Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Source mod ideas *please read*

Post New Thread Reply   

Slinky
Old 10-09-2004 , 03:24   Source mod ideas *please read*
Reply With Quote #1

1. If the source mod is very similar to amx i would like to see all of the modules for amx built in such as fun module, vexdum, xtrafun, so that we can turn off when needed and so on if possible.

2. I would like to see a built in feature like that we can turn off so it says like humiliation for knife, then like doublekill, multikill, ultrakill, mosterkill and so on like in some amx versions.

3. Autoinstallers for people that do not know how to install the program or cannot figure out the readme if there will be one.

4. Built in clan tag protection [to where it might be as simple as for instace amx_tagprotect 1... and in the amx.cfg would be like amx_protecttag "-)phpbb(-"
(im not sure how the config files will be setup or if they will be even called amx but thats just an example) this plugin was also requested here http://www.sourcemod.net/~sourcemod/...topic.php?t=23
Old 10-09-2004 , 10:44  
Reply With Quote #2

i also would like built in sounds and stuff. also firstblood, but it only says firstblood at the very first kill.
K2
Old 10-09-2004 , 19:53  
Reply With Quote #3

I dont think 'built-in' is the way to go on a lot of things. To keep upgrades and bug fixes as easy as possible, it'd be best to develop sourcemod with some key core functions, and keep the rest as plug-ins. That way admins can pick and choose exactly what they want to use.

The more parts something has, the more things that can go wrong... ;)
Slinky
Old 10-09-2004 , 23:03  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
i also would like built in sounds and stuff. also firstblood, but it only says firstblood at the very first kill
ya that would be included also

Quote:
I dont think 'built-in' is the way to go on a lot of things
well i thought there was an amxmodx that had these sounds built in and there was no problems with it (the sounds one could be built in but the others are just plugin "ides" hence the "ideas section of teh forums" where i have posted :p
Old 10-10-2004 , 01:18  
Reply With Quote #5

yea, i agree....it would be easier for bug fixes if they just kept erything as plugins...but i still think they need a deagle-type map manager built in..(most ppl use atleast something like that...so it'd be easier)
[FuzionMonkey]
Old 10-10-2004 , 16:26  
Reply With Quote #6

the sounds in amxmodx didnt work very well.....
Radianation
Old 10-10-2004 , 21:31  
Reply With Quote #7

Keep it simple and streamlined with all the fancy extras as plugins. I like to know that I can setup the barebones SourceMod and then add only what is required for my server.

Any ability to simply DISABLE SourceMod completely without restarting the server would be great. This would come in handy for league purposes where they may not allow SourceMod to be used.

I'm not interested in all of the extra stuff that makes the game unrealistic. I want core features (changelevel, restartround, manual team balancing, simple damage stats at end of round).

Speaking of which - none of the mods I've used ever worked correctly for allowing me to move a player from team a to team b. Dunno why, but that's really nice. Weapon restrictions can come in handy too (with simple auto modes where you can do pistols only or no awps, etc).
Old 10-11-2004 , 21:27  
Reply With Quote #8

LOL AND THEN ADD IT SO YOU CAN KNIFE A SKULK AND HAVE TEXT COME UP IN BIG LARGE FONT THAT SAYS HUMILIATION AND THEN SAY HUMILIATION BECAUSE THEY SHOULD BE HUMILIaTED AND IT IS FUNNY LOL
gorn
Old 10-12-2004 , 07:42   slim core
Reply With Quote #9

i guess its a pretty good idea to restrict the sourcemod core to a few important features but give it a high extensibility by providing an extensive api.

once the api is done, i have no doubt there will soon be implementations to use it via java, delphi, whatsoever. this surely would distribute a lot of work away from the core developer team, as other groups may extend sourcemod on their own.
e.g. the webfrontend could simply be a completely separated plugin, which only uses the api to remote the sourcemod core.

btw, i'm really looking forward to this mod! ;-)
SK
Old 10-12-2004 , 11:16  
Reply With Quote #10

Maybe consentrate on admin commands rather than fun plugins etc.
People can script these sorts of plugins.