Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New to CS:GO Server Hosting

Post New Thread Reply   

terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-22-2013 , 18:22   New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I haven't worked with SRCDS for a long while now, and I've started a CS:GO Server. However after lots of configuration (after adding SourceMod/MetaMod etc), I still have a few questions until I have finished maintenance on my server.

My current gamemode is Arms Race, but I want all the questions below to work for all gamemodes as part of the server that is created to have constant gamemode changes for specific competitions/schedules and such! Anyway, here's my questions:

1) How do I override all cvars (in map groups, game modes, etc) to make it so bot_difficulty is always set to 3? I've set it to 3 in server.cfg but it seems to always go to 1. Solved this one!

2) After a mapvote, it just seems to restart the same map, no matter what was voted. I tried setting mp_match_end_restart to 0 but that just changes the map to a completely random one even if it's not in the map group (Like Dust in an Arms Race!). It changes the 'nextlevel' cvar on its own fine. But it just doesn't seem to change to that map. After clearing the mapcycle.txt file however, it just seems to repeat the same map no matter what the vote is. Any fix? Solved this one too!

3) Is there a way to 'mix' gamemodes? So we can sometimes have Armsrace, or missions, bomb, hostage, etc, after each map change?

Please note this is a clean server and any help is appreciated! I may also have more questions later so I will just reply in a new post if I do.

Last edited by terrum; 04-22-2013 at 19:51.
Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2013 , 08:40   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #2

3) you have to change the game mode game type first then change maps... see;
http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/when...rrect-it-self/
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2013 , 10:44   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #3

Incidentally, Ultimate MapChooser can do votes for game types then for maps.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2013 , 15:02   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks a lot both Real silly question here but what would be the best way to download custom maps for my CS:GO Server? Is there a way to make it download all the CS:GO Steam Workshop maps from my subscribed/favourites or something?

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2013 , 15:58   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrum View Post
Thanks a lot both Real silly question here but what would be the best way to download custom maps for my CS:GO Server? Is there a way to make it download all the CS:GO Steam Workshop maps from my subscribed/favourites or something?
Create a collection... there's a cvar (can't remember which one) that will cause the server to download all the maps from said collection and also get users to download them from the workshop.

I'd look up which cvar, but I'm at work... it's somewhere in Steam's support stuff for CS:GO.
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2013 , 17:04   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #6

host_workshop_collection <id>
terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2013 , 18:42   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Incidentally, Ultimate MapChooser can do votes for game types then for maps.
Is there a plugin that can set the gamemode without needing to replace the whole map voting system though? For example, a text file where you can enter the mapname, and the gamemode it uses so the plugin can set the gamemode accordingly when it's on that map.

Last edited by terrum; 04-23-2013 at 18:45.
terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-24-2013 , 16:44   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #8

Also 3 more questions:

1) How do I make it so everyone can see and hear spectator voice and chat, as well as see and hear dead voice and chat, so everyone who is alive/dead/spectating can hear/see voice/chat?

2) My server is 12 slot, i had 10 bots on 'fill', how do I make it so a bot is kicked per player that joins, and a bot returns per player disconnecting?

3) Same as above - Is there a plugin that can set the gamemode without needing the replace the whole map voting system? For example, a text file where you can enter the mapname, and the gamemode it uses so the plugin can set the gamemode accordingly when it's on that map.

Last edited by terrum; 05-09-2013 at 19:44.
terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2013 , 19:43   Re: New to CS:GO Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #9

Bump! I just need to know if there's a way to make specific maps have their own gamemode set in some sort of config file as said in a previous post. Can someone tell me if such exists or if there's a way to do it? If not, is there a way I can request it?