had time to fully read how this plugin handles map listing/naming nor look at the entire code, so please correct me if I'm wrong at any point below.

It IS possible to generate the map names automatically.
Currently the txt files in "translations" folder only handle localization, map names (converted to lower case only, e.g. "c1m1_hotel") are used as the key. It is the same for campaign/mission name localization, except campaign name is case-sensitive (e.g. "L4D2C1" not "l4d2c1").

The order of campaigns are controlled by missioncycle.*.txt (e.g. "missioncycle.coop.txt" for coop mode), new maps will be appended to the end of that file (AUTOMATICALLY), removed/invalid maps will be ignored and the server console prompts the admin to remove them (MANUALLY). "missioncycle.*.txt" also allow admin to exclude certain maps from the campaigns cycle.

However, currently there's no way of controlling the order of individual map. I'm thinking about introducing a "weight system" to control the order of maps. I still think altering map order is rarely required.

I think it might be a good idea to add an admin command which adds missing entries to localization text files. (for campaign and map names)
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:47   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #38

Sorry but I had a question.

Now the vote for the next campaign only appears in the final maps, do you confirm?
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #39

I dont understand.

Voting continues to appear anywhere in the game. It should only be on final maps.

The rest works well, but this option of player open the vote on any map of powers to players who should not.

This plugin would be great if it simply shows the voting for the next campaign, and only at the end of each map, and nothing else.

The fact that it automatically adds the maps is incredible, but the option of
!chmap and !campaign, I find it unnecessary, could it be removed?

Admins can manage the exchange of maps with the plugin:
l4d_campaign_manager.smx

But for the other players they must use your pluguim (ACS), just my opinion

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 07-09-2018 at 14:33.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:22   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #40

Now I'm not sure if the modification has already been made.

If it has not been done, please disregard my previous post.

And I'll wait for the new version.