Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)

Post New Thread Reply   

DNP
Old 04-06-2012 , 02:32   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #11

Its good, but it would be better if there was an option that could take off where you loose points on death. i have a zombie mod server, it works but you loose points on death. also, why do you start with 1000 points? it would be better to start with 0. but, otherwise the plugin is good, and it works.
red!
Old 04-06-2012 , 05:42   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #12

Yep, it will work with any mod, but it will not support any game specific event handling for games other other than plain old CS:S. Thats the reason I tagged it counterstrike only. It's a bit odd to test for multiple games thus I do not even own them all.
Nevertheless an extra option for disabling negative points on death sounds reasonable. I think I'll implement that.

Last edited by red!; 04-06-2012 at 05:43.
DNP
Old 04-06-2012 , 14:09   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by red! View Post
Yep, it will work with any mod, but it will not support any game specific event handling for games other other than plain old CS:S. Thats the reason I tagged it counterstrike only. It's a bit odd to test for multiple games thus I do not even own them all.
Nevertheless an extra option for disabling negative points on death sounds reasonable. I think I'll implement that.
thanks! but also please fix the starting with 1000 points, it would be more realistic. you know?
red!
Old 04-06-2012 , 14:29   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #14

The ranking algorithm is inspired by hlstats. They start with 1000 points. To start with 0 points will have major impact on the ranking algorithm itself. Some scores are calculated relative to the scorers/victims/team points and it will make a hell of a difference if you divide by 0 or by 1000...
DNP
Old 04-06-2012 , 16:47   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by red! View Post
The ranking algorithm is inspired by hlstats. They start with 1000 points. To start with 0 points will have major impact on the ranking algorithm itself. Some scores are calculated relative to the scorers/victims/team points and it will make a hell of a difference if you divide by 0 or by 1000...
oh. okay well did you implement the lose point on death yet? also, i dont think it would hurt to have an option where you can choose how much you start with. but either way, just adding the var where you can change how much points you lose on death would be just fine. the 1000 points at the start isnt all that bad. just make sure you able to make the points lost on death to 0. then it would be good for zombie mod.
red!
Old 04-10-2012 , 18:51   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #16

yes, implemented it, but did not have enough time to test it right now.
I will not touch the starting points right now. The plugin will behave more stupid the lower you set them, and giving user the posilibility to configure stupid things will lead to stupid bug reports.
red!
Old 04-16-2012 , 18:48   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #17

update. Set sm_reflectToVictim to 0, to disable negative score on death.
john1
Old 06-08-2012 , 02:23   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #18

How do you load a backup copy of hstats_database.txt after deleting and reloading the plugin from scratch. It always defaults back to the newly generated file even after it overwritten.
myTh
Old 06-09-2012 , 06:05   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #19

Is it able to set it ranking by nick? My DM:M&M doesnt recognize steam ids What should I do then?
red!
Old 06-11-2012 , 18:22   Re: [CS:S] H-Stats (simple single-server player skill stats)
Reply With Quote #20

@john1: stop your server, or at least the plugin, put backup in its place, restart plugin/server. Otherwise it will overwrite your data.

@myTh: sorry, currently no other authentication than steamid will work