Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Best Tools (Java Script & C++)

Post New Thread Reply   

Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-18-2016 , 07:51   Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
Can you suggest me best tools to train or learn java script and c++

Last edited by Relaxing; 02-26-2017 at 10:09.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2016 , 10:20   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #2

Notepad++ can do the job using the correct plugins. Otherwise, there is Visual Studio wich is cool, but not free. Also, NetBeans is correct, not good, but it does the job.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-18-2016 , 10:58   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Notepad++ can do the job using the correct plugins. Otherwise, there is Visual Studio wich is cool, but not free. Also, NetBeans is correct, not good, but it does the job.
Visual Studio 2015 Community is full-featured and completely free. I believe that you only need a Microsoft account, you may not even need that.

And for Javascript, I just LOVE using Visual Studio Code. It's much more lightweight than Visual Studio as it wasn't made to be an IDE, but more something like Sublime Text. It's maintained by Microsoft, it's multi-platform and I've been using it for months and had no trouble and crashes with it, and it continuously gets updates. It is especially good if you are writing for Node.js.
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2016 , 12:02   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #4

https://www.youtube.com/user/derekbanas/playlists
Great beginner tutorials on many programming languages.

Sublime Text is my favorite editor hands down for everything except Android and C(#/++). NP++ is a good, free alternative.

Last edited by Black Rose; 09-18-2016 at 16:58.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2016 , 13:38   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #5

I agree with,
Quote:
when you struggle with pointers, your program produces the line Segmentation Fault and you have no idea what’s going on, until you stop and take a deep breath and really try to force your mind to work at two different levels of abstraction simultaneously
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2005/12/29/the-perils-of-javaschools-2/

Quote:
I want my ER doctor to understand anatomy, even if all she has to do is put the computerized defibrillator nodes on my chest and push the big red button, and I want programmers to know programming down to the CPU level, even if Ruby on Rails does read your mind and build a complete Web 2.0 social collaborative networking site for you with three clicks of the mouse.
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2006/10/25/the-guerrilla-guide-to-interviewing-version-30/

For C++, `Eclipse IDE` with the right plugins is a awesome. NetBeans is not as good, but VisualStudio has also good features.
Summarizing, use both `Eclipse IDE with the gcc compiler` and `VisualStudio with the MSVC/VC++ compiler`. Why? Because is always good to have two point of views. However you should know how to simultaneously configure/setup both IDEs to be able to edit and run on the same project and files at the same time. On this requisite, `VisualStudio` is not handy (at least, it was not some time ago), because every new file on the project you need to drag and drop over the project. This happens because to run a project using both IDEs, you need to setup the project files (source code) to a external location to both `Eclise IDE` and `VisualStudio` projects. For eclipse, is just to point to a link and it automatically detect all files.

But as you are beginning, using only `VisualStudio` should be easier, and when you want to more power, go with `Eclipse IDE`. And when you start programming daily on several languages, go with `Sublime Text`.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 02-26-2017 at 17:47.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-18-2016 , 13:46   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #6

Linux Subsystem for Windows FTW
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 09-24-2016 , 14:09   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #7

To learn Javascript or C++ , Check SoloLearn Apps For Android/iOS. They're really useful and easy to understand.
Old 09-26-2016 , 09:22   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #8

Are you planning to use both languages in the same project? If that's the case, you should re-think it (except if you are planning to do something like a web-based offline compiler or similar).

Last edited by Neeeeeeeeeel.-; 09-26-2016 at 09:23.
Send a message via Skype™ to Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2017 , 10:06   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #9

I personally think that learning both these languages I can perform better at Pawn.
Old 02-26-2017 , 10:32   Re: Best Tools (Java Script & C++)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
I personally think that learning both these languages I can perform better at Pawn.
Yeah learning a high level programming language as a beginning is totally the best choice.