Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-22-2016 , 05:49   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #231

To repeat myself again, it is not possible for that notice to be displayed on crash reports from updated servers.

Not possible.

Repeat after me:
If your crash report says "This crash was caused by a known issue in CS:GO, introduced in the 2016-08-18 update." in a blue box at the top, your server DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTIONAL UPDATE.

You may think you have updated it, that does not mean that you have actually updated it.

If steamcmd also thinks that you have updated it, run a validate. BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPTIONAL UPDATE.

There have been a total of 0 instances of this crash from the servers that actually have updated.

Last edited by asherkin; 08-22-2016 at 05:50.
yessi.ub
Old 08-22-2016 , 19:26   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
To repeat myself again, it is not possible for that notice to be displayed on crash reports from updated servers.

Not possible.

Repeat after me:
If your crash report says "This crash was caused by a known issue in CS:GO, introduced in the 2016-08-18 update." in a blue box at the top, your server DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTIONAL UPDATE.

You may think you have updated it, that does not mean that you have actually updated it.

If steamcmd also thinks that you have updated it, run a validate. BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPTIONAL UPDATE.

There have been a total of 0 instances of this crash from the servers that actually have updated.
I mentioned to my host, a fairly big game server host about this thread. They have gone ahead and added a validate button to the control panel.... "updated" one of my servers using this validate.... yet am still getting the same crash report.

https://crash.limetech.org/3xu6ldd7mlu3

I have been running game servers for over 10 years, this is the first problem i am having. I run servers off both my own dedicated servers and hosted by professionals, my own hosted servers seem to be running fine with no crashes.

The servers are just retake servers, no fancy maps or things like that.

Code:
 Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 93.96 (14925663910 / 15885781951)  Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 95.16 (15116466171 / 15885781951)  Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 96.44 (15319963429 / 15885781951)  Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 97.84 (15542785829 / 15885781951)  Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 99.17 (15754044117 / 15885781951)  Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 0.15 (71117 / 46427633)  Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 73.31 (34035185 / 46427633) Success! App '740' fully installed.   Starting the service... The service has been started. The script has executed successfully. You may close this window.
Any help on this i would greatly appreciate!

EDIT: I have just gone ahead and reinstalled one of my servers, still crashes. This was a clean reinstall, new sourcemod install.

Typing version still shows Aug 4 build.

Last edited by yessi.ub; 08-22-2016 at 20:08.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2016 , 22:12   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #233

Showing aug 4 is correct.

This means your crashes arnt related to the botched update.
Old 08-23-2016 , 02:13   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #234

so we just need to run steamcmd again?
Old 08-23-2016 , 03:26   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Showing aug 4 is correct.

This means your crashes arnt related to the botched update.
I really don't think this is the case.

The crash logs i am getting still state the same reason, nothing has changed on the servers regarding plugins or configs since the update has come out.

I have 9 other servers all running the same, i have even reinstalled one of them and copied over the addons and cfg folder from what i know is a working server with no crashes.

http://pasteboard.co/c0XZEJ9Ps.png

This is the amount of crashes i am still getting, again all from the same server host which suggests its something to do with the update.

Last edited by yessi.ub; 08-23-2016 at 03:27.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-23-2016 , 03:37   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #236

You are running "version" on the client, use rcon or sm_rcon.
I'm not sure what your providers validate button does, but it doesn't do a steamcmd validate.
It's likely they install from a central copy and validate against that - which is probably why a clean install didn't help either.
Throttle says without a doubt that your files are outdated, that's straight from the running code, it's really not a point that can be debated.
You need to work with your provider, that's what you pay them for.

EDIT: If you have full access to the server files, you could delete csgo/bin/server.so and upload a copy from a working server. But that's not really a solution for a GSP that can't handle the basic task of distributing updates.

Last edited by asherkin; 08-23-2016 at 03:44.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-23-2016 , 03:38   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #237

Be sure to run steamcmd with update and validate to make sure that it was properly updated with the optional update.
Reinstalling may not download the optional update, which would cause you to have the same issue again.
Edit: If you have TCAdmin, this would be a likely cause of the same issue as it uses a pre-installed installation.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 08-23-2016 at 03:39. Reason: asherkin beat me to it...
yessi.ub
Old 08-23-2016 , 04:37   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Be sure to run steamcmd with update and validate to make sure that it was properly updated with the optional update.
Reinstalling may not download the optional update, which would cause you to have the same issue again.
Edit: If you have TCAdmin, this would be a likely cause of the same issue as it uses a pre-installed installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You are running "version" on the client, use rcon or sm_rcon.
I'm not sure what your providers validate button does, but it doesn't do a steamcmd validate.
It's likely they install from a central copy and validate against that - which is probably why a clean install didn't help either.
Throttle says without a doubt that your files are outdated, that's straight from the running code, it's really not a point that can be debated.
You need to work with your provider, that's what you pay them for.

EDIT: If you have full access to the server files, you could delete csgo/bin/server.so and upload a copy from a working server. But that's not really a solution for a GSP that can't handle the basic task of distributing updates.
Thanks both for your replies on this one.

The host is working with me on this you'll be glad to hear but at least we know it is def down to server files being not updated.

The host is using Tcadmin and from previous experience i know it enables the host to use multiple ways to offer files over, i think the centrally allocated server files are probably the key here and not coming directly steam.

I will update to let you know where i am, i would not be surprised if many other users hosted under the same company are experiencing the same issue.

EDIT:

Using rcon version shows Aug 18, where as just version shows 4 Aug. The host is fantastic with updates usually just this one has seemed to catch us both out a little.

Last edited by yessi.ub; 08-23-2016 at 04:41.
usla
Old 08-30-2016 , 19:20   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #239

this was fun while it lasted, i'v noticed the problem and quickly removed maps with issues and gone from an empty server to a full 1 rofl lmao
Marounda
Old 09-05-2016 , 03:57   Re: CSGO crashes (As of 18/08 update)
Reply With Quote #240

Hello,

The servers crashes continues for me... Less, but some crashes...

Am I alone ?