Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Server issues

Post New Thread Reply   

wraith92
Old 04-29-2013 , 13:09   Server issues
Reply With Quote #1

So, let's begin with the issues:
1. I keep getting flooded by HLDS Fake Bots I added a few anti-flood plugins, but none works... Right now I use noflood.amxx, but this doesn't seem to work either. I talked with my host company and they said that they made some firewall changes and they did. Those changes worked great for ~1day till this morning when my gamecp(panel) stopped working properly, I mean: it was showing that the server was offline, even if it was online and players were playing on it, after that i contacted the host company and modified a few settings on the firewall and it worked again, but the flood came back...
2. I tried another method that i found on internet, it consisted on adding in server.cfg the following lines: sv_allowupload 0
sv_allowdownload 1 and installing SteamBans. After I installed this, it didn't work, but it made it worse, by worse I mean: some players couldn't connect to the server, they didn't get any error, it just showed to them that the server is offline even if it was online and other players we're playing on it. I undid the changes that I made, but it still doesn't let those players play on the server...

Anyone has any ideea how to fix those 2? Mainly I need to fix the 2nd issue, since some players can't connect to the server.
Some info about the server:
-I run PaintBall mod: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=78548
-The server is updated.
-I have dProto 0.9.8.7(think it's the latest, if not please give me a link for it please)

Thanks for you time and I really hope you can help me solve this issues! Also I'm sorry for the huge freaking novel I just wrote, but i like to give as many details as possible.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-29-2013 , 13:11   Re: Server issues
Reply With Quote #2

Remove dproto and update your server using SteamCMD

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
wraith92
Old 04-29-2013 , 13:24   Re: Server issues
Reply With Quote #3

Isn't there any other option? I wouldn't want to make the server Steam only yet, since it's new and it didn't gather so many "active" players, yet. Thank you!
joshknifer
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2013 , 13:28   Re: Server issues
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith92 View Post
Isn't there any other option? I wouldn't want to make the server Steam only yet, since it's new and it didn't gather so many "active" players, yet. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Here are 5 threads about your issue, take your pick...

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5