Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2009 , 22:29   Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

I got a linux host and amxmodx works fine with the tfcx module.

But when I add any random custom plugin, The server doesn't start? I don't know why because i don't own the server or am able to see the console. I'm new to the service so I don't know if they allow console logs or what. I hope someone can help.

Thanks. (will post what anyone needs, plugins.ini or anything)

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 07-24-2009 , 22:42   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

You can FTP into your server and in the .\amxmodx\logs folder, grab the last couple error logs and see if anything jumps out at you there. If not, grab the last couple log files from .\cstrile\logs after the next crash and see if they tell you anything.
Old 07-25-2009 , 00:31   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

Gameservers.com actually has a link to the server console. If you can find something like that and look at it after it fails to start that might help.

Also, try some other plugins. Preferably very simple ones and see if even those work.
Old 07-25-2009 , 14:10   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

L 07/25/2009 - 19:20:40: [META] ERROR: dll: Not loading plugin 'Fun'; already loaded (status=running)
L 07/25/2009 - 19:20:40: [META] ERROR: dll: Failed to load plugin 'fun_amxx_i386.so'
L 07/25/2009 - 19:20:40: [META] ERROR: dll: Not loading plugin 'TfcX'; already loaded (status=running)
L 07/25/2009 - 19:20:40: [META] ERROR: dll: Failed to load plugin 'tfcx_amxx_i386.so'

This is what i saw in my latest log when starting the server

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2009 , 14:22   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

Did you install the right based amxmodx package? are you positive you did not install the windows verison. check in your metamod/dll folder and see what kind of file it is, if it is an dll you installed it wrong. also make sure your liblist.gam is updated.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2009 , 14:52   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

Well i found out it was listmaps.amxx that was crashing it. I reinstalled the plugin many times but it still crashes.

(This plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...light=listmaps)

Why is it crashing my server? It just shows simple maps on the server. Don't understand why it would crash it.

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 07-25-2009 , 15:05   Re: Server Crashes when adding any custom plugin (LINUX)

Now that you've nailed it down to a specific plugin, you need to take your query to that plugin's thread.

Thank you.
Closed Thread