SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING

Post New Thread Reply   

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-27-2008 , 04:19   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by riuthamus View Post
And yes, we export this to an external sql database that is for our webhost. The reason for that being.... it(s) better for the webstats that way.
It seems you mis-understood my question, I've already read through your plugin and seen that it does SQL and could connect fine to an external SQL source...

What I'm asking, is if the stats that accumulate could all be put into a local sql file and then at a certain interval get uploaded via FTP to the external source, aka a website. Which then runs a PHP script that executes the SQL information within the SQL file at intervals (Which the users would have to configure with a cronjob)

hlstatsx achieves this rather well, it lets the stats accumulate for a period of time configurable by the user, then establishes a ftp link to the website address you configure and uploads the database file.
Old 08-29-2008 , 16:32   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #22

Still getting the crash(s) and we are waiting on a response from BAIL or PRED or somebody... to see if they can help us with finding out why. In my free time I have been working on the art for the BEST OF EACH CLASS section of the rank plugin.. and here is a sneak peak at what I got soo far.

xomp
BANNED
Old 08-29-2008 , 18:41   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #23

Looks awesome man! Too bad nobody is willing to help you guys out This would be a great plugin/interface for Sourcemod but some people simply don't feel like helping others hehe

On the day it releases I'll be certainly snagging it!
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-30-2008 , 03:29   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #24

When this is functional for me I would be quite willing to use it.
Simply because it does fair statistics for Team Fortress 2 by logging everything, it doesn't just log your kills/deaths/score like hlstatsx, which is a flaw that then leads to stat whoring.

Plus being able to make server-side achievements would be fun although people would probably just sit and whore them there always the hope that they don't

But I do hope they can make it so it runs the sql in batches and transfers them by FTP, as connecting via MySQL causes some obscene and weird (and visible) in-game lagspikes when it tries to connect to the external database.
Old 08-30-2008 , 03:59   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #25

We are going to take your advice DDR and do it that way, but first we ahve to fix the crash's

riuthamus
Old 08-30-2008 , 03:59   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #26

Pred said he was going to pm me, but i havnt heard from him yet, just waiting on that...

JazzCP
Old 08-30-2008 , 11:39   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #27

I seriously can't wait for you to release an installation guide and the webserver side of things. I WANT TO TEST THIS OUT!
riuthamus
Old 08-30-2008 , 15:30   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #28

Thanks guys for all the support, but we need PRED or BAILOPAN to get in on this one... or somebody... so.. until we get that its on hold... which is really annoying. I might just release a guide on how to get everything set up web, side... to kill time

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-30-2008 , 16:26   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by riuthamus View Post
We are going to take your advice DDR and do it that way, but first we ahve to fix the crash's
I hope I didn't force a decision. It just seems to take up less system resource if done in this fashion, although it is nice to hear.

Make it configurable for the host to set the times that it intermittently updates ( ala Hlstats(x) ) and it would be very much appreciated when you manage to overcome this issue!
Old 08-30-2008 , 17:37   Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE RANKING
Reply With Quote #30

holy shit when is this comming out? its just 1 plugin to install?
oh dayumm is it already out whats that plugin do it just says comming soon