Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Would like to try my hand at a theme

Post New Thread Reply   

durangod
Old 02-09-2017 , 04:24   Would like to try my hand at a theme
Reply With Quote #1

I am considering trying my hand at a theme for sourcebans. I have never done a theme for this before but i have worked with smarty and i do other mods/plugins for other software. So it may be a learning curve but ill put it out for free just to have more choices available since i cant find anything i like so far that is available on the market. As a matter of fact available custom themes for sourcebans is like searching for a fly taking off with a hotdog, just not found...

I would like to start off by taking the default theme from the software and change the colors via css and then get more into more drastic changes modding the tpl files themselves.

I assume that with the new 2.0 rekindled version under developement, this version is probably not going to explode with custom themes anymore. However the new version might, and it might even have some nice default themes out of the box.

Anyway i am asking for permission to use the default theme for my first venture here, i realize its open source but i always like to ask anyway, its the professional thing to do

I am assuming there is no workshop or tutorial about building themes, so i am also assuming its just the tpl files themselves that make up the themes (or whatever is in the theme files) meaning that there are no main files involved outside of the theme folder itself. But i shall find out.

So first things first, do i have your blessing to continue and see where it takes me?

Thanks so much..

Dave

Last edited by durangod; 02-09-2017 at 04:25.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:40   Re: Would like to try my hand at a theme
Reply With Quote #2

SourceBans 2.0 now uses Twig instead of Smarty, so the themes are not compatible, but the syntax is not that difficult to learn. Also development is currently on hold because we don't have a designer to make a theme, and the paid themes offered on ThemeForest etc. cannot be used in open source work, unless you pay a lot more. So yes, if you're willing to make a theme for 2.0 you have my blessing