[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2011 , 08:21   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Update: I installed Damizean's Dodgeball and it seems to run fine: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1262456

Also no conflict with randomizer.
Yep, Damizean's Dodgeball plugin works fine for me too. Going to leave it running for a bit to test stability etc.

- Lob (UK)
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2011 , 11:57   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #352

I playtested today with someone but it has a problem, the rockets only go to the player who first connected. It doens't seem like a difficult thing to fix but until that it can't be used. Does that happen for you too Lob?
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2011 , 12:25   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
I playtested today with someone but it has a problem, the rockets only go to the player who first connected. It doens't seem like a difficult thing to fix but until that it can't be used. Does that happen for you too Lob?
Both rockets were firing fine when we tested mate. Sometimes the same Team End rocket would fire a few times until a player on that team had been killed and then it would fire the opposite Rocket again. I also had to make a few adjustments in the general.cfg. "turn rate" for instance needed changing because some rockets on some maps did not have enough distance to turn when they fired out so i adjusted the rate.

One other thing is that the Rockets didnt start firing until there were at least 2 players on the Server so in other words the first player that joins will basically have nothing to do until another joins. No big problem that though as some maps are arena type anyway.

Other than that, everything seemed to be working fine and the Server is still stable so far although there hasnt been many people on it again yet to give it a proper test.

- Lob (UK)
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-21-2011 , 12:48   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #354

Pushed the updated version to the server.
Had a typo in the Windows gamedata (as I said, it was 5AM) and needed to rebuild the Windows version (as I also said might need to be done).
Sorry for the delay, I have final exams in a few weeks and am really busy.
Old 04-21-2011 , 14:38   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Pushed the updated version to the server.
Had a typo in the Windows gamedata (as I said, it was 5AM) and needed to rebuild the Windows version (as I also said might need to be done).
Sorry for the delay, I have final exams in a few weeks and am really busy.
Linux version is ok? What i mean is that is the current version newer that the one you posted before (the one i downloaded and it worked fine as i said).
Old 04-21-2011 , 15:02   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
Linux version is ok? What i mean is that is the current version newer that the one you posted before (the one i downloaded and it worked fine as i said).
There were no changes that affected Linux, the one posted before is the same.
(There will be post coming soon detailing some changes to how future updates are handled, it's getting a bit long )
Old 04-21-2011 , 15:59   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #357

Thanks to the awesome Allied Modders team (especially psychonic), TFDodgeball now has automatic gamedata updating via SourceMod's built-in gamedata updater.
While I know this isn't very useful for this last update, since new binaries were required, there have been numerous updates in the past where only gamedata has needed to be changed.
SourceMod will automatically ensure you have the latest gamedata files for TFDB on startup, ensuring your server is working again as quickly as possible after an update and with the least amount of effort on your part.

There is also now automatic building for both Windows and Linux. Previously only Linux builds were done automatically, requiring me to do the Windows ones manually.
Note that the extension filename in the snapshots is tfdodgeball.ext.2.ep2v, this is different from the currently released version (will be changing in the next release), so make sure you manually delete the old one if you use them (which I do not advise).

Last edited by asherkin; 04-21-2011 at 16:18.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2011 , 19:13   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #358

Hi asherkin,

Tested on Windows and all is working fine again now.

Thanks and great news with the auto updating gamedata files.

- Lob (UK)
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-29-2011 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #359

Hi, can someone upload a zip of all of the updated maps? That way we don't have to search through the entire thread... Thanks!
Velture
Old 04-30-2011 , 14:58   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #360

wrong topic - delete this plz

Last edited by Velture; 04-30-2011 at 15:05.