Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 07-14-2020 , 22:32   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Oh, sorry for violating the rule and as far as the problem is concerned, I could've purchased the game if I could afford it...

Well, Thanks for the replies anyways...
I don't know why people always falsely claim they can't afford one of the cheapest games non-free games on the face of the earth. If you can afford to have internet service, you can afford a one-time purchase of any Half-Life 1 based game.
__________________
fysiks is offline
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Unknown
Old 07-15-2020 , 02:04   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I don't know why people always falsely claim they can't afford one of the cheapest games non-free games on the face of the earth. If you can afford to have internet service, you can afford a one-time purchase of any Half-Life 1 based game.
I used to think this way too but the value of this game is expensive in some countries. Take like Argentina. It's quite expensive even though this game is outdated.
__________________

Home of the AMX SUPER
Discord
DruGzOG is offline
Send a message via AIM to DruGzOG
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 07-15-2020 , 05:52   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I don't know why people always falsely claim they can't afford one of the cheapest games non-free games on the face of the earth. If you can afford to have internet service, you can afford a one-time purchase of any Half-Life 1 based game.
If the price of the game in USA is, for example 0.1% of the average wage, in other countries it may be 10%. Think about it that way. Would you spend 10% of your earnings on a 20 year old game? Probably not, especially when the cracked versions are easier to obtain than the actual game. Not saying that this is the right thing to do, but the problem won't be fixed any time soon if Valve doesn't make some changes.
__________________
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Romania
Old 07-15-2020 , 07:21   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If the price of the game in USA is, for example 0.1% of the average wage, in other countries it may be 10%. Think about it that way. Would you spend 10% of your earnings on a 20 year old game? Probably not, especially when the cracked versions are easier to obtain than the actual game. Not saying that this is the right thing to do, but the problem won't be fixed any time soon if Valve doesn't make some changes.
While this makes sense, you forget the obvious disadvantage that the OP already saw: scummy servers messing with your game and your entire pc.
__________________
HamletEagle is offline
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:10   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
While this makes sense, you forget the obvious disadvantage that the OP already saw: scummy servers messing with your game and your entire pc.
Yup, can't really protect against that and this isn't the place to solve such issues.
__________________

Last edited by OciXCrom; 07-15-2020 at 14:10.
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Pocky
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:22   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #16

Well, it may be cheap for you but the grass is not really green on the other side.Besides, I think Steam should make it free.Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
Pocky is offline
thEsp
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Land of Eagles
Old 07-15-2020 , 14:45  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
That's a common economic methodology game developers use, it's only about time. TF2 proved successful so did CSGO. Any you might say "oh wow, why's that?" and the answer is pretty clear: more players = higher income from in-app purchases.
thEsp is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 07-15-2020 , 23:51   Re: How Can/Should I Prevent My Game From Slowhack By Servers?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If the price of the game in USA is, for example 0.1% of the average wage, in other countries it may be 10%. Think about it that way. Would you spend 10% of your earnings on a 20 year old game? Probably not, especially when the cracked versions are easier to obtain than the actual game. Not saying that this is the right thing to do, but the problem won't be fixed any time soon if Valve doesn't make some changes.
If you can afford the monthly internet charges then you can afford a one time purchase of a relatively cheap game. If you truly can't afford it then you have bigger problems and shouldn't be spending much time on the internet playing games. Obviously, this is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Well, it may be cheap for you but the grass is not really green on the other side.Besides, I think Steam should make it free.Well, I mean apart from being too old, they also made CS:GO free, right?
You can think what you want. You may think they made CS:GO "free for a lot of people" but in reality they devised an alternate monetization strategy that just happens to allow people to download it for free. This strategy will never work with such an old game therefore, there is no reason or incentive to make it free.
__________________

Last edited by fysiks; 07-16-2020 at 00:00.
fysiks is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode