Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Fun Commands

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 12-26-2007 , 15:47   Re: Fun Commands

It couldn't possibly be easier for you to keep your server up to date. Most projects don't provide the level of package incrementing we offer (that is, committing each build to SVN), which is a huge strain on bandwidth and disk space. There's also documentation on upgrading in the wiki.
Old 12-26-2007 , 22:43   Re: Fun Commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69 View Post
1827 Build updates.... Will we ever see an end to this Madness?
If you have ever used mani admin you will know that when there is a bug or something you want isnt there you have to wait weeks / months for the next release and most of the time its still not there or fixed.

With sourcemod any issues are fixed or functions added within a day or two and a build released, that is a brilliant way to do it and the final result will be a well polished and stable release already tested by hundreds of server admins rather than one or two guys.
tkaway69
Old 12-27-2007 , 02:37   Re: Fun Commands

Dang... I only asked if there would ever be an end to the madness. I have been using Counter-Strike admin programs for as long as there have been admin programs for Counter-Strike. Like back in the hayday of United-Admins, Cheating-death, HLGuard, and it has been so long I dont even remember the name of the old admin site for amx-mod.I have used them all. I myself do not forsee a "final result". There will always be updates to the games we play. Inturn,, there will always have to be updates to the programs we use to admin them. Yes, SourceMod, and the team behind it are awesome. We are and should be thankfull for what they are doing. It would just be nice if when there were updates..for instance.. The update the will fix the error that I am getting with the "basefuncommads". When that update is made you should only have to download the new basefuncommands.sp compile and bam! You are done. Now lets take the update.

Code:
1825 | dvander | 2007-12-23 17:43:25 (Sun, 23 Dec 2007) 

fixed amb1308 - CommitSuicide offset changed
Now in posting this I notice that if you click the update in the internal change log, you can actually download the updated file. Now, If it is possible to just install the files or files associated with the update Then Why am I even asking "Will there ever be an end to the Madness?" Maybe If I had saw something in the wiki about how to update your sourcemod installation. Saying that this could be done I never would have asked. I try to keep up to date with all the sourcemod builds. So downloading the entire build and and configuring it to what I want and then deleting my build, and uploading the entire up to date build has gotten old.
So all I need now is for someone to say yes just click on the Build in the internal change log, and upload the file or files, and I will be happy. Oh, and then you can politely tell me to stfu.

Last edited by tkaway69; 12-27-2007 at 02:47. Reason: ranting
Send a message via AIM to tkaway69 Send a message via MSN to tkaway69 Send a message via Yahoo to tkaway69
BAILOPAN
Old 12-27-2007 , 04:38   Re: Fun Commands

Quite literally all the links to everything relevant are provided on the automated builds page. If you're getting tired of the simplified packages, go to a package repository link. There is a non-subtle assumption you are capable of researching how to use Subversion.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 12-27-2007 at 04:43.
tkaway69
Old 12-27-2007 , 11:23   Re: Fun Commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
There is a non-subtle assumption you are capable of researching how to use Subversion.
Soon I might be able to. Two more weeks and I should be able to wipe my own ass. Happy Holidays! Oh and the other old site that I could not remember was adminmod.org.

Last edited by tkaway69; 12-27-2007 at 11:29. Reason: None
Send a message via AIM to tkaway69 Send a message via MSN to tkaway69 Send a message via Yahoo to tkaway69
TFN|Nick
Old 12-27-2007 , 15:52   Re: Fun Commands

i wait a till the end of the week and just download the simplified packages, check which files have changed on the SVN, and they get uploaded. Upgrades only take about 10minutes tops with a SRCDS update as well! Nice work on the fun commands ferret!
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick
kirewv
Old 01-12-2008 , 14:48   Re: Fun Commands

Great work and have enjoyed the commands

Just a couple of additions if you please:

For commands that do not explicitly kill a player like blind, drug, beacon and freeze, could you add unblind, undrug, unbeacon and unfreeze

Sure would appreciate this.

TY
Kirewv
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-12-2008 , 14:59   Re: Fun Commands

sm_blind target 0 (0 blinding)
sm_beacon target (Should toggle it off) or sm_beacon target 0
sm_drug target (Should toggle it off) or sm_drug target 0

I wrote freeze to work like sm_burn, which also cannot be turned off once set (Until death or end of round, anyways)
Old 01-16-2008 , 21:44   Re: Fun Commands

The final argument for the toggle commands [0/1] doesn't seem to work.
Simply using...
sm_(togglecommand) <target>

... to toggle them on and off seems to work just fine however.
Caught off Guard
Old 01-17-2008 , 11:35   Re: Fun Commands

Hi,

these features dont work in Insurgency. Im not overly bothered about them so no need to sort them out for me but just making you aware as someone might need them to work on Insurgency

thanks
Closed Thread