Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Tank Takeover (1.4)

Post New Thread Reply   

olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2009 , 06:51   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #11

Oh, really. Thats why it's using ghost property and life-state property. But what about finale? Killing/spawning tanks will most probably screw the whole finale script system.
Old 09-22-2009 , 09:29   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #12

1. This kill-spawn breakes finales.
2. Make your plugin compartible with KAC, please, just do anything else then using commands flagged as cheats.

UPD: I tried this plugin and now removed it.

1. I spawned as a tank. When i lose control i type /dt egor, and the tank becomes a bot.
2. I respawn as a hunter, and type /tt Tank, and tank just disappears.
Failure.

Last edited by egor1908; 09-22-2009 at 11:54.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2009 , 13:45   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
1. This kill-spawn breakes finales.
2. Make your plugin compartible with KAC, please, just do anything else then using commands flagged as cheats.

UPD: I tried this plugin and now removed it.

1. I spawned as a tank. When i lose control i type /dt egor, and the tank becomes a bot.
2. I respawn as a hunter, and type /tt Tank, and tank just disappears.
Failure.
This plugin does not ever KILL a tank. It kicks the original tank and replaces it with a new one. Now I understand that this does mess with the finale, but there isn't really anything I can do about that, unless I restrict donating, or even admin takeover of the tank during a finale.

I would think that it would be compatible due to the fact that I remove the cheat flags and give root admin to the client thats picked to spawn the tank. If it still isn't, you're outta luck because z_spawn is the only way to take control of an infected.

1. Thats because you lost the tank. You can't donate a tank once you lost it.

2. Was it versus? Versus has a 3 time tank switching restriction limit. if the tank is frustrated three times, it will disappear.

@AtomicStryker

Code:

public Action:Event_PlayerSpawn(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
// Don't bother going into this if the server does not wish to display the message
if (!Message) return Plugin_Continue;

// We get the client id and time
new client = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event, "userid"));

// If client is valid
if (client == 0) return Plugin_Continue;
if (!IsClientConnected(client)) return Plugin_Continue;
if (!IsClientInGame(client)) return Plugin_Continue;
if (IsFakeClient(client)) return Plugin_Continue;

// If player spawned on infected's team ...
if (GetClientTeam(client)==3)
{
decl String:class[100];

// we get the classtype ...
GetClientModel(client, class, sizeof(class));

if (StrContains(class, "hulk", false) != -1)
{
CreateTimer(0.1, MessageTimer, client)
}
}

return Plugin_Continue;
}
You must have missed that part Atomic.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2009 , 15:04   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
1. This plugin does not ever KILL a tank. It kicks the original tank and replaces it with a new one. Now I understand that this does mess with the finale, but there isn't really anything I can do about that, unless I restrict donating, or even admin takeover of the tank during a finale.

2. I would think that it would be compatible due to the fact that I remove the cheat flags and give root admin to the client thats picked to spawn the tank. If it still isn't, you're outta luck because z_spawn is the only way to take control of an infected.

1x. Thats because you lost the tank. You can't donate a tank once you lost it.

2x. Was it versus? Versus has a 3 time tank switching restriction limit. if the tank is frustrated three times, it will disappear.
1. Ok do that.
2. Ok, this is KAC uncompartible unless i edit KACs sp and recompile. Now i understand the bug that happend. The tank was removed, but a new one was unable to spawn

1x. I removed this restriction, i am not that dumb
2x. First, i lost the tank, second time it disappeared.
I respawned as a hunter right after the tank became a bot, and tried to take control again and then failed - tank just disappeared.
PS: Any way to remove the restriction limit?

PPS: I removed any messages and made your plugin silent. Can add a cvar for this "Print Hint"-thingy to i can make it silent without editing the sp??
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2009 , 15:12   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
1. Ok do that.
2. Ok, this is KAC uncompartible unless i edit KACs sp and recompile. Now i understand the bug that happend. The tank was removed, but a new one was unable to spawn

1x. I removed this restriction, i am not that dumb
2x. First, i lost the tank, second time it disappeared.
I respawned as a hunter right after the tank became a bot, and tried to take control again and then failed - tank just disappeared.
PS: Any way to remove the restriction limit?

PPS: I removed any messages and made your plugin silent. Can add a cvar for this "Print Hint"-thingy to i can make it silent without editing the sp??
I tried removing the restriction limit, apparently it's hardcoded.

There is a cvar for the message: l4d_tanktakeover_message

Please, please, please, read the first page.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2009 , 15:52   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
1. There is a cvar for the message: l4d_tanktakeover_message

2. Please, please, please, read the first page.
1. Damn, i saw it. Forgot about this one, when was writing a feedback, sorry. I tried two version where i removed everything that makes the plugin to display something, also the cvar.
Second is where l4d_tanktakeover_message is 0 by default, AND TRIED THEM BOTH.

2. I did. But i allways download plugins and start looking at the source code, and first thing i do is i am searching for any code that will display messages so i forgot about the cvar
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2009 , 03:37   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #17

How the test going? I played League of Legends yesterday instead of L4D haven't chance to test .
Old 09-23-2009 , 04:03   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #18

One thing I should have done was comment more on the z_spawn function. I'll have to admit, this thing was done in a bit of a rush.

I've also noticed that it takes quite a few takeovers to mess up the finale. It shouldn't cause too much damage unless an admin keeps taking over the tank, or the tank gets frustrated too many times.
Mathiassk
Old 09-23-2009 , 12:45   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #19

Hi,

I have tried alot of times where the AI takes over after a certain amount of time if you havent done any damage, and just rush in and ruins your tactic. I think this should be removed because if you spawn far away from the survivors as tank its impossible to get near them and damage them without rushing in and dying. Or if your waiting for them to throw molotov, or waiting for a molotov to burn out the AI just takes over and run into the fire, I tried this once.

instead pass the tank over to another player after a little longer amount of time.

Can you please add this to your plug-in?
Frus
Old 09-23-2009 , 13:16   Re: [L4D] Tank Takeover
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiassk View Post
Hi,

I have tried alot of times where the AI takes over after a certain amount of time if you havent done any damage, and just rush in and ruins your tactic. I think this should be removed because if you spawn far away from the survivors as tank its impossible to get near them and damage them without rushing in and dying. Or if your waiting for them to throw molotov, or waiting for a molotov to burn out the AI just takes over and run into the fire, I tried this once.

instead pass the tank over to another player after a little longer amount of time.

Can you please add this to your plug-in?
Just as a suggestion, if your biggest issue is molotovs forcing the tank to go AI, you could try increasing z_frustration_spawn_delay, it defaults to 10, and I assume it is the # of seconds you have after spawning before your rage meter starts decreasing. Before deciding to remove the rage mechanic completely, as it serves to prevent a stalemate where the tank doesn't need to go into the survivors, and the survivors can't rush the tank.