Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Valve's request to CS:GO community owners

Post New Thread Reply   

skinheadxtreme
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2015 , 10:46   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #91

Does anyone know if VALVE has somekind of TOS where this is stated? That they can take action in case of these kind of plugins is used?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-14-2015 , 10:57   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinheadxtreme View Post
Does anyone know if VALVE has somekind of TOS where this is stated? That they can take action in case of these kind of plugins is used?
They don't need any TOS to stop providing your severs with a master serving listing.
Old 07-14-2015 , 11:13   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
They don't need any TOS to stop providing your severs with a master serving listing.
So any new plugin that comes out they can just release an announcement (wich most communitys don't even know about that exists) that they dont want it in any servers and thats it? I wish cs:go would have become unsuported like cs 1.6 at least even thought it would have its problems people were free to create anything with amxmodx and won't have to deal with the restrictions of VALVE because this won't end here on the skins/knifes since they made their point that they don't want community servers with a massive numbers of players soon more sourcemod stuff will be "not allowed" oh well its Valve expected $$

Last edited by skinheadxtreme; 07-14-2015 at 11:16.
KissLick
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 12:46   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
So any new plugin that comes out they can just release an announcement (wich most communitys don't even know about that exists) that they dont want it in any servers and thats it? I wish cs:go would have become unsuported like cs 1.6 at least even thought it would have its problems people were free to create anything with amxmodx and won't have to deal with the restrictions of VALVE because this won't end here on the skins/knifes since they made their point that they don't want community servers with a massive numbers of players soon more sourcemod stuff will be "not allowed" oh well its Valve expected $$
Well, we can do whatever we want... The only problem here (which showed up right now) is doing something what modify paid stuff in game.
skinheadxtreme
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2015 , 14:41   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissLick View Post
Well, we can do whatever we want... The only problem here (which showed up right now) is doing something what modify paid stuff in game.
How about the coins and ranks? Why did they have to put these two under the same as skins/knifes? Lets see what comes next to be "forbiden"
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2015 , 14:48   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
How about the coins and ranks? Why did they have to put these two under the same as skins/knifes? Lets see what comes next to be "forbiden"
I dunno about for CS:GO, but for TF2, lying about things in the scoreboard has been a delistable offense for years now.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-14-2015 at 14:49.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-14-2015 , 16:10   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
How about the coins and ranks? Why did they have to put these two under the same as skins/knifes?
Because they're the same thing - all items in the Steam economy / CS:GO Steam inventory.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-14-2015 at 16:10.
KissLick
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 17:20   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Coins are paid for, but I can imagine use ranks in plugins (lvls in zombie escapes, rank on surf servers etc.).
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2017 , 09:26   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprilo View Post
Hey everyone,

As some of you are already aware, Vitaliy Genkin has sent a request to the CS:GO community http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffens..._to_community/

I'm curious as to everyone's stances and opinions on this are? Server owners? The plugin authors? AlliedMods as a whole?
The current status is very bad. There are so many servers out that are running those plugins and pulling all the players from legit servers. The only thing Valve achieved is to smaller the amount of good running AND good setup servers.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-19-2017 , 19:48   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I dunno about for CS:GO, but for TF2, lying about things in the scoreboard has been a delistable offense for years now.
Something I just noticed in that support article you linked to. They have a list of things that Quickplay servers should not have, and that list is considered to be things that are ok for non-Quickplay (but if they're used on Quickplay, the guide suggests de-listing your server from Quickplay). One such "ok" item is "Granting or modifying economy items, or taking actions that devalue players' items, or interfering with the TF2 economy". Basically, for TF2, custom weapon plugins are ok. That's very good to know.

Also, in regards to scoreboard stuff; I did very recently try messing about on my TF2 sandbox server with the contract coin netprop (I forget the name of it) but no matter what number I set it to, it consistently just displayed the current coin I have. Guessing Valve thought about that for TF2 and made it so it can't be changed...either that or I was doing it wrong.

Oh and I wasn't being malicious in my messing around, I just wanted to see if there was any hidden "coins" and also trying to see if there was any way of setting up a system that would allow players to choose which coin to display on the scoreboard though I couldn't figure out how to make a check to verify the player actually has earned the coin and can thus switch to it, so I gave up on that idea. I don't know Valve's stance on something like that, though I do know people have frequently requested the ability to choose which owned coin to display.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-19-2017 at 19:50.