Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[FoF/ND] Guns Menu

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-22-2014 , 14:06   [FoF/ND] Guns Menu
Reply With Quote #1

Code shamelessly ripped from the Insurgency Guns menu plugin.

Notes
- Most everything is already coded in. The Fistful of Frags weapon names still need to be finalized as some are just educated guesses by me.
- Some of the Nuclear Dawn weapons may not work properly. The commands do indeed work but the weapons won't be given. If I remember correctly, the "Level 2" weapons are a good example of this. I can't really remember as I coded up the ND Guns Menu plugin ages ago, and only recently created the FoF Guns Menu plugin.
- Some of the Nuclear Dawn weapons are not meant to be used on other classes, so you're gonna end up with fucked up viewmodels if you try to give yourself a spy knife as any other class than the spy class.
- When giving yourself a weapon, you'll see the "sv_cheats has been enabled/disabled" messages twice in a row (i.e. four messages in total; "has been enabled", "has been disabled", "has been enabled", "has been disabled"). Not sure how to stop this from happening. It doesn't happen with the Insurgency Guns Menu plugin.
- Commands in both plugins are public access. This is how it was in the Insurgency Guns Menu, so if you want CheckCommandAccess stuff, or admin-only commands or stuff like "admin-only weapons", you'll have to recode the plugins yourself.
- FISTFUL OF FRAGS IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU NEED TO USE SOURCEMOD 1.6. 1.5.3 DOES NOT WORK WITH FISTFUL OF FRAGS. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING 1.6 (aka the version you use for DotA 2) BEFORE USING THE PLUGIN.

To whomever releases these publicly in the New Plugins section: Feel free to add credit to me if you want, I couldn't care either way. Both plugins are essentially complete and ready for release, but I just don't feel like further supporting either plugin with requested features and I can't be arsed to release them myself because I know I'm gonna get 50 messages from people wanting me to add things like CheckCommandAccess, access override commands, admin-only commands, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (fof_guns.sp - 423 views - 3.1 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (nd_guns.sp - 406 views - 5.8 KB)

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-22-2014 at 14:11.
necavi
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2014 , 00:53   Re: [FoF/ND] Guns Menu
Reply With Quote #2

Easiest method to fix the message spam would be to just strip FCVAR_NOTIFY before changing sv_cheats, then restoring it afterwards
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-25-2014 , 18:57   Re: [FoF/ND] Guns Menu
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by necavi View Post
Easiest method to fix the message spam would be to just strip FCVAR_NOTIFY before changing sv_cheats, then restoring it afterwards
Example plox?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-26-2014 , 04:07   Re: [FoF/ND] Guns Menu
Reply With Quote #4

Even if you're not interested in supporting it, it's still a plugin and thus belongs in the plugins forum.
Old 06-27-2014 , 18:15   Re: [FoF/ND] Guns Menu
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Even if you're not interested in supporting it, it's still a plugin and thus belongs in the plugins forum.
Aww. Fine. Guess I'll make threads for both.