Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Some Good News......Finaly

Post New Thread Reply   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 07-17-2004 , 19:28   Some Good News......Finaly
Reply With Quote #1

Ok i have switched from old 2.0.4 to 2.0.9.

Anyways i also installed attachment mod and i hope it works.
Only things left to do is to finish the superhero mod script and then im done.

EDIT:
I decided to leave the forum theme as default just because i like simplicity.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-17-2004 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #2

heh sorry man 2.0.10 just came out, don't know if you want to update it...

if your gonna keep this style can i suggest modifying the overall_header.tpl to change the logo at least...

edit: download is not workin, hmm. maybe check and see if the download folder has the correct permission set (chmod 755 or 777 should work i believe). Also, did you enable thumbnailing for images? it may help if someone is attaching a rather large image.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-17-2004 , 22:18  
Reply With Quote #3

damn it hate double posting, that was me. I was logged out. Um, I'll search around and see if I can find someone having similar issues...

edit: Ok i couldn't really find any answers, but you can try one of 2 things.
First maybe the download.php file was corrupted. Try reinstalling just that file you can even use the one straight from the author: http://www.opentools.de/board/viewto...p?t=262&page=4
Second, try setting the files to be "Physical" instead of "Inline" or vise versa.
That's all I could come up with for now, but I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything else. Oh and maybe upgrade to 2.0.10 cause 9 had some bugs, but i've seen it work on both versions...
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 07-18-2004 , 00:19  
Reply With Quote #4

Well I asked a friend (cause im too damn tired to think) he said:
Quote:
It's probably a php error, but you got php error displaying off. So it's being logged someplace, either that or..... there's extra space in a config file. But it's prob an error.
which makes sense and I should have thought of that... but whatever. Lemme know what it is if you fix it.
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 07-18-2004 , 00:51  
Reply With Quote #5

you need to set cookie values in admin settings
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 07-18-2004 , 02:10  
Reply With Quote #6

There we go. fixed it.
Problem was that i misspeled the directory name (forgot the s in forums)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-18-2004 , 03:50  
Reply With Quote #7

that's cool at least it's workin now... but you might want to upgrage to 2.0.10 cause when a post is one post away from makin a new page in 9 it make a second blank page that is screwed up... I think that's why the forums were messed up before. At least I've seen this happen on another site with 9...

edit: you could prob test it by makin this post go to 2 pages, since there isnt much but testing in here..
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-18-2004 , 03:56  
Reply With Quote #8

ok ill help to push it to 2 pages... on the news page when you click on the link for comments it doesnt go to that news post it goes to the main forum page...
Quote:
http://shero.rocks-hideout.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=9
thats not right...

Also, just thought i'd add like the superhero page nice set up download even works...
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 07-18-2004 , 04:11  
Reply With Quote #9

oh right. proly since we changed to 2.0.9 it changed.
Yes i finaly finished the superhero page now just building the control panel where i will approve/disapprove heros and even DELETE
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-18-2004 , 06:11  
Reply With Quote #10

well i wanna make sure before this forum get too far along so, im gonna spam til the next page shows up...

you can delete all this crap i do or i guess i might be able to myslef if needed...