Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Duplicate of server listed

Post New Thread Reply   

pabertay
Old 10-16-2023 , 11:59   [CSGO] Duplicate of server listed
Reply With Quote #1

I am running a server locally on a Windows machine using SRCDS. When I look for the server through the in-game server browser, the server appears twice in the list (see attached screenshot). This was the case before I installed sourcemod.

One of the server listings I am able to join, while trying to join the other results in being told 'Server is not responding'. For the latter, the infobox for the server has an IP address in the field for the server name (despite the name appearing in the list menu). The port after this IP address is also different to the port on the IP address of the server that is functional.

Is it normal to see two servers in the list? This is not a big problem for me as I work on my mods, but when I aim to invite players, I do not want them confused by a server with the correct name that they cannot join - i.e., preferably just the server that works is listed.

I have restarted my computer and made sure to just spin up one instance of the server but still see this result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duplicate-server.png
Views:	109
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	201892  
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2023 , 13:05   Re: [CSGO] Duplicate of server listed
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabertay View Post
I am running a server locally on a Windows machine using SRCDS. When I look for the server through the in-game server browser, the server appears twice in the list (see attached screenshot). This was the case before I installed sourcemod.

One of the server listings I am able to join, while trying to join the other results in being told 'Server is not responding'. For the latter, the infobox for the server has an IP address in the field for the server name (despite the name appearing in the list menu). The port after this IP address is also different to the port on the IP address of the server that is functional.

Is it normal to see two servers in the list? This is not a big problem for me as I work on my mods, but when I aim to invite players, I do not want them confused by a server with the correct name that they cannot join - i.e., preferably just the server that works is listed.

I have restarted my computer and made sure to just spin up one instance of the server but still see this result.
Check if they both have the same port. This usually happened to me, but one was the server and the other was the GOTV.

Try disabling GOTV and see if that helps.
pabertay
Old 10-27-2023 , 11:35   Re: [CSGO] Duplicate of server listed
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Try disabling GOTV and see if that helps.
Yup, that was the reason. Thank you.

Wonder if I wanted to have GOTV available, how I could give it a different name to distinguish it in the server list. I guess I'll do a bit of Googling!
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2023 , 17:58   Re: [CSGO] Duplicate of server listed
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabertay View Post
Yup, that was the reason. Thank you.

Wonder if I wanted to have GOTV available, how I could give it a different name to distinguish it in the server list. I guess I'll do a bit of Googling!
Test these commands.
PHP Code:
tv_title "GOTV SERVER"     // Set title for GOTV viewer UI
tv_name "GOTV SERVER"      // GOTV host name