3% 

FF2 Unofficial Freak Fortress | Unsupported

Post New Thread Reply   

Batfoxkid
Old 02-09-2019 , 13:06   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.6
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwindow View Post
much appreciated unoffical update,hope it works on my server(even thr it means i gotta edit it again for my custom stuff)

do you accpet donations?:thonk:
No problem, myself is not taking donations, but I am co-owner of a FF2 server and donating to that helps keep it up. (Plus it's the only place I can test updates with players myself, rip)
Old 02-09-2019 , 14:53   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.6
Reply With Quote #12

got it,any chance that ff2_bow_dmg could be changed to headshot only?since there are many other ways of snipers getting crits(e.g amp,taunt crit)
Batfoxkid
Old 02-09-2019 , 15:25   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.6
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwindow View Post
got it,any chance that ff2_bow_dmg could be changed to headshot only?since there are many other ways of snipers getting crits(e.g amp,taunt crit)
Sure, I'll make an option for bows to be crit boosted or not with how much critical shots do.
Old 03-03-2019 , 14:54   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.8
Reply With Quote #14

Well 1.17.9 is taking a long time now, but for good reason that will hopefully benefit everyone.

Last edited by Batfoxkid; 03-04-2019 at 15:07. Reason: YouTube BB Code: *exists*
Batfoxkid
Old 04-03-2019 , 21:30   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #15

1.17.10 is now out, mainly a bug fix update. Only really added 'theme' option for bosses. I was also going to have sappers included in this update but they still need fixing. Next update will include a subplugin, Transnational Syntax, etc.

Also if your wondering about the sapper thing:
Old 05-05-2019 , 02:34   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #16

Yo, i just wanted to say, thanks for creating this.

I used to help manage the server the original fork by shadow was used on, and it was a massive disaster of broken code and terrible decisions. To see someone take that fork, after the main alliedmodders freak fortress plugin was essentially abandoned, then update it to be less terrible and frankly the best possible fork publicly available out there, is an admirable effort.

I do have to ask, however. I noticed the version on your server currently seems to be newer than this version. I could be wrong, but if that is the case, is there any ETA of a release for it, or is it not going to get a public release? Im just wondering as im currently attempting to help revive the original server that shadow's fork originated from(BBG), and I would like to know if I should keep an eye on this thread for new versions/releases.
Batfoxkid
Old 05-05-2019 , 02:44   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Haxray View Post
Yo, i just wanted to say, thanks for creating this.

I used to help manage the server the original fork by shadow was used on, and it was a massive disaster of broken code and terrible decisions. To see someone take that fork, after the main alliedmodders freak fortress plugin was essentially abandoned, then update it to be less terrible and frankly the best possible fork publicly available out there, is an admirable effort.
Wow, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Haxray View Post
I do have to ask, however. I noticed the version on your server currently seems to be newer than this version. I could be wrong, but if that is the case, is there any ETA of a release for it, or is it not going to get a public release? Im just wondering as im currently attempting to help revive the original server that shadow's fork originated from(BBG), and I would like to know if I should keep an eye on this thread for new versions/releases.
I do intentionally have newest build versions on my server so if something goes wrong I can fix it right away then having another server try dealing with the issue. And the newest (stable) version is coming out tomorrow, of course the GitHub respiratory already has the current build version if you want to use it.
Old 05-05-2019 , 11:07   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #18

Batfoxkid. Hello, have you noticed that with 1.17.10 and using the FF2 Admin Menu https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ff2+admin+menu

the it breaks the option 2 "Boss Pack selection" ?
Thoughts of the features of the admin menu being incorporated into the FF2 plugin?
ps. I'm with Cpt.Haxray and shadow == the bbg group.

menu image working with official FF2 version

broken with 1.17.10

Have you noticed this on your server / test server?
I run Linux by the way and I am pretty sure this is due to unofficial plugin (or incompatibility with FF2 AdminMenu)

thoughts? backchannel if you wish.

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 05-05-2019 at 11:07.
Batfoxkid
Old 05-05-2019 , 11:37   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Batfoxkid. Hello, have you noticed that with 1.17.10 and using the FF2 Admin Menu https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ff2+admin+menu

Thoughts of the features of the admin menu being incorporated into the FF2 plugin?

http://bigbanggamers.net/temp/orig1.jpg

broken with 1.17.10
http://bigbanggamers.net/temp/unofficial.jpg

I run Linux by the way and I am pretty sure this is due to unofficial plugin (or incompatibility with FF2 AdminMenu)

Because the admin menu is checking in configs/freak_fortress_2/ for characters.cfg when it's in data folder, eg.

PHP Code:
public Action:MenuChooseBosspack(clientargs)
{
    static 
String:config[PLATFORM_MAX_PATH];

BuildPath(Path_SMconfigPLATFORM_MAX_PATH"configs/freak_fortress_2/characters.cfg");
    new 
Handle:Kv=CreateKeyValues("");

FileToKeyValues(Kvconfig); 
And I never really notice this because my server doesn't use boss packs and I just do everything via client console.
Old 05-05-2019 , 13:21   Re: Unofficial Freak Fortress | 1.17.10
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post

broken with 1.17.10

you tried the command ff2_charset?
My Discord: JuegosPablo#0568