Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2018 , 21:21   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashrock2 View Post
And can I play the casual mode with this mod?
What is "casual mode"? If it's a plugin then yes, it should work.
Old 12-31-2018 , 08:15   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #952

This plugin is just awesome but it's a suggestion please add nominate mod option means player can nominate mods which will appear in mod. "say nom gg"
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2018 , 20:43   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #953

How many mods do you have? I never anticipated more than a handful of mods. Regardless, it's unlikely that I be adding this feature.
Old 02-28-2019 , 14:09   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #954

Hello fysiks, there is something that is bothering me in all multimod plugins I have already test it (joropito, addons_zz), is that settings are not loaded in plugin_precache(). Why I say this? Because in Half-Life, when you are playing in Team Deathmatch (mp_teamplay 1), mp_teamlist value is only taken in plugin_precache(), so if you don't load settings in that precise moment, there is no effect, can you help me with this?

Also, I found that cvars or cmds are not being parsed correctly when they contains a semicolon, e.g.

Code:
[cfg]
mp_teamlist "barney;robot"
When you retrieve the value, you only get "barney"

Last edited by rtxa; 02-28-2019 at 14:09.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2019 , 23:13   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Hello fysiks, there is something that is bothering me in all multimod plugins I have already test it (joropito, addons_zz), is that settings are not loaded in plugin_precache(). Why I say this? Because in Half-Life, when you are playing in Team Deathmatch (mp_teamplay 1), mp_teamlist value is only taken in plugin_precache(), so if you don't load settings in that precise moment, there is no effect, can you help me with this?

Also, I found that cvars or cmds are not being parsed correctly when they contains a semicolon, e.g.

Code:
[cfg]
mp_teamlist "barney;robot"
When you retrieve the value, you only get "barney"
In general, cvars should be loaded in plugin_cfg() (which is by it's nature, sometime after precache) which is probably why you see the same issue in all of the plugins that you mentioned. I am not aware of this specific setting or why it would need to be set prior to plugin_cfg() (I've never played HLDM).

I'm not sure what the best solution would be if you need to set it so soon (none of the files for Polymorph are loaded when plugin_precache() executes IIRC). Creating a special plugin that does it in precache might be an option depending on when you change it (i.e. is it different for each mod that you run?)

Traditionally in an INI file, the semicolon is used to denote the beginning of a comment (which is what I assume in the code and I don't do extra checks to see if it happens to be in between matching quotes). So, when the plugin loads the file, it thinks that the semicolon is a comment. The solution to this problem will likely depend on what is done to fix the first.

So, how often does this value get changed and in what circumstances? Would it work if it was set at the end of the previous map?

Last edited by fysiks; 02-28-2019 at 23:16.
rtxa
Old 03-01-2019 , 01:36   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
In general, cvars should be loaded in plugin_cfg() (which is by it's nature, sometime after precache) which is probably why you see the same issue in all of the plugins that you mentioned. I am not aware of this specific setting or why it would need to be set prior to plugin_cfg() (I've never played HLDM).

I'm not sure what the best solution would be if you need to set it so soon (none of the files for Polymorph are loaded when plugin_precache() executes IIRC). Creating a special plugin that does it in precache might be an option depending on when you change it (i.e. is it different for each mod that you run?)

Traditionally in an INI file, the semicolon is used to denote the beginning of a comment (which is what I assume in the code and I don't do extra checks to see if it happens to be in between matching quotes). So, when the plugin loads the file, it thinks that the semicolon is a comment. The solution to this problem will likely depend on what is done to fix the first.

So, how often does this value get changed and in what circumstances? Would it work if it was set at the end of the previous map?
Should it work if set before map ends, the cvar value is read it only once when is loading gamerules.
I think the parser should ignore ; when is enclosed with quotes.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2019 , 23:40   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #957

Quote:
Should it work if set before map ends, the cvar value is read it only once when is loading gamerules.
I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement. So, if you set the value at the end of a map, do those new settings get applied on the next map?

Quote:
I think the parser should ignore ; when is enclosed with quotes.
Yeah, probably. I've never seen a cvar that used semicolons before and nobody has ever mentioned it here before.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-01-2019 at 23:43.
rtxa
Old 03-02-2019 , 06:39   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #958

Quote:
I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement. So, if you set the value at the end of a map, do those new settings get applied on the next map?

Yeah, probably. I've never seen a cvar that used semicolons before and nobody has ever mentioned it here before.
Yes, but I'm afraid when the next map is loaded, that a cfg gets execute and overwrites that value (some owners have set mp_teamlist in server.cfg), so that's why I'm telling you that another place to apply settings will be plugin_precache(). I'm not sure is there is a better method (maybe applying settings after server.cfg gets executed).

Yeah, it's quite regular with Half-Life, most people here use these plugins only for CS 1.6. Also, the parser from game's console works that way, try typing this in console and check results:
Code:
name hgrunt;barney
Code:
name "hgrunt;barney"

Last edited by rtxa; 03-02-2019 at 06:45.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2019 , 17:04   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #959

Quote:
Yes, but I'm afraid when the next map is loaded, that a cfg gets execute and overwrites that value (some owners have set mp_teamlist in server.cfg), so that's why I'm telling you that another place to apply settings will be plugin_precache(). I'm not sure is there is a better method (maybe applying settings after server.cfg gets executed).
So, I just download DMC and did some testing. The value in server.cfg doesn't do anything for the current map. Only the value that mp_teamlist was set to on the last map is used. So, even if the value is set by a plugin or manually at the end of a map, that will be the value used on the next map (and not the value in server.cfg).

Loading mod-specific plugins is exactly the same way so I imagine that I'd be able to set it when the plugins are configured. I'll look into something.

EDIT: Looks like I already did this 4 years ago. That should work for you.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-02-2019 at 17:50.
rtxa
Old 03-04-2019 , 18:43   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #960

Quote:
So, I just download DMC and did some testing. The value in server.cfg doesn't do anything for the current map. Only the value that mp_teamlist was set to on the last map is used. So, even if the value is set by a plugin or manually at the end of a map, that will be the value used on the next map (and not the value in server.cfg).

Loading mod-specific plugins is exactly the same way so I imagine that I'd be able to set it when the plugins are configured. I'll look into something.

EDIT: Looks like I already did this 4 years ago. That should work for you.
Thanks for the patch, but still has the issue with the parser.
PD. Another issue, plugins are being disabled after plugin_precache(), that will make users download resources from another mod unnecessarily, any ideas? I think plugin should not even reach that.

Last edited by rtxa; 03-04-2019 at 19:20.