Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] LogUploader (v1.4, 2013-05-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Duckeh
Old 03-15-2013 , 16:26   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.2, 2013-03-13)
Reply With Quote #11

Awesome, thanks.
I've been rewriting my version to look more like yours, so thanks a load for that example.

Also been trying to use the JSON parser for the last hour, however "json_get_cell" and "json_get_string" keep returning false
Even with a JSON string like this:
Code:
{"log_id":17277,"url":"/17277","success":true}
Nikkii
Old 03-15-2013 , 17:07   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.2, 2013-03-13)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckeh View Post
Awesome, thanks.
I've been rewriting my version to look more like yours, so thanks a load for that example.

Also been trying to use the JSON parser for the last hour, however "json_get_cell" and "json_get_string" keep returning false
Even with a JSON string like this:
Code:
{"log_id":17277,"url":"/17277","success":true}
Doesn't look like the json include is working The response is always 'INVALID_JSON', so something isn't parsing right... I wonder if psychonic is around to comment on the json include, but it should be working fine since it uses basic functions

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 03-15-2013 at 17:09.
Duckeh
Old 03-16-2013 , 09:44   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.3, 2013-03-16)
Reply With Quote #13

So I took a look at calling "log on" to flush everything to file and then grabbing the most recent log with a filesize above 0.
It works pretty well when I start the process using a console command, however when it gets started by the event hook the timestamps mess up for some reason =/
A log which has just been finished will get a timestamp of like 80 seconds ago, whereas when the process is started by a console command the timestamp will be roughly 10 seconds back.

I don't understand why these timestamps are getting messed up like this. I though maybe it could be because at this point I was already looping through about 30 log files to find the most recent one. Using less log files did improve things, but still didn't give me log files with a time difference (current time - file timestamp) of 0, which the current method does.

So for now I've just lowered the time to look for logs to 10 seconds back.
Also did a load of debugging on the JSON parser. Found where it's returning the JSON_INVALID to the handle but can't say I understand enough of it to be able to fix anything.
JakeSanchard
Old 03-19-2013 , 07:43   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.3, 2013-03-16)
Reply With Quote #14

I am new to SourceMod and server configs so I'll come out and say it.

Can I install this without cURL extension? If not, how do I install it? There's no tutorial on the mod page for cURL extension and the download has different directories and files so I don't know what I'm uploading to my server.

I apologize for my ignorance but I really like the idea of this mod since I use logs.tf a lot and automated uploading would be great!
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2013 , 09:26   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.3, 2013-03-16)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSanchard View Post
Can I install this without cURL extension?
Yes, but it won't load. Or in other words: no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSanchard View Post
If not, how do I install it?
Like every other extension, that's why there are no instructions on the extensions page itself.

I suggest reading this.
It teaches you how to install plugins and extensions. And also helps you troubleshooting problems you have on the way.
Old 03-19-2013 , 09:49   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.3, 2013-03-16)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn2 View Post
Yes, but it won't load. Or in other words: no.

Like every other extension, that's why there are no instructions on the extensions page itself.

I suggest reading this.
It teaches you how to install plugins and extensions. And also helps you troubleshooting problems you have on the way.
That's great, thanks! I guess .SMX files go to /orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions and anything within folders go in existing folders of the same name then. Thanks for the quick reply too.
userid_ivan
Old 05-02-2013 , 04:19   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.3, 2013-03-16)
Reply With Quote #17

Hi,
I wanted to give you a suggestion about handling "logs" directory. Actually logs folder is hardcoded on plugin's sourcecode but it does not work on forked servers where logs directory is different. For example I have a forked server and inside logs directory i have N folders for every forked server (server01, server02 etc..).
You should use sv_logsdir variable to get the right logs directory.
Duckeh
Old 05-05-2013 , 09:51   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.4, 2013-05-05)
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks Ivan, I've updated the plugin to use sv_logsdir for the logsdir!

So yeah, updated to version 1.4 today. Let me know if weird stuff happens, cause again I haven't had much time to do much development on this plugin, let alone testing!

Also, again, a big thanks to Nikkii for his examples and for fixing the JSON include!
Nikkii
Old 05-07-2013 , 03:17   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.4, 2013-05-05)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckeh View Post
Thanks Ivan, I've updated the plugin to use sv_logsdir for the logsdir!

So yeah, updated to version 1.4 today. Let me know if weird stuff happens, cause again I haven't had much time to do much development on this plugin, let alone testing!

Also, again, a big thanks to Nikkii for his examples and for fixing the JSON include!
her* Also, make sure to use the other version I linked in PM, it fixes a bug with ending strings

Also, it's a lot easier and cleaner to just use the log_id json value than both, since you actually have a url that is already formed and you're just adding the id onto it instead of the possibility of a malformed url if it isn't there

(If logs.tf changes their 'url' response to a different sub path then it might break, however)

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper
Duckeh
Old 05-07-2013 , 03:32   Re: [TF2] LogUploader (v1.4, 2013-05-05)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
her*
I already thought it would be a slightly odd name for a dude, but then again this is the internet.. So you never know! My bad!