Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2011 , 13:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollhater View Post
Here is my latest csm creation for COOP ONLY:

1. L4D1 survivors in L4D2. Mounting points for weapons are different for all characters = when you switch from any survivors to a L4D1 character model in an L4D2 map, YOU HAVE TO DROP YOUR MAIN WEAPON and then just pick another up or the weapon will stick out your head, arse, boobies, etc.

2. I have coded in a reminder in the plugin itself, but alas no one reads anything a server tells them to do lol (Type !csm in chat to change your character. If you change to a L4D1 character, drop & then pick back up your main weapon so the model will not glitch.)

3. Bill is available in most L4D1 campaigns as Nick/Bill, the #1 option in the menu. This is for MOST L4D1 campaigns.

4. Bill is available as a model only on the second page of this character select menu in ALL maps - he will have Ellis' or Rochelle's voice - have fun with that, I do.

5. Change the config (l4dcsm.cfg) and I have no idea how it works, what it does, and don't really care

6. The attached file csm.zip, is a really old version of csm I found recently. Maybe this will help one of you other folks out there working on this.

7. The file all_csm.zip is every other csm file I possess. It contains l4dcsm_c.smx, which I spent 6 hours on. It is the L4D2 version of the above csm.zip that I thought was the holy grail - NOT - check it out though, I had a good feeling about it. These files might help someone too.
Doesn't work as intended, cant use l4d2 characters in l4d1 and vice versa, good try.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
trollhater
Old 10-29-2011 , 05:13   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #522

Your vice versa theory can head right out the window in to the proverbial trash can. Please read my name. Those are the only two pages of my csm plugin i can vouch for. They show up on all maps in COOP. These are CHARACTER changes, in all instances except for Bill, his is a model change. Yet I changed his model on a map the other day and got voice for him too. You cannot change in to an L4D2 character in some L4D1 maps. Precinct 84 for example. Official ports you can, and all those crazy guys maps on l4d2maps dot us. Last picture is L4D2 survivors on Blood Harvest. Poo poo on you.

Last edited by trollhater; 08-30-2012 at 09:40.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2011 , 20:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollhater View Post
Your vice versa theory can head right out the window in to the proverbial trash can. Please read my name. Those are the only two pages of my csm plugin i can vouch for. They show up on all maps in COOP. These are CHARACTER changes, in all instances except for Bill, his is a model change. Yet I changed his model on a map the other day and got voice for him too. You cannot change in to an L4D2 character in some L4D1 maps. Precinct 84 for example. Official ports you can, and all those crazy guys maps on l4d2maps dot us. Last picture is L4D2 survivors on Blood Harvest. Poo poo on you.
idk who you are refering to, but this plugin crashed with bill and apart from that, it doesnt allow you to play l4d2 on l4d1 and l4d1 on l4d2 with full vocals. So there for...screenshots dont help you. Videos might.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2011 , 08:44   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
Yeah this really doesn't work as well as the ones on simian cage and lucky_kenny's servers.

I asked them if i could have a copy of theirs but they said they were too busy :/
Forget it Simiancage dont share there secrets ive no idear how they do $ cash buy with jimmy hordes

Last edited by RavenDan29; 12-27-2011 at 08:44.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2011 , 15:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
Forget it Simiancage dont share there secrets ive no idear how they do $ cash buy with jimmy hordes
There is a way to get this plugin to work correctly, and have all 8 survivors in game. Just have to use a set of plugins.
XD001
Old 01-02-2012 , 16:42   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
There is a way to get this plugin to work correctly, and have all 8 survivors in game. Just have to use a set of plugins.
Do you perhaps have those said plugins to make it work correctly?
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2012 , 16:52   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #527

In all honesty.

Mi's final work on this plugin was perhaps the best version of this available. All it really needed was some tweaking which nobody bothered to do.

Things like...

- Keep the L4D1 survivor model/character on map changes and L4D2 survivors if picked
- Switch Bill to Nick on map change but then change Nick back to Bill on map load
- Keep Bill from being an issue with hordes which was addressed for the most part
- Keep characters when players go IDLE and not switch them back

Now regarding being able to use ALL of the characters with voice on all maps. You need to use a version of Downtown linked earlier in this thread by Mr. Zero. Its the only way to be able to use both sets of survivors on all maps via forcing survivor set to 2.

The only drawback to that is no L4D2 icons/names in L4D1 campaigns but that's only a small drawback to an otherwise great workaround.

I've only seen two server groupings that seemingly allow Bill in full voice and model and that's Simian Cage and the Graveyard ALL 8 survivor server which DOES NOT utilize the downtown version that allows both sets of voices on all campaigns. However that server does keep all survivor models/voice on all campaigns.

Last edited by Sev; 01-02-2012 at 16:54.
XD001
Old 01-02-2012 , 18:07   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #528

Hey Sev, I don't mean to be annoying here, but where on Earth do I put that "l4d_force_survivorset 2" command?

I already installed that version of L4Downtown that Mr. Zero posted, but I don't have a clue on how to use it.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2012 , 18:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #529

Put it in your server.cg file if you are using that. Same thing if you are using a separate coop.cfg file.

But if you are only using the server.cfg

Use this below

sm_cvar l4d_force_survivorset 2
XD001
Old 01-02-2012 , 18:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #530

I'm assuming I need an actual dedicated server for it to work, right?

Because it doesn't seem to work when I host locally.

EDIT:
I have managed to create my own server but I get this error:

[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext.ext": The specified module could not be found.

Any help on how to make it work?

EDIT AGAIN:

I have it working now.

I'm using it with the 8 survivors plugin that spawns everyone, but Bill is always Rochelle or Ellis, and then it eventually crashes.

I want it to be setup similar to the Graveyard servers, where it is all streamlined and works perfectly.

Last edited by XD001; 01-05-2012 at 17:00.