Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6

Post New Thread Reply   

CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2009 , 04:15   Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #1

I setup a server for a client tonight who wanted a 1000fps cs 1.6 server. The server fluctuates quite a bit between 500-1000fps which I found rather odd. Im looking for possible ideas to stabalize the FPS around 1000 for him.

Its definitely not a hardware issue (dual quad nehalem 5520, 12gb ram, etc) just to clear that up. Its running on Windows Server 2008 with HPET enabled (obviously since it is reaching 1000fps).

My first assumption was that it might be because I did not have it assigned to a core. I figured maybe it was dropping when Windows was bouncing it between cores. Assigning it to a single core didnt help at all though. I also set CPU Priority to high, which also did nothing to help stabalize the FPS.

Theres pretty much nothing else running on the machine so I am pretty much out of ideas and hoping you guys might have some suggestions. My only guess now is it might be some of his plugins. Hes running a HNS Blockmaker mod (I believe thats the name) which just from a glance looked like it could possibly cause issues with unstable FPS.

*Edit*

Would like to add I just tried setting +sys_ticrate to 0 instead of 10000 and that didnt help. It actually sat at around 333 fps so it was worse off than it was before.

Last edited by CrimsonGT; 10-25-2009 at 04:47.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2009 , 13:19   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #2

Solved it, seems his 50+ plugins would be the cause. I disabled AMXX and it ran completely stable. Just throwing this out if anyone runs into this problem and stumbles across the thread. I should have checked this first, but wasnt thinking straight.
Old 10-25-2009 , 15:26   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #3

LOL, It's not the game Counter-Strike anymore is it? I find it ridiculous on how people can mod a game so much, it turns to another game. Next time, they ask why their CS server is so slow, say "We offer 1000FPS CS servers, clearly that's not CS anymore, so we are not responsible."

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
izzle
Old 10-25-2009 , 15:54   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
LOL, It's not the game Counter-Strike anymore is it? I find it ridiculous on how people can mod a game so much, it turns to another game. Next time, they ask why their CS server is so slow, say "We offer 1000FPS CS servers, clearly that's not CS anymore, so we are not responsible."
no.
savagekid
Old 10-25-2009 , 16:19   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #5

Yes...

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2009 , 01:00   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
Solved it, seems his 50+ plugins would be the cause. I disabled AMXX and it ran completely stable. Just throwing this out if anyone runs into this problem and stumbles across the thread. I should have checked this first, but wasnt thinking straight.
You should always check what your clients are running. Most of the time, it's those stuff not your hardware.
superang
Old 10-26-2009 , 09:18   Re: Help Maintaining stable FPS in CS 1.6
Reply With Quote #7

50+ plugins?
I have 73 plugins running.
But most of them are simple plugins (20 lines of code).